Photo

So excited! Have to share!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 JessicaANDJermaine

JessicaANDJermaine
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:24 AM

That is awesome. I'm sure you guys will have an amazing experience.
    Jessica

#12 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
    • 2,528 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:21 AM

I am so jealous!! I am DETERMINED to get there. Africa is such a culturally rich continent, and is such a gem!! Have a wonderful time!
      Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#13 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
      • 512 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

Thanks ladies!!! We are over the moon about this trip ... it's going to be fantastic!!

But, now were stuck with which immunization shots to get etc. We just visited the travel clinic this morning and it's all SO overwhelming. We got the prescription for the anti-malaria pills and some super-strong Immodium stuff ... but now we have to decide on the other vaccines we want ...

It's all so "what if" I hate it ... I mean, we're there for 8 days ... 8 DAYS!!! And they recommend getting about 11 shots ... like, really?? I'm thinking we're leaning towards just the Yellow Fever and tetanus shots ... the others ... well ... I just don't know. It's going to end up costing us close to $1,000 for both of us to get them ... and really, we don't have the extra for it, especially since hubby is going to drop close to $4,000 on new camera equipment this week ...

#14 kris

kris
        • 506 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:10 PM

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo JEALOUS! That is my dream to go there ever since I was little...I hope you have an amazing trip!

#15 xoHeavenSentxo

xoHeavenSentxo
          • 172 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:49 PM

Thats AWESOME!!! One day I willl be fortunate to have an experience like that!!

#16 bholthof

bholthof
            • Banned
            • 323 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:26 PM

I suggest getting the Yellow Fever and tetnus - and be really careful which malaria pill you are on - some of them have WICKED side effects!!

But I wouldn't worry about the others - and I even stopped taking the malaria about half way through my trip. You're only there 8 days - unless you really screw up somehow when you are there, you'll be fine.
              21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#17 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
              • 734 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

WOW!! I'm so jealous!! Africa is definitely on my list of places I would love to visit. I would love nothing more than doing a safari excursion. I hope you have a great time and I can't wait to see the pictures.
                http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#18 KarenM

KarenM
                • 1,920 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:18 PM

Hey Miranda, I think I would also get HepA & typhoid (transmission via food & water)

Here's the CDC recommendations in case you're interested (recommends using Atovaquone/proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine for your anti-malarial since chloroquine isn't effective there)
                  Health Information for Kenya | CDC Travelers' Health

#19 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
                  • 512 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:33 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KarenM
                    Hey Miranda, I think I would also get HepA & typhoid (transmission via food & water)

Here's the CDC recommendations in case you're interested (recommends using Atovaquone/proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine for your anti-malarial since chloroquine isn't effective there)
                    Health Information for Kenya | CDC Travelers' Health
                    Hey Karen - yeah I think we've decided to get Yellow Fever, Rabies/Tetanus, Polio, Hep A/B ...

They are all just recommended and since we're only there for 8 days and in a controlled setting on a press trip we're a little less worried.

We got an anti-malaria prescription so we'll definitely be taking that. And we got some extra-strength bug spray stuff too.

It was just such short notice (only found out this Monday) that we don't really have a lot of time to prep and stuff with regards to all this immunization stuff ... :-p Kinda stressful! But amazing all at once!!

#20 KarenM

KarenM
                    • 1,920 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:16 PM

Sounds like a good plan! I can only imagine the rush you guys are feeling to get everything done & how excited you must be! 2 weeks is gonna zoom by!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users