Photo

Where did you have your ROR rehearsal dinner?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bride121209

Bride121209
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:07 PM

I would like to have rehearsal dinner at the Riu, but I don't want to pay extra to reserve space in one of the restaurants. Does anyone have any alternative ideas?

#2 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:12 PM

There is no additional charge to arrange dinner at any of the restaurants at ROR. All you need to do is contact Chandlyn & tell her that you'd like to have a rehersal dinner. Depending on the size of your group, the dinner will probably be St.Ann's since the other restaurants like Tushima, Mandalay & Sir John/Sir Richard require reservations and have limited seating.
      I think you could also use Mammee Bay or Plantation. You would have to ask Chandlyn which restaurants are available.

We had a welcome dinner at St.Ann's. Chandlyn set aside tables for our group & it worked out fine.

#3 raeshb

raeshb
      • 19 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:54 PM

Hi JUSTUSTWO - thanks for sending me this link from the other post. I see you had a welcome dinner, may i ask if you arranged it once you arrived or in advance?

#4 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:15 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by raeshb
          Hi JUSTUSTWO - thanks for sending me this link from the other post. I see you had a welcome dinner, may i ask if you arranged it once you arrived or in advance?
          I arranged my welcome dinner prior to my arrival. You can just send Chandlyn an email & let her know the day & time you'd like to have your dinner & she'll take care of it.
          I'm sure you could also do it when you have your meeting with her. St.Ann is pretty big & you shouldn't have a problem if you wanted to wait until you got there.

#5 KelandJay81

KelandJay81
          • 158 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

Oh my gosh - this is soo great to know!! I had no idea that we could do this!!! Woo hoooo.

Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
            January 12, 2012

51 Booked!!! Wooooo hoooo!
            Our Wedding Website

#6 mmcst38

mmcst38
            • 237 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

we didn't have a rehersal dinner, because there really is nothing to go over, you stay in your room they set everything up, tell everyone what time to be there, the wedding cooridnator comes to get you walks you and your girls to the site...and tells everyone when to go. but if you really want to you can setup tables together in the back of st anns we did that for a birthday party while there

May 13, 2011
              Riu Resort
              Ochos Rios Jamaica

#7 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
              • 179 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:35 PM

thanks for the tip, will probably be doing something informal like that.

Originally Posted by mmcst38 

we didn't have a rehersal dinner, because there really is nothing to go over, you stay in your room they set everything up, tell everyone what time to be there, the wedding cooridnator comes to get you walks you and your girls to the site...and tells everyone when to go. but if you really want to you can setup tables together in the back of st anns we did that for a birthday party while there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users