Dominican Republic Excursions!

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#11 KJ Shea

KJ Shea
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:56 PM

Does anyone have the pricing for La Bacaraza? Also does anyone have pricing for a Catamaran tour? I would love to take our group out for a few hours. But it looks like we might have a large number of people.

Do these sails charge for the rental of the whole boat or per person?

#12 foxytv

• VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:59 PM

Saona Island excursion was absolutely fantastic! We are doing it again on our anniversary visit back to Punta Cana. A definite MUST DO!

#13 Nonnie

• 172 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:14 PM

I just got back a few weeks ago from my DW in Punta Cana and we did some excursions

segway tour of Playa Blanco: $60 each, 3 hrs. If you have ever wanted to try a segway, this is the way to do it. You get to see a pretty neat beach/celebrity hotspot and an ecological reserve. One word of caution though, when they tell you how NOT to use a segway/ get off a segway, listen. My Father in Law tried to step off the side and ended up in the Bavaro Hospital for 3 days with broken ribs. Missed his flight home, fortunatly has good travel insurance

Trip to Santo Domingo: Ok, I will make this short and say if you want to go to the capital arrange a trip for just you and your group with a knowledgeable driver through the hotel. There is lots to see and if you charter your own driver you won't have to waste time seeing things that don't intrest you (ie the very dirty boring financial district) and spend more time on this worth while (the old city and cave of the 3 eyes). I believe that there was a way to have an 8 passanger van for $400 usd. We used Hotel Bed's tour and it was terrible

Manati Park, $30 pp: a fun way to spend 3 hours, but any more then that and you will be bored it's a zoo with some great seal, dolphin, parrot and dancing horse shows. The Taino village they have though can only be described as politically incorrect.

#14 Eliana

• 676 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:32 PM

We will figure out extra excusions once we know how many people we have attending...

#15 yanettg

• 44 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:27 PM

WHen I went to visit in August my FI and I did the Outback Safari excursion. It was fun and interesting. You ride in the back of this netted truck and see different aspects of the island. You get to see "a real dominican home." THe people at this home show you how they make coconut oil. You then go to a location were they make coffee and cocoa powder, very cool. Also, you get to see how cigars are made. You get a nice buffet lunch and then you head off to a private beach to do some boogie boarding and of course drinks the entire time.
            The FI and I are planning on taking the entire group on this excursion!

#16 Eliana

• 676 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:28 PM

Hi there! The outback safari sounds great! do you have a website for the company and how much was per person?
              Thank you!

#17 Keiths_wife_2B

• 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:42 PM

When I went to the DR in Nov 09....my entire family took a catamaran trip.....it was absolutely AWESOME. We went snorkeling, shopping, and to a private swimming pool. We used Viva Colonia....trip was the BOMB!! "Valentino Baby" made the trip exciting....and the price was under $50PP

Viva Colonia Tropical - Home

#18 pujbride19

• 57 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:08 PM

The Outback Safari is $89 per person. It is a great trip for groups. Usually if you have more than 15 people you can have your own safari truck with your own guide!

#19 yanettg

• 44 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:01 PM

THe outback safari website is

Outback Safari Adventure Tour in Bavaro, Punta Cana and Puerto Plata - Dominican Republic

#20 TLC4Rock

• 473 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by bahiabride2010
                      I too am interested in this! I recieved an email from La Barcaza last night about their cruises...seems pretty resonable! We want to take all our guests a couple days before the wedding on a trip. A friend of mine has worked in DR and is helping me with some contacts for the catamaran trips...apparently the island is not to be missed! I'll provide the contacts once I get them! :)
                      Please share any details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users