Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#731 lmarie

lmarie
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:40 AM

Hi Celeste. I know with the free wedding package, you have to pay $25 a person after you reach 16 people, The other packages its a bit more, like $35 a person once you reach 20 people. It goes up a little bit , the more expensive your wedding package is.

Originally Posted by Celeste 

I am planning to walk down the aisle to "No one" by Alicia Keyes. I think it is such a perfect song!

I haven't been on this website forever and I just got back into the wedding planning after a big move and I realized I made a HUGE oops! When I was looking over the brochure I had from Beverly I saw that all of the packages required a seven night stay and I purposely had mine shortened to 5 so that I wouldnt be on my honeymoon with my entire extended family! I even had to pay extra to do that because of how the package deals work! I AM FREAKING OUT! I sent an email to my TA about options, but I dont know what we will be able to do since we've already booked and deposited. Has anybody else had a wedding on a shorter stay?!?

If she comes up with nothing I have no idea what we will do! I guess I will just wait until a LOT a LOT of people have booked for my wedding and be like "See? I brought you a bunch of business!" But I dont see that going well!

I am also extremely worried about the sheer size of my group! At first we were worried only like 10 people would come, but Ive already have 11+ people invite themselves! I would not be surprised in the least if my group is 100- 150 people! EEP! has anybody else had a big wedding at GBP or know about the costs for larger parties? Fingers crossed its just early madness, but we both have giant families.

#732 ames9782

ames9782
    • 166 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:39 AM

alirhgt my info filled brides, i have an important question and need as much feedback as possible.  for the father daughter dance i need some help finding a particular kind of song.  anyone who knows the song by paul brandt i think it is about being "half the man he didnt' have to be" i need to find a song like that but daughter related.  story is the man i call my dad (really my stepdad) met my mom got married and adopted me when i was 4, and i have a sister (their daughter together) which all those other father daughter songs are more appropriate for.  don't get me wrong we have a great relationship and some of those songs are alright, but just not what i'm looking for i think.   so im having a really hard time trying to find a song.  so if any of you can help out i would be so greatful!!

#733 akua420

akua420
      • 301 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:56 AM

I'm going to walk down the Aisle to Kissing You by Des'ree (its from the romeo and juliet soundtrack and I LOVE it)

I still need to pick out a song for us to walk down married to though, still undecided! 

Originally Posted by lmarie 

Myself and my finacee have not told anyone else this yet, we want to keep it a secret to see everyones faces when it plays but.. The only song I have chosen so far is "I need a girl" by P Diddy! Im going to walk down the aisle to it. I'm not really a traditional bride, my ceremony isnt going to be traditional at all. And the song is perfect for us.

I chose it for the lyrics" I really need a wife at home"...."I need a girl to make my wife" and "You the girl I been lookin for my whole life.
        God bless me, I'm glad I got the insight, It's cuz of you girl, now I understand life"

I cant wait to see peoples reaction when it plays. I think its going to be sweet and hilarious at the same time.

What about you?

What songs have you ladies chosen for walking down the aisle and all that good stuff?

Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

#734 AshleyL

AshleyL
        • 263 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:59 AM

I basically gave up on Jan's flowers. They sent me a quote about 3 weeks after I requested it. then I asked to see photos of bridal bouquet options and they sent me one photo of a bouquet I didn't like. I don't have the time to chase them down for info so I'm just going to use the resort flower supplier and deal with Beverly when I get there. We leave in less than 2 weeks!! So excited!
          Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

#735 akua420

akua420
          • 301 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Celeste 

@ Espejo2be Im from Edmonton too!!!!

I'm from Edmonton too! 

Originally Posted by ames9782 

alirhgt my info filled brides, i have an important question and need as much feedback as possible.  for the father daughter dance i need some help finding a particular kind of song.  anyone who knows the song by paul brandt i think it is about being "half the man he didnt' have to be" i need to find a song like that but daughter related.  story is the man i call my dad (really my stepdad) met my mom got married and adopted me when i was 4, and i have a sister (their daughter together) which all those other father daughter songs are more appropriate for.  don't get me wrong we have a great relationship and some of those songs are alright, but just not what i'm looking for i think.   so im having a really hard time trying to find a song.  so if any of you can help out i would be so greatful!!

