Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jamaicabride09

We leave for SGOR in 7 days!!!

Recommended Posts

Hey Jamaicabride09!

 

I have a question! My wedding is Dec 12th in Ochos Rios and my wedding coordinator called me this morning to talk about the wedding. She asked what services and upgrades did I want to add. I added what I wanted and then she asked about photography. I told her that I didn't want to buy a package before time until I could see the photographers work, she then told me that there has been new changes and you MUST buy a photography package on order for a photographer to be available. I have never heard of this and I had two friends that got married at Sandals Montego Bay and they didn't buy picture packages until after the wedding.

 

She is trying to get me to put down 1200 dollars today for the simply romantic package and I don't feel I must do that, but I do want a photographer there. How did you purchase your pics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been happy that alot of the reviews lately for Sandals-Beaches have been really good. Although.... I have just about had it with there changing of everything!!! If they think I'm putting 1200 dollars down before I see anything THEY ARE CRAZY!!! Now I understand prepaying for the reception,DJ and hair but that is it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got married at Beaches/Sandals. DO NOT let anyone pressure you into pre-paying for a photography package. The Photographer still needs to take a required amount of shots regardless. The packages are still available for purchase. They did not "change" any rules, the WC for the company is very pushy and I am positive she gets a bonus if she gets a photo package pre-paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie H View Post
I've been happy that alot of the reviews lately for Sandals-Beaches have been really good. Although.... I have just about had it with there changing of everything!!! If they think I'm putting 1200 dollars down before I see anything THEY ARE CRAZY!!! Now I understand prepaying for the reception,DJ and hair but that is it!!
I agree. Im done with the changes! Its making me nuts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle6114 View Post
I just got married at Beaches/Sandals. DO NOT let anyone pressure you into pre-paying for a photography package. The Photographer still needs to take a required amount of shots regardless. The packages are still available for purchase. They did not "change" any rules, the WC for the company is very pushy and I am positive she gets a bonus if she gets a photo package pre-paid.
OMG yes very pushy!!!!! Thank you so very much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbride317 View Post
YEA, ALICIA!!! I AM BEYOND EXCITED FOR YOU!!

Can't wait to hear how everything goes, although, I know how on-top of all of your planning you have been and I am sure it will be nothing short of spectacular!

(Only question I'd like to ask is if you can tell me is if the Roman Gazebo ceremony location near the Main Pool on the Manor side is really noisy or not -- that's where we want our ceremony in May but I don't want all sorts of nonsense-noise in the background, you know?)

Thanks a million, and again, I AM SO THRILLED THAT YOUR DW IS FINALLY HERE! Have a blast and soak in every minute it! wink.gif

We are back!!! The resort and staff are amazing!! We ended up picking the Roman Gazebo as our ceremony location on the Manor side. Yes, it is near the main pool. However, you do not hear any of the noise from the main pool area.

They set up white chifari chairs for us and a sound system. We did not hear any background noise on our DVD.

I plan on posting a full review no later than Tuesday.

Stay tuned and ask away....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RN2B View Post
Hey Jamaicabride09!

I have a question! My wedding is Dec 12th in Ochos Rios and my wedding coordinator called me this morning to talk about the wedding. She asked what services and upgrades did I want to add. I added what I wanted and then she asked about photography. I told her that I didn't want to buy a package before time until I could see the photographers work, she then told me that there has been new changes and you MUST buy a photography package on order for a photographer to be available. I have never heard of this and I had two friends that got married at Sandals Montego Bay and they didn't buy picture packages until after the wedding.

She is trying to get me to put down 1200 dollars today for the simply romantic package and I don't feel I must do that, but I do want a photographer there. How did you purchase your pics?
We had (12) 5x7 pictures included in our package and we also flew in our own photographer. I did not purchase any pictures outside of my 12 that were included. Pictures were extremely important to me and I do not like staged shots. However, the quality of their pictures are good.
After your wedding you meet with the resort photographer and they will review all of the pictures that they took. They will also try to make a deal with you to buy more pictures than the included ones in your package. For example we wrote down 49 pictures that we wanted to look ata second time before we decided on the 12 that were included and they were willing to sell us the negatives for all 49 shots for $200. I suggest only buying the minimum and then negotiating once you get to the resort.

Hope this helps!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CONGRATULATIONS, New MRS.!!!

 

Hoep everything was splendid and thank you for letting me know about the Roman Gazebo -- now I am even more psyched than I was before! CAN'T WAIT TO READ YOUR FULL REVIEW, LADY!!! wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×