Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#4491 soontobeawalsh

soontobeawalsh
  • 197 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 9, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lola1974 

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this website and have been reading through the posts, we would love to get married at the GBP. 

We want to get married the end of Mar. beginging of April 2014. Just wondering what kind of prices you 

ladies are getting for April 2014. We will be flying out of Toronto. Any info would be great.

We are paying $1600 (including taxes) for the Golden section flying out of Toronto in early April

#4492 Ashley11

Ashley11
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hi Ladies,

I am also getting married at the GBPB resort April 10, 2014.  I am so excited to have things booked.  Just trying to figure out what I want to do for my private reception.  I am not paying for an open bar to expensive seeing how its an all inclusive resort!  Cant wait to hear how everyones plans are going.

#4493 EmTy23

EmTy23
    • 30 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ashley11 

Hi Ladies,

I am also getting married at the GBPB resort April 10, 2014.  I am so excited to have things booked.  Just trying to figure out what I want to do for my private reception.  I am not paying for an open bar to expensive seeing how its an all inclusive resort!  Cant wait to hear how everyones plans are going.

Hi and welcome to the site!

Piscis, Dolce Vita, Beach,Disco and the Gazebo are good spots for private receptions.

#4494 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
      • 145 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by HopeToBe 

Hi There,

Just to clarify for you, it's $20/pp for two hours or $36/pp for three. I thought it was pp/hour but it's not. Not sure if that helps or not? That was clarified for me from Diandra at the resort.

That is extremely helpful... Thanks!!

#4495 acw271011

acw271011
        • Moderators
        • 3,128 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
        • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
        • LocationToronto Area

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by TriciaF 

Hi i am marrying in gbp july 14. It will just be me, my fiance and our son. Has anyone else had party this smalk? Thanks

My husband and I got married there in Oct 2011 and we ended up being only two of us. We still had a great time and still had a proper wedding. Whatever you want to know just ask.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4496 acw271011

acw271011
        • Moderators
        • 3,128 posts
        • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
        • LocationToronto Area

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by JayKay 

We used this site to purchase our steel drum music.  Its really great quality and much more affordable then hiring a live steel drum band.

http://www.steeldrum...net/buycds.html

lol hey! that's the Bob Lyons site that we got ours from too! once you purchase it you can download it to your own computer and then just put on CD whichever ones you want. I still listen to a couple of the songs now and then!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4497 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

We brought our own chair sashes.  We brought a total of 20 and they come flat in a small package.  Let me tell you they were really easy getting there, but coming back it was a pain as they were all crinkled and wouldn't fit back in the package.  We used organza ones so they were really super light. I would highly suggest using the resorts chair sashes if you need a large number of them and they have the color you want.  They didn't have the color I wanted so I brought my own.

Originally Posted by soontobeawalsh 

For any previous Brides that brought there own chair sashes.

How big were they?? In the package that is. Hopefully not too heavy I really don't want to bring lots of extra stuff with me, we are going to be in Jamaica for two weeks and would rather not fill up my luggage allowance with lots of wedding stuff.

Maybe it was you who gave me that site! lol  I can't honestly remember.  I still listen to some of them every once and awhile too!!

Originally Posted by acw271011 

lol hey! that's the Bob Lyons site that we got ours from too! once you purchase it you can download it to your own computer and then just put on CD whichever ones you want. I still listen to a couple of the songs now and then!

#4498 acw271011

acw271011
        • Moderators
        • 3,128 posts
        • LocationToronto Area

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by diana2409 

Yes can you please send me his info?

the name of the videographer is Roxroy Gough. his company is RG Weddings and his website is www.rgweddingsii.com

If you go to his portfolio, there is a video there called Telley and Tekeya and that is the bride from this site that I got the contact info from. her video is gorgeous and it shows you the gazebo wedding. I think she had her reception at Dolce Vita semi-private too if my memory is correct, plus they did the gazebo rental at night and had dancing down there so the video will show all of it. here is the link but I don't know if it will work or not. definitely well worth looking at if only to get ideas, but a good show of Roxroy's work too. his price has gone up a little but he has a nice package put together for the price.

http://www.rgwedding...hlight_Videos/2

event.png

#4499 acw271011

acw271011
        • Moderators
        • 3,128 posts
        • LocationToronto Area

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by JayKay 

We brought our own chair sashes.  We brought a total of 20 and they come flat in a small package.  Let me tell you they were really easy getting there, but coming back it was a pain as they were all crinkled and wouldn't fit back in the package.  We used organza ones so they were really super light. I would highly suggest using the resorts chair sashes if you need a large number of them and they have the color you want.  They didn't have the color I wanted so I brought my own.

Maybe it was you who gave me that site! lol  I can't honestly remember.  I still listen to some of them every once and awhile too!!

you know it might have been me thinking back on it. I do remember there was a bunch of people looking for music at that time and quite a few that didn't want to pay the high rate for the steel band.

geez Jayne, it seems so long ago now. we're almost a year and a half! I would so love to go back to Jamaica!

event.png

#4500 DawnMarie14

DawnMarie14
        • 13 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Finally got confirmed by stefany for April 9 2014 at 2 pm. She gave me a form to fill out and send back. Progress finally!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users