Photo

Hand addressing invites?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 punkie569

punkie569
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:23 PM

Hmm I didn't realize that it was proper to handwrite them out. I wasn't going to because I have awful writing as well. Guess I'll have to figure out something. My sister is the only person I know that has really nice writing but she's also a perfectionist and she'd probably do every single one twice just to be sure. Thanks for cluing me in!
    Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#12 sjmacphe

sjmacphe
    • 291 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:32 PM

Hey there, I am not sure what is 'etiquette' - but I actually enjoyed handwriting them (unless I aligned the writing improperly and had to re-do them), I did 60 ish by myself - but it took only a couple hours.

#13 KJT1985

KJT1985
      • 694 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by sjmacphe
        Hey there, I am not sure what is 'etiquette' - but I actually enjoyed handwriting them (unless I aligned the writing improperly and had to re-do them), I did 60 ish by myself - but it took only a couple hours.
        That's not too bad at all. Did you find an effective way to make it level or centered? I thought about using a pencil to draw light lines but i'm worried about not erasing them well enough or it messing up the envelope when I do. Haha. Please share your secrets if you found any!

#14 sjmacphe

sjmacphe
        • 291 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:49 PM

Hey again!
          I have no big secrets I am sorry - I am big into eye-balling haha. Definitely screwed a few up, but I just re-did them. After I did a few I started getting a better idea of where to start writing depending on how long the person's name was. I tried to be consistent but honestly, some were slightly different than others (like which line the PC was on) but I figured ppl aren't going to be comparing them to each other. As long as they were neat and tidy, decently centered I was ok with it :). Maybe I am not that much of a perfectionist. I would buy a big box of envelopes and practice a few until you get into the flow. Also, a nice pen helps - I got a Sharpie pen, I like them a lot :). Good luck!

#15 KJT1985

KJT1985
          • 694 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

Yeah, I bought a calligraphy pen at Michaels last night but I need to practice. I played around with calligraphy a long long time ago. I also didn't order extra envelopes so I guess I need to pull out some regular ones!

#16 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
            • 2,458 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:22 PM

I'm not sure what proper 'etiquette' is on this either, but my thought is that most rules go out the window with a DW so go ahead and do what you want :) I'm giving my printer an excel document with all the address information and he's doing a mail merge and printing them for me.
              Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#17 Brooklyn Carolina

Brooklyn Carolina
              • 94 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:38 AM

My invitations are being hand addressed. I found a vendor on etsy.com who will do up to 75 invitations for $50. Well worth the price! I think the printer ink is more expensive than that....and she has a great handwriting.
                Carolina

#18 JCruz

JCruz
                • 154 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:26 PM

I agree with the post above. Our wedding is not very traditional and the feel of our invites are also quite modern so I didn't feel bad about not sticking to the tradition of using caligraphy to address our invites. I say do what you want to!

#19 frazali

frazali
                  • 245 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:34 PM

I hand addressed about 80 invites. I did them in batches of about 20, so it really wasn't that bad. As long as you space it out into doable amounts, it's really not that bad.

#20 *Linds*

*Linds*
                    • 5,776 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

It is a pain, but I hand addressed all mine. I am extremely anal and it drove me crazy that they weren't all perfect, but oh well.....I do like the personal touch! I also put some tropical stamps in our wedding colors on the envelopes to jazz them up a bit (ours were just plain white).
                      Loving married life! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users