Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:18 PM

ok, here is the framed invite ...

Click the image to open in full size.

#12 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:44 AM

Wow Ann that is very pretty, great idea! I assume that's not still hanging up in your house . . . . or is Paul that cool? LOL

#13 dragonfly

dragonfly
      • 1,820 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:57 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by starchild
        Wow Ann that is very pretty, great idea! I assume that's not still hanging up in your house . . . . or is Paul that cool? LOL
        Hehe, What do you do with all the fab first wedding stuff, besides post it on here for reference!

Nicole has my first wedding picture hanging in her room, Everton is okay with it since Nicole is also in it all cute and cuddly with mom and dad. LOL

Kelly~

#14 -Kate-

-Kate-
        • VIP Member
        • 7,676 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:43 AM

Ann - My mom gives that as her standard gift too! It's awesome bc it's so personal and no one else ever thinks to do it. For my gparents 50th anniversary she framed their wedding pic and invite.

#15 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:00 AM

oh no - it's not still hanging up! it is sitting in the basement with all of the other stuff we need to hang though - but this won't be going up! lol

#16 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
            • 4,979 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:15 AM

So it's just going to sit in the basement? You aren't going to do anything with it or get rid of it?
              Happily Married since May 9, 2008
              Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#17 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:18 AM

who wants my old invitation? lol or are you talking about just the frame and stuff?

#18 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                • 4,979 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:38 AM

rid = trash? I dunno. Are you still attached to it? I would just think it's weird if I held onto my wedding invitation from my marriage with my ex-husband in the house I'm sharing with my new husband.
                  Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                  Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#19 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:47 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
                    rid = trash? I dunno. Are you still attached to it? I would just think it's weird if I held onto my wedding invitation from my marriage with my ex-husband in the house I'm sharing with my new husband.
                    well, i hadn't given it much thought really. i also have the wedding pictures, the dress, the veil, etc. ... i'm not attached to it, but i also am not attached to any of the stuff from my wedding to paul either (the extra invites went in the garbage!) - i don't get attached to "stuff" really. it's more that i just haven't thought about it i guess - it's just with the rest of my stuff! lol my first marriage was still an important day in my life though - it's not like i want to discard all of those memories just cuz we're divorced. i won't get rid of the pictures - but the rest of the stuff i could do without. just need to figure out what to do with it!

#20 dragonfly

dragonfly
                    • 1,820 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:40 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by akh
                      well, i hadn't given it much thought really. i also have the wedding pictures, the dress, the veil, etc. ... i'm not attached to it, but i also am not attached to any of the stuff from my wedding to paul either (the extra invites went in the garbage!) - i don't get attached to "stuff" really. it's more that i just haven't thought about it i guess - it's just with the rest of my stuff! lol my first marriage was still an important day in my life though - it's not like i want to discard all of those memories just cuz we're divorced. i won't get rid of the pictures - but the rest of the stuff i could do without. just need to figure out what to do with it!
                      I agree that the first wedding is still part of your history and who you are today, you and paul must be very secure in your realationship with one another. I know old wedding stuff mine and Everton's doesn't bother either of us. We do have children however and I think it is important to hang on to it as a testement for them to who their parents were. I have my dress and veil also, both my daughter say that one day they want to use the veil, I think that is a beautiful idea. Just this year I gave my girls each a ring, Nicole got my old engagement ring, and Kenda got the wedding band, both girls haven't taken them off since.

Back to topic, one of the coolest gifts I got ther first time around, was a money jar, instead of just being given money, my Aunt and Uncle gave me a beautiful glass jar with a lid filled with loonies. It was a great incentive to keep adding to it and then when we had enough to do something fun, usually a trip, we did guilt free.

Kelly~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users