Brad Paisley - He didn't have to be ... Heres the lyrics (sorry its such a long post, haha,  I googled the lyrics)

"When a single mom goes out on a date with somebody new
            It always winds up feeling more like a job interview
            My momma used to wonder if she'd ever meet someone
            Who wouldn't find out about me and then turn around and run

I met the man I call my dad when I was five years old
            He took my mom out to a movie and for once I got to go
            A few months later I remember lying there in bed
            I overheard him pop the question and prayed that she'd say yes

And then all of a sudden
            Oh, it seemed so strange to me
            How we went from something's missing
            To a family
            Lookin' back all I can say
            About all the things he did for me
            Is I hope I'm at least half the dad
            That he didn't have to be

I met the girl that's now my wife about three years ago
            We had the perfect marriage but we wanted somethin' more
            Now here I stand surrounded by our family and friends
            Crowded 'round the nursery window as they bring the baby in

And now all of a sudden
            It seemed so strange to me
            How we've gone from something's missing
            To a family
            Lookin' through the glass I think about the man
            That's standin' next to me
            And I hope I'm at least half the dad

Lookin' back all I can say
            About all the things he did for me
            Is I hope I'm at least half the dad

Yeah, I hope I'm at least half the dad
            Because he didn't have to be
            You know he didn't have to be "

#736 akua420

akua420
            • 301 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:07 AM

K I just stupidly realized you wanted a song like that but from a girls point of view. And I got nothing, sorry!

#737 AshleyL

AshleyL
              • 263 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

I'm going to walk down the aisle to the steel drum band (haven't selected the song yet). I don't want anything sappy as I will have a hard enough time holding it together. My Dad passed away a couple years ago, and so my Mom will be walking me down the ailse. I've decided to attach a charm with a photo of my Dad and the inscription "always in my heart" to my bouquet. And just writing this has me tearing up so definitely no sappy music lol. I want something upbeat but still romantic.
                Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

#738 akua420

akua420
                • 301 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by AshleyL 

I'm going to walk down the aisle to the steel drum band (haven't selected the song yet). I don't want anything sappy as I will have a hard enough time holding it together. My Dad passed away a couple years ago, and so my Mom will be walking me down the ailse. I've decided to attach a charm with a photo of my Dad and the inscription "always in my heart" to my bouquet. And just writing this has me tearing up so definitely no sappy music lol. I want something upbeat but still romantic.

Yeah that made me tear up, that is such a cute idea having his picture in the bouquet.  I'm seriously lucky to have both my parents, so I'm getting them both to walk me down the aisle.  I will be crying I know it, but thats why I invested in waterproof mascara, eye liner and a waterproof spray to keep the make-up on, hahaha. 

#739 katelynn

katelynn
                  • 414 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:38 AM

What about one of these songs:

Chrisette Michelle - My Joy

Tim McGraw - my little girl

Faith Hill - butterfly kisses

Rascal Flatts - my wish * love this song - FI and MIL are dancing to this song

Heartland - I loved her first

Edwin McCain - Walk with you

Brad Paisley- All because two people fell in love

Phil Vassar - She's on her way

I am going to dance with my dad to My Daughter" by Loudin Wainwright III ....it fits our relationship perfectly. I am still undecided on back down the isle, I wanted One love but I think we might go with Jason Mraz Im yours.

Originally Posted by akua420 

K I just stupidly realized you wanted a song like that but from a girls point of view. And I got nothing, sorry!

Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#740 tris

tris
                    • 609 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:08 AM

FI and I are renting the steel drum band as well which makes things kind of tricky for song choices! I asked Beverly for a list of songs they play or a sample and she never got back to me... well wait, she said that another couple had the CD. ??? Either way... any of you ladies using the steel drum bands and have an idea about song choices? I'd like to have SOME idea of the choices I have.

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

Back to Destination Weddings in Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users