Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#5091 leannesmith

leannesmith
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

if you don't mind me asking...why are you getting married first in Canada?  I have been hearing a lot of people saying they get married home first.  maybe I am missing something...lol

We are in Ontario....flying there on Sept 26.  cant wait.

#5092 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
    • 145 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

Just got the call my dress is in!!!!  I go try it on tomorrow.  I'm scared it's going to be HUGE.  They had to order me a size 16 so it would fit my apparently larger-than-normal boobs.

#5093 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
      • 145 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

Just got the call my dress is in!!!!  I go try it on tomorrow.  I'm scared it's going to be HUGE.  They had to order me a size 16 so it would fit my apparently larger-than-normal boobs.

#5094 soontobeawalsh

soontobeawalsh
        • 197 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 9, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by CdnBrideJoanne 

YAY This is so exciting!  I have to wait until December/January-ish for my dress to come in!!  Im sure your dress will be amazing and size is no big deal they will alter it to fit you perfectly! 

#5095 MelB2012

MelB2012
        • 182 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by soontobeawalsh 

YAY This is so exciting!  I have to wait until December/January-ish for my dress to come in!!  Im sure your dress will be amazing and size is no big deal they will alter it to fit you perfectly! 

I've tried my dress on and it fits great. I just need to get it hemmed a bit, and maybe shorten the train some. I go to get that done on Aug 24th. So excited. I lov emy dress. No dress-remorse at ALL!

#5096 dutchess

dutchess
          • 120 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

LOL congrats. Better larger then normal then non existent like mine! Lol

#5097 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
            • 145 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

I was so worried driving to the shop to try on my dress that I was going to hate it and it would look terrible on me and then I would have to start shopping all over again.  I have no dress regret!  I still love it and it feels like it was made for me.  I am a bit sad that the size 16 fit me and it didn't seem huge.  :(  I know this has a lot to do with the corset top.

I'll have to have it altered a bit but mostly in length.  I won't do the alterations until November.  I'm going to ask for the leftover fabric back and I'm going to try and make a diy hair flower that I saw on this site.

#5098 dutchess

dutchess
              • 120 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

That's a good idea cndbride. When I my dress I was in love, when I got it I kinda felt like maybe there's something else better. I wanted to make crazy changes but now I'm in love again! But I'm still getting them to do a corset in mine and a sweetheart neckline. I think I just got a bit of cold feet. Lol

#5099 Adele Duffy

Adele Duffy
                • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

Hi,

Can you let me know what past brides or future brides plan on wearing shoes wise? I have no idea if heels will be ok walking down the wooden walkway to the gazebo.

Thanks

A

#5100 Stay cee1

Stay cee1
                  • 62 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

CdnbrideJoanne - I know the feeling!  I had the same concerns going in to do my final fitting when my dress arrived.  I arrived, totally expecting it to be a bummer...and I ended up falling in love with my dress again. Don't worry about the dress number they told me...bridal gowns fit small...as well, regardless of the size, you want it to fit all your assets perfectly..!!  No matter what anyone says, everyone goes to a wedding ceremony to see the bride and her dress..!!!  LOL. 

To all the other future brides..I can tell you guys without a doubt that you will have a blast! The one thing I found out when I arrived is alot of the smaller details were not necessary...however, I was happy that I added personal touches like my wedding program fans, favors, treat bags (I ordered Jamaican treats from my now sister-in-law that lives on the island and brought the bags and bows and tags with me...spent only a couple hours before prepping them).  The planners took everything and had it all set up perfectly for me.

Another tip I can offer is to set up Dropbox in order to get all the pics everyone took...it's the easiest photo sharing site...it's better than a whole bunch of your wedding pix showing up on facebook which we were totally against.

Happy planning for the Future Brides.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users