• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:09 PM

Althouh we are all planning a wedding right now, we will probably be attending a bunch too. I often find myself going to several weddings a years & buying a nice gift for each can get expensive. I personally do not want expensive gifts for my wedding.

Anyway, I came across this article in Kiplingers. Avoid Overspending on Wedding Gifts - Kiplinger.com
    There is a link to cheap, but thoughtful gift ideas. I really like this one:ThinkGeek :: Gorillapod
    Its a really cool tripod that you can attach anywhere. I don't know how I like all the gift ideas. Canned food?

I also like the idea of sending pictures on a CD or DVD. I always do this after weddings. If people attending my wedding will send me all the pictures they took on a CD, that would be my favorite gift.

#2 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:13 PM

Aww great ideas!! That tripod is too cool... And if you know me at all, you know it's been bookmarked among all of the others I'll have to sift through one day!

Thanks! I think if anyone else has really cool wedding present ideas - this is the thread to post it in. Come on ladies, as brides-to-be (and newlyweds), lets get creative!!!
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:16 PM

one of my favorite gifts i got for my first marriage (and that i gave for almost every wedding i've been at since!) was my wedding invite really nicely framed. my best friends mom did it (a little company) and she would dry flowers, press them, and then put them in a nice frame with the invite. i am not explaining it well, but it really looks nice. i could take a picture of my first wedding - it looked awesome!

not sure if she still does it - but it would be something that a good ol' DIYer could do for not very much $$

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:33 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by akh
          one of my favorite gifts i got for my first marriage (and that i gave for almost every wedding i've been at since!) was my wedding invite really nicely framed. my best friends mom did it (a little company) and she would dry flowers, press them, and then put them in a nice frame with the invite. i am not explaining it well, but it really looks nice. i could take a picture of my first wedding - it looked awesome!

not sure if she still does it - but it would be something that a good ol' DIYer could do for not very much $$
          Did she take flowers from the wedding to press? It sounds like a great gift. I might try to make something like that.

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:36 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mlb36
            Did she take flowers from the wedding to press? It sounds like a great gift. I might try to make something like that.
            i don't think she did - or at least not for the one she made me. but she did do a really good job of staying with the "theme" of the wedding - the colors, etc. i will go try to take a picture of mine soon!

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:52 PM

Thats probably better. That way you can give it to them at the wedding. I think I'll do that for a friend's wedding. Her flowers will be roses so I can just buy some rose petals.

Another gift I give a lot are photo calendars & photo books from shutterfly.com. I usually get them free from various offers on slickdeals.net. You can enter in all the birthdays & holidays you want and they are printed on the calendar. You have to really know someone to have enough pictures to fill it out. My mom & my FI's mom get one every year.

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:01 PM

If you like the gorillapod, I found it for sale on their website. You can chose to buy it without a package to save money & the environment. Shipping is free, so its cheaper than the other website.
                Joby - Innovate for Life

#8 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by akh

that sounds really nice!

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:58 PM

oh, thanks for reminding me ... i'll take a picture. it really was a nice personal gift (too bad we divorced!) lol

#10 ajncooter

ajncooter
                    • 983 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:16 PM

great ideas thanks for sharing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users