looking for a photographer in Bahamas

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 loua4

loua4
  • 397 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

Hi everyone,
    My fiance and I are planning on getting married in the bahamas next novemeber at the Riu. I dont really like what the resort sent to me about the photographer they use and have not see a portfolio. Has anyone used a great photogragher in the bahamas?

#2 creoletexan

creoletexan
    • 220 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:25 PM

I have booked Bahamas Wedding Photographer | Mario Nixon Photography, Nassau, Paradise Island, Atlantis, Grand Bahama, Eleuthera, for my wedding in Nassau. You can also try Bahamas Wedding Photographer, Ben Jamieson - Nassau, Paradise Island, Atlantis, Exuma, Eleuthera and Abaco or Professional Photographer Tim Aylen

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:32 AM

We have many photographers on the forum that travel all over the world to photograph weddings, they range in prices, so if your not opposed to bringing one with you, I'd start there. Best of luck to you

#4 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
        • 4,853 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:21 PM

Yes, Tammy is absolutely right. There's a lot of talented wedding photographers that are members of BDW, so you shouldn't have any problem finding one whose work you love, but that also fits within your budget as well.

Hope your planning goes smoothly!

Best wishes,
          Tod

#5 classadiva

classadiva
          • 685 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:55 PM

Exactly. I am getting married in the Bahamas too and I am going to use a photographer from BDW. I am going to fly the photographer and assistant down. Believe it or not...this can be less expensive than using many of the photogs my resort recommends. Also...I feel comfortable using a vendor from this forum. Just know that in the Bahamas you have to get a license for the photog that is approx $300. There are threads on this in the Bahamas forum....good luck.

#6 leahstafford

leahstafford
            • 713 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:56 PM

Definitely look all over BDW. There are tons so I'd start with the vendor area :)

#7 jaredrey

jaredrey
              • 144 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:48 AM

Happy searching! I know you'll find some great photographers on here. I just joined myself and so happy to see quality work available for brides. What more could you ask for? I also know there are photographers wanting to get into destination weddings that may offer discounts in order to begin building a portfolio. Just do some hunting.

#8 tdotey

tdotey
                • 185 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:31 PM

I will be looking for a photographer in Nassau as well. Thanks for the suggestions!

July 13, 2012

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

95 booked inclding bride and groom!

#9 Dianna

Dianna
                  • 358 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum!
                    The Bahamas is a beautiful location to get married. Many of us offer smaller packages to accomodate your photography needs. Make sure to ask a lot of questions and get exactly what you really want. A good photographer will be helpful and fun to work with,too! Happy planning and marriage is wonderful :)

#10 ultimateme143

ultimateme143
                    • 70 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:31 PM

Dont use Kevin Williams - Quality Images. He took my money and I have not heard from him. $4000 for a copy of the pictures on a disc, but no books. I dont know what to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users