Photo

I need help with my flowers! Please!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Linzwedding

Linzwedding
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:36 PM

ok, so i have no idea about what kind of flowers i want. The girls are wearing cornflower blue, so i was thinking a blue and purple/lilac theme. Do you think any other colors should be in there? Also what kind of flowers. My coordinator keeps asking me what kind of flowers and all i know are the colors! help please! any pics would be great too! thanks so much!

#2 BethBride1

BethBride1
    • 106 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 1, 2010
    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:00 AM

I am also really stuck with this! I'm at a loss.

#3 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
    • 429 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:24 AM

Where are you getting married? Is it a tropical location?

When are you getting married?

We need more details so we can help you!!! lol

~ Erica

#4 JessicaANDJermaine

JessicaANDJermaine
      • 216 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:34 AM

Try using theknot.com or just google the colors you have and look at different pictures. I'm sure you will find different colors that go well with the blue and lilac. Save pictures of the ones you like then you can show your florist and they can let you know what flowers they are. This is what I had to do as I know nothing about flowers except that they are pretty...lol
        Hope this helps :)
        Jessica

#5 DRB

DRB
        • 647 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:24 AM

What about adding some green in there too? I think that green orchids would look amazing against the blue. What about white callas too?

#6 bearbunny

bearbunny
          • 183 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:25 AM

i love yellow with cornflower blue..purple is perfect as well..just have some green filler so it breaks it up...sounds lovely though!

#7 sweetiecat

sweetiecat
            • 186 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:11 AM

What about blue hydrangeas? Not sure if they would be available in your location or not, but they are generally blue/lilac together.

#8 nicole.gia

nicole.gia
              • 318 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:36 AM

Hi Beth,

I was having the biggest headache with my flowers as well. My colors are blue and green so you can imagine i was limited. if you would like me to send you my flower ideas with pictures that I am using for my wedding so you can get some ideas just PM me.

Cheers,
                Nicole

#9 DDBentley15

DDBentley15
                • 57 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:09 AM

My colors are blue and green also and I think I'm going to stick with a mix of white flowers and try to get some blue hydrangeas or something similar if they're available. I've seen some great bouquets on the knot so hopefully they can match something similar.

#10 RaychelRae

RaychelRae
                  • 446 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:44 AM

I'm going with blue and purple for my colors as well, but more darker shades than you. Hydranges and Lisianthus are good purples, as well as just some light purple roses. It sounds like you're wanting more lighter shades of color.

Here are the darker shades of blue and purple you can get, this is my bouquet filled with roses, delphiniums, hydrangeas, and lisianthus
                    Click the image to open in full size.

Here are a couple shades of blue delphinims I found. And I know you can get delphiniums in Mexico b/c I'm having them in my bouquet

These are hydranges, however I do know that hydrangeas don't stand up against the heat well at all and aren't usually recommended in Mexico.

I would just google some of these flower names and you will get all sorts of images and color shades. Also you can go to another wedding website and search photos of bouquets by color to give some great ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users