Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#4551 dutchess

dutchess
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

Me three!

#4552 Enna

Enna
    • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by HopeToBe 

Hi There

I'm getting married next May. What was the weather like and how windy is it during the day (ceremony) and eve (during dinner)? Is it chilly with the wind? Should I wear my hair up? Should guests bring a light sweater?

Any insight into that would be great!

Hi HopeToBe,

The weather was beautiful in May. I think we only had a few sprinkles of rain one day. It seemed to cloud over in the distance but never affected the weather at the resort.

The weather on our wedding day was gorgeous. It was a bit windy but nothing out of the ordinary for being close to the water (Nothing close to hurricane winds or anything). I certainly don't remember it being an issue but when I look back at pictures I see my guests' hair was blowing around. There seemed to be a bit of a breeze the whole time we were there. No, it is definitely not chilly with the wind. If anything it will feel good with the hot sun. Your guests shouldn't have to worry about bringing a light sweater at all. 

I would recommend wearing your hair up. I didn't want to constantly be pushing it out of my face. It would also be a bit cooler since the sun tends to be so hot!

Hope this helps 

#4553 Jamaica2014

Jamaica2014
      • 24 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

Hey ladies...I have emailed Chandlyn the same email 4 times since the end of February and I still haven't heard back :( Very frustrating! Does anyone have another contact name or email? Who is this Stefanie person? Thanks.

#4554 Stay cee1

Stay cee1
        • 62 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

I'm not sure what's going on with Chandlyn...I'm starting to think she has either taken a leave, or left entirely. I have corresponded with her for a year only to have the same issue you are experiencing.  I ended up dealing with Stephanie Elson via assistantweddingplanner2bpjam@bahia-principe.com. So far she has answered all my emails within 24 hours...but with my wedding just 3 months away...I went into panic mode.  I called them directly had them confirm everything for me over the phone. 

#4555 dutchess

dutchess
          • 120 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Soontobewalsh that's awesome. We will prob. Be on same flight. What were your group rates like?

#4556 dutchess

dutchess
            • 120 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

Soontobewalsh and dawnmarie you are both on April9 at 4???? I hope I read that wrong!

#4557 dutchess

dutchess
              • 120 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

Nevermind. I figured out how to read the thread LOL dawn in the 8th and Walsh I saw ur rate was 1600. Mine is 1500 including taxes but not including early booking rate (won't find out till summer about that discount) and 1 time after that when rates drop we can lock in at better price but only once! Also ever 16th person is free! Since my wedding is at 2 and I'm cake and 1st dance in gazebo, I figure after pictures we still got 2 hours till diner so an hour for everyone to freshen up and I thought we would all meet in lobby bar for cocktails from 5-6 then diner, lanterns then party party party!!!

#4558 dutchess

dutchess
                • 120 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

Nevermind. I figured out how to read the thread LOL dawn in the 8th and Walsh I saw ur rate was 1600. Mine is 1500 including taxes but not including early booking rate (won't find out till summer about that discount) and 1 time after that when rates drop we can lock in at better price but only once! Also ever 16th person is free! Since my wedding is at 2 and I'm cake and 1st dance in gazebo, I figure after pictures we still got 2 hours till diner so an hour for everyone to freshen up and I thought we would all meet in lobby bar for cocktails from 5-6 then diner, lanterns then party party party!!!

#4559 kdaly

kdaly
                  • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

Chandlyn is very good with responses but not until your wedding is very close ( like a month away), she is super busy and they have dial up internet.  Don't worry gals, Jamaica weddings are very easy and fun....dont stress, just enjoy it =)  Everything will be gorgeous!

#4560 Lola1974

Lola1974
                    • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:22 AM

We got a quote for Mar 31 to April 7 for 1545 per person and that was with the early booking as long as the trip is paid by dec 1 2013.

and every 15th person is free. But she didn't say anything about being able to get a cheaper price one time...who are you flying with if you don't mind me asking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users