Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#4571 SarahJ

SarahJ
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

Hello out there everyone! Thanks for all the great information everyone's been posting - it's helped us in our planning. We are getting married there April 23 2013 @ 11:00AM - we'll be down there April 21 - 28 with 43 guests. So far my fiance has done a majority of the planning (ok - all of the planning, I just say yes or no) as I've been having a really hard time visualizing it. Our planner is Chandlyn and so far she's responded to everything we've asked her our most recent response was March 28. In reading many reviews our main thought we kept in mind was our sense of urgency is way different then the island. Most cases we get responses in 2 - 4 days. My question is has anyone had an 11am wedding? Can anyone fill me in with how it went? I'm assuming 11 - 12ish ceremony, pictures, (big blank), cocktails, dinner, lanterns then dancing. I'm so lost with the "big blank" portion. Look forward to responses, thanks for everything so far! Good luck to everyone and congratulations!!

I'm getting married Friday 26th so we'll be at the resort at the same time. Hopefully there's a few of us brides trying to get together at the resort for a drink to toast our weddings. Date & time yet to be agreed but so far I think it's me, Kristy & Candice37 so your'll have to let us know if you fancy getting together. We can compare weddings :D I just know its going to be perfect. I can't wait now!! Only 5 days left til we fly!! Whoop whoop. All the best for your special day.

#4572 HopeToBe

HopeToBe
    • 41 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

Hi Soon2BAMrs, My husband and I got married there last May at 11am. I can tell you it was very rushed! My hair appointment was made for 8:30 however when I arrived at 8:15 I read on the sign that they did not open until 9 am. I began to panic as I was supposed to be back in my room to change in time for the photographer who was arriving to take pictures for 10:30, be down at the lobby for 10:45 and then to the Gazebo for the ceremony at 11:00.  My hair and make-up wasn't finished until 10:30. I ran back to the room to find the photographer had been waiting for me. I had to rush to take some before pictures and then throw the dress on and take some more pictures, etc. By the time we got down to the lobby it was past 11:00 and I was in a panic because I was late. So, essentially I was like 20-30 mins late for the ceremony! In the rush of things I forgot to apply sun screen and ended up with 2nd degree burns on my shoulders! The ceremony turned out beautiful though! It was more than I could have imagined. After the ceremony, which is only about 10 - 15 mins, we celebrated with a champagne toast. We then took some group photos with our guests followed by a shoot with me and my new husband only. During this time our guests went off and did their own thing. The blank part is the part in between your photos and your dinner. Our dinner was at around 6 or 7 that evening so we had the rest of the day, I would say from 1 pm till 6 or 7 to do whatever you wish.  I hope this helps some and answers some of the unknown. If I could give one piece of advice it would be to enjoy and take in every moment. It happens so fast! My only regret is that I wish I would have had more time to enjoy it. Congratulations to the two of you - I am sure it will be everything you imagined!

Hi There I'm getting married next May. What was the weather like and how windy is it during the day (ceremony) and eve (during dinner)? Is it chilly with the wind? Should I wear my hair up? Should guests bring a light sweater? Any insight into that would be great!

#4573 SarahJ

SarahJ
      • 92 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

Hi Brides...does anyone know at what point you tip the wedding planners? Is it the day after the ceremony so you know what to tip dependent on how impressed we are with the wedding etc!

#4574 soontobeawalsh

soontobeawalsh
        • 197 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 9, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

For anyone who has already purchased the sky lanterns.  How big are they?  and how are you planning on bringing them to Jamaica with you?  Will they fit in a suitcase with clothing and other stuff in it??

Thanks

#4575 FutureKeese22

FutureKeese22
        • 86 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

I bought the cylinder sky lanterns in white. I am not sure how big they are as I have not opened up one yet. We are bringing a separate suitcase with all of our stuff and decorations. They are really flat and all separately wrapped. I ordered 35 and they don't take much space up in the suitcase. Hope this helps! :-)

#4576 JayKay

JayKay
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

The mixed grill includes a peice of steak, chicken and pork along with roasted potatoes and vegetables.

Originally Posted by LinzWarr 

Hey does anyone know what is in the MIXED GRILL on the menu for the Garden grill?

We tipped the wedding planners the next day after the wedding when we picked up all our things (chair sashes ect).  We didn't give them monetary tips but rather gave them some nice lotions and bath stuff.  They seemed to be really excited about it.

Originally Posted by SarahJ 

Hi Brides...does anyone know at what point you tip the wedding planners? Is it the day after the ceremony so you know what to tip dependent on how impressed we are with the wedding etc!

#4577 tram13

tram13
          • 80 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by FutureKeese22 

I bought the cylinder sky lanterns in white. I am not sure how big they are as I have not opened up one yet. We are bringing a separate suitcase with all of our stuff and decorations. They are really flat and all separately wrapped. I ordered 35 and they don't take much space up in the suitcase. Hope this helps! :-)

Just wondering where you bought the sky lanterns?

#4578 SarahJ

SarahJ
            • 92 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

The mixed grill includes a peice of steak, chicken and pork along with roasted potatoes and vegetables. We tipped the wedding planners the next day after the wedding when we picked up all our things (chair sashes ect).  We didn't give them monetary tips but rather gave them some nice lotions and bath stuff.  They seemed to be really excited about it.

Thanks Jaykay. Is it just 2 wedding planners? I'll have a look at the airport for some bath sets if that's what they like. :D

#4579 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

There was only 2 wedding planners when we had our wedding, but I beleive there may be more now.  I would only take tips/gifts for the planners that helped you with your wedding planning.

Originally Posted by SarahJ 

Thanks Jaykay. Is it just 2 wedding planners? I'll have a look at the airport for some bath sets if that's what they like.

#4580 FutureKeese22

FutureKeese22
              • 86 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

Just wondering where you bought the sky lanterns?

Justartifacts.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users