Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#5081 5yearEngagement

5yearEngagement
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

100 days and I will be leaving on a jet plane to Jamaica!!! AHHHHHHH Can't wait. Still a ton to do, but I've accomplished quite a bit in the last month. I'm pleased with progress. I think I should try to start packing the wedding stuff. What I CAN anyway..... Did anyone else start packing?

I have over 225 days and I started packing awhile ago!

#5082 soontobeawalsh

soontobeawalsh
    • 197 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 9, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

I am so excited!  I got my wedding shoes today!!  I had to order them from the US but they were totally worth it!!  All I want to do is put them on and dance around the house!  Hopefully I'm not the only one who is crazy like that 

#5083 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
    • 145 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by leannesmith 

I have 2 suitcases packed and ready to go....this is just wedding stuff. 

2 more to pack plus carry ons, plus the dress and suit.

I leave in less then 2 months....Sept 26 and the wedding is on Sept 30.

exciting times. :)

I can't believe we're already through 1/2 the summer.  Your day will come so quickly!! 

I just checked my countdown.  Only 118 days to the wedding and still have many SLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW RSVP's to come in.  Including a few family members...  Very frustrating to try to plan.  At least the people I want to be there, will be there.  That's all that matters.  I came to the resolution that I plan for the number that responded and if someone joins late, well they just don't get an OOT bag.

#5084 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
      • 145 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

Yay!  It only posted once!  I think it doubles up when I respond to a quote with pics.

#5085 dutchess

dutchess
        • 120 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

Lol I have 246 sleeps and yes I started packing. I also had slow RSVP. 25 confirmed and booked with my agent. 7 with there own agents. 32 total so far...but about 10 maybe last min. Folks. My Agent had extended deadline.

#5086 MelB2012

MelB2012
          • 182 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by dutchess 

Lol I have 246 sleeps and yes I started packing. I also had slow RSVP. 25 confirmed and booked with my agent. 7 with there own agents. 32 total so far...but about 10 maybe last min. Folks. My Agent had extended deadline.

I still have slow RSVP's and less then 100 days til departure. I have a long time friend of my finance's and his wife who have not yet confirmed yes or no? I keep getting "We really want to come." Not even a "But" to signify it's a no. We'd like them to come, but it would be nice to know... .

And then my fiance's godparents returned their RSVP and indicated "Maybe", and then wrote a handwritten letter as to why. It was sweet. His godmother is not well (health-wise) and they want to come, but it depends on how she's doing in upcoming months. They live in the states, so they would book with their own travel agent. There were also a good chunk of RSVP's a mailed out, got nothing back, and they didn't book. I'm just assuming they are not coming.

I'm still trying to find a second hand, cheap suitcase I can use to transport my wedding goods, and then I plan on leaving the suitcase there. Although I keep seeing beautiful new suitcases I wanna buy. Hahaha.

#5087 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

As long as you have the total of 16 guests then it shouldn't matter who they booked through as long as the resort knows they are all for your wedding.

Originally Posted by 5yearEngagement 

Does anyone know details on the free wedding package? You need a minimum of 16 guests. We have 14 guests booked with our travel agent and 2 booked with their own agent. Will that be okay? As long as they are at the resort right?

#5088 Stay cee1

Stay cee1
            • 62 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by MelB2012 

I still have slow RSVP's and less then 100 days til departure. I have a long time friend of my finance's and his wife who have not yet confirmed yes or no? I keep getting "We really want to come." Not even a "But" to signify it's a no. We'd like them to come, but it would be nice to know... .

And then my fiance's godparents returned their RSVP and indicated "Maybe", and then wrote a handwritten letter as to why. It was sweet. His godmother is not well (health-wise) and they want to come, but it depends on how she's doing in upcoming months. They live in the states, so they would book with their own travel agent. There were also a good chunk of RSVP's a mailed out, got nothing back, and they didn't book. I'm just assuming they are not coming.

I'm still trying to find a second hand, cheap suitcase I can use to transport my wedding goods, and then I plan on leaving the suitcase there. Although I keep seeing beautiful new suitcases I wanna buy. Hahaha.

Mel...don't worry about the slow RSVPs..as time goes by, others will start jumping on the bandwagon. 

Ask your family, or friends for a used suitcase to transport your wedding goods...I did the same and left that suitcase there...It saved us the extra cost with the airline coming home.

#5089 MelB2012

MelB2012
              • 182 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Stay cee1 

Mel...don't worry about the slow RSVPs..as time goes by, others will start jumping on the bandwagon. 

Ask your family, or friends for a used suitcase to transport your wedding goods...I did the same and left that suitcase there...It saved us the extra cost with the airline coming home.

Well, we got a confirmed "No." on Sunday from on eof the couples that were on the fence. At least, I'm taking it as a no, and planning as such.

And I just noticed we're at 500 pages! Holy cow! and only 100 days until i get married! Madness!

#5090 JennyO

JennyO
                • 23 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by leannesmith 

Are there any other brides getting married on Sept 30?

In Canada first yes lol

Soooo exciting!  Enjoy your day!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users