Unique Reception Ideas~

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 iceapple

iceapple
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:10 PM

Help~~~~

I have a very small wedding (10 people in total) 4 parents and 4 friends, typical reception style will not fit in my case. The parents don't drink much and don't dance at all!!!!

Really need some fun and unique idea for the dinner time! Please help, don't want the reception to be so quite and awkward~~

#2 NaM

NaM
    • 2,256 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:21 PM

Where are you getting married? Maybe a nice sunset cruise would be fun...where they serve you dinner and you can just enjoy the company and scenery??

#3 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
      • 600 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:35 PM

I had the same though NaM. I have a caterer that specializes in "intimate affairs". Maybe you could do a private dinner somewhere with some type of event afterwards. Or, just an excursion of some type.

#4 Positanobride10

Positanobride10
        • 205 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:14 PM

We are having a small wedding too, we are only having immediate family and four friends so including us is a total of 14 people. We're doing a long dinner reception in Italy after our wedding ceremony, pictures and a toast at the ceremony site. The dinner will be long and on a private balcony at the restaurant.

#5 Danyelle

Danyelle
          • 368 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:25 AM

Where will you be getting married? The dinner cruises in the caribbean are nice. A nice lobster dinner for not much money...

OR maybe set up a great private dinner at your resort and hire fire dancers, or salsa dancers to teach your group how do dance...

OR maybe if your group is adventurous do a snorkel cruise excursion that serves a meal on the catamaran in lieu of a sit-down dinner?

#6 vdaybride

vdaybride
            • 1,412 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:42 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by NaM
              Where are you getting married? Maybe a nice sunset cruise would be fun...where they serve you dinner and you can just enjoy the company and scenery??
              Good idea.. I was going to suggest the same thing.
              Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#7 hat0112

hat0112
              • 1,219 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:30 PM

We are having a small wedding (max 16 people) and we are having dinner at the resort and then going to a piano bar after. Maybe there is something like that at your location.
                Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#8 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
                • 417 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:41 AM

great ideas!

#9 Cynlee143

Cynlee143
                  • 174 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:43 PM

I think a sunset cruise would be so romantic! Plus who doesn't love sailing :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users