Jump to content

Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#531 soontobemrsdow

soontobemrsdow
  • Jr. Member
  • 250 posts

    Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

    Well our travel agent is from Itravel so to check the prices we would just go onto their website and it lists all the differnet tour operators and their prices listed from highest to lowest so when we checked we saw that Air Canada had an ever better price then what Air Transat had, even though it was down $150 from what we were quoted.

     

    I never had to personally call Air Transat myself as my travel agent did it all for us, so I have no idea who you would need to contact.

     

    I'm trying to think of how I could help you out with this though. I saw your wedding isn't until May. We're leaving January and the price dropped around Thanksgiving sometime and by the time it was all sorted out it was very near to, if not the start of November. So you're still more than 2/3 months out. We locked in our prices in May and they never budged once until Late September/ Early October and it was nothing significant, like $50pp.

     

    I know it's so hard and you want a better price now because that's what you had been told the whole time, but I really think your price will drop. I don't see it happening until at least the New Year though because no one's really thinking about vacation for that time of year right now with the holidays. Once Feb/March comes around people will start thinking about getting away and I think you'll start to see the deals then

     

    As for you getting every 21st person free, I would defiantly try to contact someone about that one. How can they offer someone else a different number!!. And it's even more bizzare because they can't say anything like oh it's the destination location because we are both going to the same resort! I would try and get them to lower that one for you!

     

    The only reason I can think mine would be lower is that since I booked so early but it was for 2011 the packages weren't out for the year yet so maybe they assumed that the 16th person free would remain the same but then it did in fact change but since I already had my contract with them they had to honour it for me.

     

    I hoped this helped and if you have any other questions or anything don't hesitate to ask!

     

    Originally Posted by katelynn 

    So I contacted my TA and she said the price has only dropped $81. How did you check Air Canada etc to see what they were offering. When did you contact transat too and say that you wanted yours $50 off extra. Do you have the contact you used?

     

     

    Its funny too as we have every 21 person free and not 16th and we are both flying transat

     

    Any help would be awesome

     

    Thanks!!!

     



    #532 AshleyL

    AshleyL
    • Jr. Member
    • 263 posts

      Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

      Hi, thought I would mention - when our TA quoted us prices it was every 16th person free if everyone paid in full by the end of October. If everyone paid in full by the end of November, it was every 21st person free. So I dont' think it's when you book I think it has to do when your guests pay by. Ask your TA, maybe you have an earlier date you can encourage your guests to pay by so that you get the better deal?

       


      Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

      #533 keriltz

      keriltz
      • Newbie
      • 37 posts

        Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:26 PM


        My guests only had to put down a $300 deposit and don't have to pay the remaining balance until 45 days prior to depature and we are getting every 11th person free.
         

        Originally Posted by AshleyL 

        Hi, thought I would mention - when our TA quoted us prices it was every 16th person free if everyone paid in full by the end of October. If everyone paid in full by the end of November, it was every 21st person free. So I dont' think it's when you book I think it has to do when your guests pay by. Ask your TA, maybe you have an earlier date you can encourage your guests to pay by so that you get the better deal?

         





        #534 katelynn

        katelynn
        • Jr. Member
        • 414 posts

          Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:50 AM

          Are we all flying with transat as there is anywhere from 11, 16 and 21st person free. We are leaving in May and we have to pay 60 days prior to departure so March 1st, and we only had to put $200 to reserve each spot. We booked in April 2010....this seems so weird! lol

           

          Originally Posted by keriltz 


          My guests only had to put down a $300 deposit and don't have to pay the remaining balance until 45 days prior to depature and we are getting every 11th person free.
           

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by AshleyL 

          Hi, thought I would mention - when our TA quoted us prices it was every 16th person free if everyone paid in full by the end of October. If everyone paid in full by the end of November, it was every 21st person free. So I dont' think it's when you book I think it has to do when your guests pay by. Ask your TA, maybe you have an earlier date you can encourage your guests to pay by so that you get the better deal?

           


           



          Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

          #535 keriltz

          keriltz
          • Newbie
          • 37 posts

            Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:14 AM


             

            No we booked with Air Canada. We are also flying in May, when will you be there Katelynn we might be there at the same time!  We get there May 24th and come home June 3rd.  I just checked with my TA a few days ago to check with pricing and our flight is sold out so some friends who were waiting have lost there chance to go unless they fly down another day which kind of sucks.  Also there are no direct flights from Calgary to Montego Bay so we have to do a lay over in Toronto, since that flight is sold out the only ones available are from Calgary to Vancouver - Vancouver to Toronto - Toronto to Monetgo Bay, that would be awful!!


             

            Originally Posted by katelynn 

            Are we all flying with transat as there is anywhere from 11, 16 and 21st person free. We are leaving in May and we have to pay 60 days prior to departure so March 1st, and we only had to put $200 to reserve each spot. We booked in April 2010....this seems so weird! lol

             

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by keriltz 


            My guests only had to put down a $300 deposit and don't have to pay the remaining balance until 45 days prior to depature and we are getting every 11th person free.
             

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by AshleyL 

            Hi, thought I would mention - when our TA quoted us prices it was every 16th person free if everyone paid in full by the end of October. If everyone paid in full by the end of November, it was every 21st person free. So I dont' think it's when you book I think it has to do when your guests pay by. Ask your TA, maybe you have an earlier date you can encourage your guests to pay by so that you get the better deal?

             


             

             




            #536 StephAli

            StephAli
            • Newbie
            • 120 posts

              Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:58 PM

              Hey Ashley,

               

              My guest LOVED the steel drum band. One of our friends even comment on it the other day that it was definitely worth whatever extra money it cost. I just loved listening to them as we cut the cake and took pictures. A bunch of people were dancing around on the beach as we were doing family pix.

              I think I used Tia flowers. lol....I would assume so. I wasnt going to get real flowers b/c I really wanted something with blue and hadnt seen anything like that on the website. But when we met with Beverly she showed me the options and said that they could spray the flowers so I could have blue. I wasnt interested in spending additional money on flowers b/c they die so quick anyways. My girls all had fake flowers that I made for them. 

               

              Hope that helps!!

               

              Steph



              #537 tris

              tris
              • Member
              • 609 posts

                Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:43 AM

                Steph - We are booking the steel drum band as well (FI demands it, haha). Did they have a set list of songs they played or did you have choices? Did they play during the ceremony (as you walked down the ailse, etc) or just before/after

                 


                Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

                #538 soontobemrsdow

                soontobemrsdow
                • Jr. Member
                • 250 posts

                  Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

                  has anyone heard from beverly recently? My wedding is in a month and I've been trying to get a hold of her since mid Novemeber with no reply! I sifted through the previous posts looking for her assitants email but can't find it anywhere so if anyone knows it off hand and could let me know that'd be great! Thanks!



                  #539 Espejo2be

                  Espejo2be
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 170 posts

                    Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:23 PM

                    assistantweddingplannerbpjam@bahia-principe.com

                     

                    She's very quick with her responses, good luck!!



                    #540 StephAli

                    StephAli
                    • Newbie
                    • 120 posts

                      Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

                      Tris,

                       

                      They just played. I would assume they would play whatever you asked, but to be honest after the ceremony I was so busy with pictures that I didnt really notice what they were playing! I had my husband's (tehe...still funny to say...) uncle there playing the bagpipes, but I'm sure otherwise they would have played while I marched in...they were already there and set up. I don't know if they played while everyone was waiting for the bridal party or not...I know after the ceremony they did a little playing with the bagpiper. that was fun!




                      Back to Destination Weddings in Jamaica


                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users