Photo

Maracas!!!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:29 AM

That's awesome.  Thanks again for posting. 

I ordered the color specific ones and they are 8".  They are really nice and you can tell they are hand carved because the shapes/sizes vary slightly which makes them look more original and not like they were mass produced in a factory.  I recieved them less than 2 weeks after I ordered them and the orage ones were backordered so that even delayed it a little bit.  The design isn';t exactly the same but it is pretty similar.  Due to the fact that I ordered 100 of them, they ended up only being $1 a maraca which is a great price for something so authentic looking!

#42 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
    • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:03 PM

Ladies,

I just ordered 3 sets of maracas (light blue, dark blue and pink) as I wanted to get a true picture of the colors.  They will be here on Friday.  How's that for turn-a-round.  I'll take a picture and post once received.

#43 adales

adales
      • Site Supporter
      • 545 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:56 PM

No problem!  That is a great turn around time and I am sure you won't be disappointed!  This is a great site and I would be lost without it!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

I ordered the color specific ones and they are 8".  They are really nice and you can tell they are hand carved because the shapes/sizes vary slightly which makes them look more original and not like they were mass produced in a factory.  I recieved them less than 2 weeks after I ordered them and the orage ones were backordered so that even delayed it a little bit.  The design isn';t exactly the same but it is pretty similar.  Due to the fact that I ordered 100 of them, they ended up only being $1 a maraca which is a great price for something so authentic looking!

#44 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
        • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:27 PM

You and me both.  Happy Happy Planning All

Originally Posted by adales 

No problem!  That is a great turn around time and I am sure you won't be disappointed!  This is a great site and I would be lost without it!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

#45 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
          • 2,136 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

Ladies,

As promised here are two pictures of the maracas that I received from Amsols today.  I ordered these on Tuesday and received them on Friday.  Not a bad turnaround time at all.  The colors are ordered were the Pink, Light Blue and Bright Blue.  The "bright blue" is almost like a navy color but a shade or two lighter.  I like the pink but my  only turn-off is that the Light blue is a lot wider than the other two and I don't care for the design on it.  That's me though.  Hopefully this will help others.photo.JPG

Attached Files

#46 m&d2011

m&d2011
            • 379 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

love this idea

#47 speedy130

speedy130
              • 102 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:26 AM

These are great!  I just emailed them about doing certain colors.  I was trying to avoid lugging more stuff down there but I think this is worth it :)

#48 adales

adales
                • Site Supporter
                • 545 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:04 AM

I was feeling the same way and then I came across these and I just fell in love with them.  This way we know what they look like and we will be happy with them!

Originally Posted by speedy130 

These are great!  I just emailed them about doing certain colors.  I was trying to avoid lugging more stuff down there but I think this is worth it :)

#49 Mwise17

Mwise17
                  • 528 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

Thank you so much for this!!!!!  My colors are the same, and I just emailed them with this pic asking for the same.  Question:  why did you choose the 8" over the 6"?  I am just worried they are going to be big for the plate (I am going to lay them on each guests plate at the reception) and that 6" would be easier to travel with the 52 I have to bring!

?
                    :)

Originally Posted by adales 

I ordered and recieved my maracas from amols and I absolutely love them.  Our colors are fuchsia and tangerine so I ordered them specificallly in those colors.

maracas.jpg

#50 timmers49

timmers49
                    • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:57 PM

I purchased maracas from windy city novelties, but I want to paint over them to personalize and change the colors.  Has anyone else done this and if so...what kind of paint did you use and did you sand them down first to get the shiny paint off the maraca first?? 

Thanks for any suggestions!

Back to Wedding Registry, Wedding Gift Bags, and OOT bags

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users