Photo

Dominican Republic Excursions!

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 lrfriendly

lrfriendly
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:44 PM

Tropical Storm all the way!!! I was married in the DR on Nov 2009 and I chartered this catamaran the night before the wedding and all my guests (33) has a blast! It was one of the best things I did for my wedding week in the DR!!!! I recommend them 100% and ask for Isabelle. Tell her I sent you and I am sure you will get the royal treatment!!
    33 Booked!!

#42 dcairns

dcairns
    • 347 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:37 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by cogswellgray
      I'm not sure if there is a thread on this yet or not! I have just started planning my wedding, October 22, 2010 in Dreams Punta Cana.
      After our stay at the resort, our honeymoon is going to be traveling allllll around the island and I want to see everything I can!
      So, I have just contacted my wedding coordinator on what excursions they know of at the resort. I wanted to see what ones all the other Dominican brides have found!!
      I've heard the catamaran to Soana Island is awesome! What companys are you guys going through?

Happy planning!
      xo, Jennifer
      Been to Soana Island, its truly beautiful. Sand is lovely, the beach on the water's edge is rocky and full of shells so if you have swimming shoes you'll be fine. We really enjoyed it. The problem is it is a long ride to the pier (approximately 1 1/2) Eat something quick in the morning and pee if you can (the one stop is not the most appetizing place to go to the bathroom, trust me!)

#43 msredbird51

msredbird51
      • 65 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:16 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by lrfriendly
        Tropical Storm all the way!!! I was married in the DR on Nov 2009 and I chartered this catamaran the night before the wedding and all my guests (33) has a blast! It was one of the best things I did for my wedding week in the DR!!!! I recommend them 100% and ask for Isabelle. Tell her I sent you and I am sure you will get the royal treatment!!
        This is exactly the kind of thing we're looking to do. I Googled Tropical Storm a bit, but found a couple of different things. So I'm a bit confused.

Can you tell me more about what you did? Was it a full day excursion, half day, sunset cruise? Did it include dinner or drinks? How would I go about contacting them and booking the tour? Also, if you don't mind my asking could you tell me how much it cost to charter the boat?

Thanks!

#44 Bride Loving CJ

Bride Loving CJ
        • 278 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

I'm really glad I came aross this thread so I could see what other did because when I goggled this, not much came up.

My FH and I are thinking about Ziplining so I am going to try to narrow down the responses that are specific to that.

I'm so excited to find something good!

Happy planning to you all, my fellow DR brides!!

#45 jamie0820

jamie0820
          • 183 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:57 AM

Yeah I would love more info on excursions!

#46 smtc0245

smtc0245
            • 106 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:29 AM

We booked our hotel transfers through this company and I highly recommend them.  They do tours as well. http://www.conexiont...sportation.html T

Bride, Groom + 23 Guests Booked

#47 snowbeltchick

snowbeltchick
              • 192 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:49 AM

The wedding I went to in August booked an excursion with Tropical Storm for all the wedding guests during our stay.  Everyone had a blast!  It was so much fun!

#48 KCB2011

KCB2011
                • 308 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:18 AM

It took be a but if googling, but I think this is the website for the Tropical Storm company that people were talking about on this thread:  http://www.tropicalstormdr.com/ 

#49 KCB2011

KCB2011
                  • 308 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:30 AM

wow, that was some bad english, sorry!  It should say " It took me a bit of googling..."

Originally Posted by KCB2011 

It took be a but if googling, but I think this is the website for the Tropical Storm company that people were talking about on this thread:  http://www.tropicalstormdr.com/ 

#50 snowbeltchick

snowbeltchick
                    • 192 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:41 AM

Yes, that's the website!  Their mamajuana was so much better than the stuff at the resort :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users