Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#5271 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tram13 

Yep! That sounds about right.  I am going to be renting the Piscis for a private reception. The dinner is roughly two hours, where apparently they only serve beer and wine...and it comes with 2 hours of the DJ afterwards for dancing, etc.  If one wants an open bar for the two hours after dinner, I believe they quoted me something like $23 per person for the 2 hours.  I kinda think charging on a per person basis is ridiculous, if all we are paying for is the bartender's time.  It should just be a straight rate.  That's just my rant and opinion though!

I agree that the $23 per person is ridiculous especially when it is an all-inclusive resort and I would agree that a 'set up' fee and to pay for the bartenders time would be more fair.

I have rented the gazebo after dinner and I'm going to tip some staff to keep running drinks out for us.  That's the plan anyhow.  Even if I paid someone $100 for the night to do this it would be beneficial.  Plus, I'll have them set up some rum punch and beer for us which I have heard has been no charge for some of the other wedding parties.

tram13 - we'll overlap on our trips.  I get in on the 7th and leave on the 14th.

#5272 tram13

tram13
    • 80 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by CdnBrideJoanne 

Quote:
      Originally Posted by tram13 

Yep! That sounds about right.  I am going to be renting the Piscis for a private reception. The dinner is roughly two hours, where apparently they only serve beer and wine...and it comes with 2 hours of the DJ afterwards for dancing, etc.  If one wants an open bar for the two hours after dinner, I believe they quoted me something like $23 per person for the 2 hours.  I kinda think charging on a per person basis is ridiculous, if all we are paying for is the bartender's time.  It should just be a straight rate.  That's just my rant and opinion though!

I agree that the $23 per person is ridiculous especially when it is an all-inclusive resort and I would agree that a 'set up' fee and to pay for the bartenders time would be more fair.

I have rented the gazebo after dinner and I'm going to tip some staff to keep running drinks out for us.  That's the plan anyhow.  Even if I paid someone $100 for the night to do this it would be beneficial.  Plus, I'll have them set up some rum punch and beer for us which I have heard has been no charge for some of the other wedding parties.

tram13 - we'll overlap on our trips.  I get in on the 7th and leave on the 14th.

Joanne - Awesome!  I didn't know if anyone was going to be there the same time as me.  I will be there from the 3rd to the 13th!

And, an FYI for anyone considering renting the Piscis and in a dilemma about drinks.  I have read here on this forum from past brides, that you can request to have the wine, beer, soda, and juice that is served at dinner to continue to be served for the dance - and that it's free of charge.  I still have to e-mail Vinnette and request this.  Apparently the $23 per person for 2 hour fee comes with hard alcohol and mixing.  I don't know if they have changed that rule completely, but I figure it's worth a try, as I am sure my guests will be happy with beer and wine.  I am also going to see if I can request some rum punch, as I have heard that many other brides have gotten this in the past free of charge, too! 

#5273 Mahones

Mahones
      • Site Supporter
      • 4 posts
      • Wedding Date:September 26, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe, Jamaica
      • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

Hi ladies!

I just wanted to introduce myself. My fiance and I are getting married in Jamaica Nov 2014 and are deciding on a resort and the Gran Bahia is on the top of our list. I was in Jamaica in the summer and checked out a bunch of the resorts but fell in love with the gazebo and had the best site tour with Vinette. I may be able to answer some questions about package pricing, add ons, etc because she gave me a lot of the info when I was down there.

#5274 BARB2014

BARB2014
      • 39 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by HopeToBe 

Hi Barb

Wondering if you could pls post or email photos of the Dolce (Deanna1017@hotmail.com). Even tho it's indoors can you still see the water / sunset? Also, how small of a section is it inside for weddings? Do you think its at least big enough to seat 60 ppl? What about dancing afterward?

Thanks in advance for any more insight you can share + photos!

Here is some info i got from GBPJ.  Hope it helps.  I am trying to figure out how to send the pics as your email address did not work.

THE RESTAURANTS BELOW ARE ONLY USED FOR SEMI-PRIVATE DINNER RECEPTION. 
        PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL WEDDING PACKAGES COMES WITH A SEMI-PRIVATE DINNER RECEPTION AND ACCOMMODATES FROM 2-50 PERSONS ONLY. ONCE YOUR WEDDING GUEST LIST EXCEEDS THAT AMOUNT, YOU WILL NOW BE REQUIRED TO PAY THE ADDITIONAL FEE TO CLOSE OUT A RESTAURANT. 

