Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5568 replies to this topic

#5381 tram13

• 80 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by janicemarie29 

Has anyone gotten married on the beach?

If you read through the forum, there are a few brides who have gotten married on the sandbars adjacent to the gazebo.  Apparently, it's not fine, soft sand - it's a bit rockier.  I haven't heard of anyone getting married on the actual beach...but a recent bride has said that even their main beach isn't the best.  

#5382 tram13

• 80 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

P.S.  If you look through some of the photos on this forum, you can see what the sandbar looks like. ;)

#5383 dutchess

• 120 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

I really hate that everyone get different answers and prices with this place. I booked rashel edwards for makeup and I double checked the day pass fee would be waved. They also told me if I have over 40 I had to book a private venue. I'm at 35 now. Bigger then inwas expecting so i figured i should rent the gazebo. And sooo far I have booked the gazebo for the reception dance so we could do the Chinese lanterns while there. Now I asked about a table being set up to bring my own booze down and they said no problem but there would be a 15 corking fee. Not a big deal but I will try to negotiate that more when I get there. The white chair covers I was told were free but I bought my own satin hot pink chair saches which cost 75 cents each! Instead of the 2.50 they charge for the rental of them.

#5384 janicemarie29

• 24 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 11, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica
        • LocationRunaway Bay, Jamaica

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

How much is it to rent the gazebo after?

#5385 Dena

• 28 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:39 AM

We paid $250 for the gazebo but that didn't include a dj.  They will tell you it is $500 for the gazebo with dj.  Just tell them that you don't want the dj and that you have seen that other brides have gotten it for $250 without the dj.

#5386 Mahones

• Site Supporter
          • 4 posts
          • Wedding Date:September 26, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe, Jamaica
          • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

Thank you so much for the review and glad you had such an amazing wedding!

#5387 echowell

• 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

Hello I am getting married on aug 16 at and have a couple questions. If a Canadian bride who recently got married at GBP could answer this for me that would great. Is a short form copy of birth certificate acceptable? The 1700 fee for pisces, is that additional to wedding pkg fee? Does this include dancing, open bar after dinner? So much info on this thread...:) thank you!!

#5388 AlLo

• 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hello, does anyone know how far in advance do you need to fill out the paperwork that the wedding coordinator gives you? It seems like most of it gets filled out when you are there (ie. flowers etc). Thanks, Lauren :)

#5389 tram13

• 80 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

Hey AlLo, They usually want the paper work and all the notarized documents couriered to them 3 months before the wedding date. I am sure you can change a lot of the stuff later on, but they still eat everything filled out to the best of your ability and sent to them.

#5390 tram13

• 80 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

*need, not eat. Sorry for the typo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users