Taifloral.com in negril...anyone used them for flowers b4

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 blumenthale

• 242 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:24 PM

Hi, for those who used Talflowers, did it seem like they had a good selection? I really want Star gazer lilies...Did you need to request your flowers ahead of time. The WC told me I can pick everything a few days before but I get nervous about last minute stuff.

#12 kerrij

• 300 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

I've heard that jan's flowers are a lot cheaper, i'm going to use them instead of Tai, who my resort uses.

#13 Marne

• 120 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

I met with Tai when I was down in Jamaica last month - and we have already explained exactly what we want. They DO have a great selection - but I was much more confident about them before I went down. The woman we met with wasn't very helpful and didn't offer many suggestions - even when my mom and I were stuck trying to figure out what we wanted. I have since had a conference call with the owner and am waiting for more pictures from her because we need the reassurance.

I would definitely press your WC to place the order now. There's no reason not to.

#14 miznunu2010

• 248 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:49 AM

I heard they are expensive but that thier flowers are beautiful and lots of brides on the forum liked them. I think I am going with Jans because the pricing is better!

#15 ajlbuaxo

• 175 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by kris
            Hey I havent used them yet but I have put my deposit down for my flowers from there for my Feb.3/09 wedding at ROR. I think I still have the brochure/price list if you want me to email them to you..I bought 4 bridesmaid bouquets and my bouquet for 450.00...I didn't think that was too bad.
            could you send me the price list, ill pm you my email address right now. THX!!!!

#16 msmoodyr

• 329 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

Hi, Ladies
              I went with Floral Fantasies in Negril .. they have a great website with pics

I have been emailing back and forth for months, and Rose has always been helpful with sending me pricing etc. I sent her a picture of what I wanted along with the list of what I needed (BM bouquets, etc.), and she replied back with pricing for the flowers I wanted and with an alternative flower at a lower price (I wanted alot of roses)

I ordered my bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, 5 bouts, one wrist coursage, and 2 chuppa arrangements with primarily roses and orchids for $700 including tax and shipping to the hotel. They are located in Negril.

I still haven't decided what Im going to do about my reception flowers, but told her I'll be adding that on in ~2weeks.

Grandegarden has great work, and they are very responsive. I submitted what I wanted, and the quote back was pricey. My schedule was busy, and I never got a chance to have the phone planning meeting with them, so they may have been able to work it lower.

#17 mswhatever

• 475 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:03 PM

Ok ladies here is my bill from Tai Flora. The total is ~$1200. I hope the information helps. If your resort provides flowers in your wedding package, request credit for those flowers. I think mine was about $400. I would not have got that credit if I had gone with a different Florist. I also had concerns with the possibility that if I choose a different florist they may not show up. At least with Tai Flora they will be there. They may be a little more expensive but I have peace of mind. Just my thoughts...

1Bride's Bouquet: yellow roses, green cymbidiums orange roses, mango calla lilies, few white calla lilies wrapped white ribbon and pearl pins
                1Upgrade difference buffered from package bouquet + boutonniere $87.00(hotel to be billed for package flowers)
                1Groom's boutonniere: Green cymbidium, greenery (discounted)$25.00
                2Bridesmaids bouquets: 3 Yellow Calla lilies at diff heights wrapped with orange ribbon $40.00
                1Groomsmen boutonniere: yellow rose, greenery$15.00
                1Female Groomsman: Yellow rose, greenery$15.00
                3Wrist corsages: orange mokara orchids, white ribbon, greenery $35.00
                2Father's boutonniere: yellow mokara orchid$15.00

Ceremony @ Gazebo

Gazebo draped in white tulle with 3 arch arrangements:
                Yellow, orange, green, white flowers ,
                1Upgrade difference for package arch pieces (hotel to be billed for package)$275.00
                2Fabric Draped standing Aisle markers: same floral scheme as arch$65.00
                1Package included small tropical table centerpiece

4Set of 2 cylinder at different heights with submerged mango calla lily, green $55.00
                dendrobium, yellow mokara with floating candles:
                scattered orange and yellow petals to scatter on table

#18 blumenthale

• 242 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

I gave Tai Flora a budget with a few specifics (like how many bridesmaids, groomsman etc.) and they gave me a quote back that was three times my budget! With a lot of items I did not request nor want. I really felt like they just ignored me and sent whatever package they wanted. It was insulting and I am not giving them my business. I can understand a few hundred over your budget but not two thousand over my budget. I really though a $1500 budget was more then resonable for 1 bridal bouquet, 4 bridesmaids bouquets, 4 bouttonires, 4 center pieces and a floral arch. Grandgarden came in $300 underbudget and did not suggest a bunch of unrequested items. I feel much more comfortable working with a company that respects the concept of a budget. Plus, Grandgarden actually responded to my original emails without having my resort wedding coordinator stepping in, unlike Tai Flora who did not respond to me until the WC asked them why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users