THESE RESTAURANT BELOW ARE USED FOR PRIVATE WEDDING RECEPTION DINNER. THE COST FOR THE PISCIS SNACK BAR IS USD 1700.00 AND THE COST FOR THE DOLCE VITA RESTAURANT & THE PISCASO RESTAURANT IS USD 2500.00. PLEASE NOTE THAT IN ORDER FOR YOU TO CLOSE OUT A RESTAURANT, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE A MINIMUM OF 45 PERSONS OR MORE. 

Donnalee  White  
        Assistant  Wedding Planner
        Gran Bah­a Principe Jamaica
        Email: assistantweddingplannerbpjam@bahia-principe.com 
        Tel: (876) 973 -7000 · Fax: (876) 670-8503 Ext: 55028
        P.o Box 106, Pear Tree Bottom,Runaway Bay St.Ann. Jamaica W.I

#5275 BARB2014

BARB2014
        • 39 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by BARB2014 

Here is some info i got from GBPJ.  Hope it helps.  I am trying to figure out how to send the pics as your email address did not work.

THE RESTAURANTS BELOW ARE ONLY USED FOR SEMI-PRIVATE DINNER RECEPTION. 
          PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL WEDDING PACKAGES COMES WITH A SEMI-PRIVATE DINNER RECEPTION AND ACCOMMODATES FROM 2-50 PERSONS ONLY. ONCE YOUR WEDDING GUEST LIST EXCEEDS THAT AMOUNT, YOU WILL NOW BE REQUIRED TO PAY THE ADDITIONAL FEE TO CLOSE OUT A RESTAURANT. 

THESE RESTAURANT BELOW ARE USED FOR PRIVATE WEDDING RECEPTION DINNER. THE COST FOR THE PISCIS SNACK BAR IS USD 1700.00 AND THE COST FOR THE DOLCE VITA RESTAURANT & THE PISCASO RESTAURANT IS USD 2500.00. PLEASE NOTE THAT IN ORDER FOR YOU TO CLOSE OUT A RESTAURANT, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE A MINIMUM OF 45 PERSONS OR MORE. 

Donnalee  White  
          Assistant  Wedding Planner
          Gran Bah­a Principe Jamaica
          Email: assistantweddingplannerbpjam@bahia-principe.com 
          Tel: (876) 973 -7000 · Fax: (876) 670-8503 Ext: 55028
          P.o Box 106, Pear Tree Bottom,Runaway Bay St.Ann. Jamaica W.I

Finally found the pics- hope this helps anyone planning their wedding.

dolce vita

dolce vita

steakhouse

picsis

dolce vita

picasso

picasso

piscis

#5276 soontobeawalsh

soontobeawalsh
          • 197 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 9, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

BARB2014  thank you so much for sharing the pictures of all the reception venues!  do you know if we can request rectangle or round tables??  I see both in the Dolce Vita pics.

#5277 MelB2012

MelB2012
          • 182 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by soontobeawalsh 

BARB2014  thank you so much for sharing the pictures of all the reception venues!  do you know if we can request rectangle or round tables??  I see both in the Dolce Vita pics.

I believe we have the choice between round or rectangle tables. They seat 8-10 people each. I think I like the round best.

#5278 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
            • 145 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

BARB2014 - Thanks so much for posting those pics.  Makes me happy I changed my reservation from the steakhouse to the Dolce Vita!

#5279 erbo27

erbo27
              • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

BARB2014 - thank you so much for posting those pictures of the restaurants at the resort! Just beautiful 😃 My fianc© and I are getting married here in March of 2014, so those pictures helped as far as some of our planning goes. Any other brides on here getting married in late March? Our dinner is also at Dolce Vita. I have a friend who went to a wedding here a few years back, and I was told that the Dolce Vita room does not have A/C...is this true?? Also, does anyone know what the 'wedding requirement sheet' is? It is the only sheet that is apparently missing from our file that the resort needs. Thanks!!

#5280 erbo27

erbo27
                • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and am very happy I came across it almost a year ago when I started planning my wedding. Thanks BARB2014 for posting the pictures of the reception dinner areas. We chose the Dolce Vita! Username: erbo27 Name: Erin & Will From: Calgary, AB Location: Grand Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay, Jamaica Date: March 27, 2014 Photographer: Misha Earle Makeup: Rashel Edwards Congrats everyone!!! 😀 Anyone else on here getting married at this resort in late March of 2014?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users