Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I are planning on getting married in the bahamas next novemeber at the Riu. I dont really like what the resort sent to me about the photographer they use and have not see a portfolio. Has anyone used a great photogragher in the bahamas?

We have many photographers on the forum that travel all over the world to photograph weddings, they range in prices, so if your not opposed to bringing one with you, I'd start there. Best of luck to you

Yes, Tammy is absolutely right. There's a lot of talented wedding photographers that are members of BDW, so you shouldn't have any problem finding one whose work you love, but that also fits within your budget as well.

Hope your planning goes smoothly!

Best wishes,

Tod

Exactly. I am getting married in the Bahamas too and I am going to use a photographer from BDW. I am going to fly the photographer and assistant down. Believe it or not...this can be less expensive than using many of the photogs my resort recommends. Also...I feel comfortable using a vendor from this forum. Just know that in the Bahamas you have to get a license for the photog that is approx $300. There are threads on this in the Bahamas forum....good luck.

Happy searching! I know you'll find some great photographers on here. I just joined myself and so happy to see quality work available for brides. What more could you ask for? I also know there are photographers wanting to get into destination weddings that may offer discounts in order to begin building a portfolio. Just do some hunting.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The Bahamas is a beautiful location to get married. Many of us offer smaller packages to accomodate your photography needs. Make sure to ask a lot of questions and get exactly what you really want. A good photographer will be helpful and fun to work with,too! Happy planning and marriage is wonderful :)