Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Hi,

I just returned from this hotel 2 weeks ago.  It is absolutely stunning.  Good luck on your wedding and have a blast like I did.  I loved it so much that I booked my wedding there for next June 2014.  Keep me posted on how things go and pics of course are always a must.

Barb

Thank you so much for all your insight into your wedding at GBPJ.  Your pics were beautiful and you looked so happy.  Congratulations.   I just returned from there 2 weeks ago and had an amazing vacation.  Maybe it helped that I was proposed to while we were there!!!!  lol.  We loved it so much that I picked up a wedding package, but was unable to see anyone in person as they were so busy.  The hotel was beautiful, and at least I have an idea of what to expect including restaurants for the meal.  Just trying to figure out the reception part now.  We have booked for June 2014 so have a lot of time to prepare.  I just came across this site and I can already tell it's going to be a great help.

Thanks Barb

Originally Posted by BARB2014 View Post

Thank you so much for all your insight into your wedding at GBPJ.  Your pics were beautiful and you looked so happy.  Congratulations.   I just returned from there 2 weeks ago and had an amazing vacation.  Maybe it helped that I was proposed to while we were there!!!!  lol.  We loved it so much that I picked up a wedding package, but was unable to see anyone in person as they were so busy.  The hotel was beautiful, and at least I have an idea of what to expect including restaurants for the meal.  Just trying to figure out the reception part now.  We have booked for June 2014 so have a lot of time to prepare.  I just came across this site and I can already tell it's going to be a great help.

Thanks Barb

This site is a huge help! Welcome! But it's making me do way more planning than i expected! lol. My original plan for a destination wedding was to just book a resort, invite people and show up! Now all of a sudden i'm thinking photographers, make-up, decorations, gift bags, etc.! All of which i'm sure I wouldn't have been worried about if I didn't find this site! I love it tough and really appreciate everyone's input!

Originally Posted by HopeToBe View Post

Hi there - wondering how you brought your own flowers? Were they fake? ( not meaning to sound rude).. I've considered it but not sure how that would work exactly...

I used Tai Flora for my flowers. I didn't bring my own however I did smuggle them back home with me because I didn't want to just toss them out after our wedding. Tai Flora were wonderful. Great to wrok with. Jennevie is a little slow to respond but she always got back to me. I did take the time at the beginning to buy a phone card and make a phone call to Jamaica just to be sure everything was ok and it was. no worries at all!

Originally Posted by MrsViolo View Post

This site is a huge help! Welcome! But it's making me do way more planning than i expected! lol. My original plan for a destination wedding was to just book a resort, invite people and show up! Now all of a sudden i'm thinking photographers, make-up, decorations, gift bags, etc.! All of which i'm sure I wouldn't have been worried about if I didn't find this site! I love it tough and really appreciate everyone's input!

I have to agree with you.  I totally was all for booking a place and just showing up.  Now because of this site I have soooo many ideas of what I want to do 'extra' that my FI keeps telling me to stop worrying about the wedding.  But I do love every minute of it!  I'm only getting married once so I really want to fully enjoy every moment of being engaged and planning my wedding, and this site has been a HUGE help and lots of fun!!

Originally Posted by CGervaisToBe View Post

Hello!

My name's Cassie, and I am new to this website!

I am planning to get married at GBP in November of next year.  Was hoping for some helpful tips and rough guest quotes!  I've contacted some travel agents, but all the quotes I have received have been above $1700, which seems crazy since I can find it for $1400 on my own.  I did happen to find one travel agent back in Ontario (I live in British Columbia, Canada) who provided better quotes, and was honest enough to advise me to wait until later this summer to lock in to a quote price.

Just wondering how far ahead people have had their guests lock in, and which wedding packages you have gone with? Did you find the resort accommodating to all of your guests, especially children and older adults?  We will likely be having a group of about 50 people.

Thanks everybody, I'm excited to be on here finally!

Don't be so anxious to book. I would definitely wait.  we're in Ontario and in 2011 our quote was $1250 and everyone had to book by July 8th for a November wedding with Air Transat. Our original date was Nov 17th but our plans all fell apart and we went just the two of us and got married in October instead. We used Marlin Travel in Brookfield Place in downtown Toronto. The rates will definitely come down. I wouldn't worry until at least January of next year for a 2014 wedding, even maybe March, then start asking around to different sellers. You're in BC so I guarantee it will be more expensive. My brother lives in Langley and his quote originally to be at our wedding was $1750 per person. We actually offered to bring him to Ontario on our aeroplan points so that he could have the cheaper rate with everyone else. I find everyone is so anxious to get their rate and they book right away but then the fares drop and they're stuck. Some companies if you book really early will allow you one change if the fare drops a lot to let you rebook at the cheaper fare but not all.  Watch the rates this year and see what they are then start telling people it's an approximate price if they need to start saving money ahead of time. If your group is big enough you'll also probably get every 12th or 15th person free and what you could do is spread that money evenly between guests or give the freebie to someone that really can't afford it. or even the bride or groom to save a little money and maybe give yourselves a few little "extras" in Jamaica. Good luck!  I've said it before and I'll say it again. It will all turn out just perfect in the end. After the disaster that we went through putting our wedding together, nobody knows that better than me!!!

Hi Ladies, me again!! Has any past brides had to have their dress steamed at resort, as I'm packing mine in an airline travel box, and panicking that it will be creased. Thanks, oh and we fly in 5 sleeps, 2 weeks today I will be a married woman!!! Xx

When bringing your dress to the airport did past brides just bring it on the plane and check in with it in the garment bag no problem? I will have my purse and then my dress as my carry on...will that be ok? American Airlines said it has to be able to fit in the carry on measurement guidelines, but I don't want to put my dress in anything...just carry it on and hope to be able to hang it in the captains closet.