Ceremony Guitar Player

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nimora

Nimora
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:38 AM

Hi, everyone

I'm looking for a guitar player for my wedding in Playa next June. My wedding coordinator told me that the price for a 45 min set is $350. Does anyone know a guitar player that charges less than this.

I would appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Nimora

#2 delauren

delauren
    • 84 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:11 PM

Do you know the company your wedding coordinator suggested? The guitar trio quotes I've been getting have been in the $1000 range for ceremony only - would love to know who has been suggested to you!

#3 RaychelRae

RaychelRae
      • 446 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:20 PM

I will check with my planner to see who they book because it is in my quote that if you want a guitarist it is $100 per musician for 45 min sets (for the ceremony), plus $150 for the sound system at the church.

#4 NaM

NaM
        • 2,256 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:22 PM

One of my FI groomsmen plays guitar and will be playing for us. The sound system is free with the ceremony.
          Is it a possibility for you to ask any of your guests? Since they are already there it could save some $$....

#5 bride2010

bride2010
          • 424 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:14 AM

I am also looking into this, so I would love any information/recommendations you guys may have. The mariachi band that was included in the package previously is no longer an option. I'm not too thrilled about the choices we have now for live ceremony music. I don't mind paying a little extra, but $350-$1000 is a little steep for someone to play during a 20-minute ceremony.
            http://i817.photobuc....ogotest1-3.jpg
            26 Booked + Bride & Groom
            "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

#6 RaychelRae

RaychelRae
            • 446 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:08 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by NaM
              One of my FI groomsmen plays guitar and will be playing for us. The sound system is free with the ceremony.
              Is it a possibility for you to ask any of your guests? Since they are already there it could save some $$....
              I went this route as well. My two bothers play guitar so instead of paying $100 per musician I am only paying $150 for the sound system at the church. I think it's a great money save to have someone you know play, as well as it adds a little personal touch to everything.

#7 ChelseaRose

ChelseaRose
              • 139 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:06 PM

I'm getting married in Akumal, and our wedding coordinator suggested Alfonzo De Malaga as a ceremony guitarist, and he is charging $275 for 45 min. For an extra charge, my DJ is providing the equipment for the beach ceremony. Try using the search function for more helpful threads too! Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users