Originally Posted by belledame
All right, thank you! Another option that we decided to do is buy our own liquor and bring it onto the resort. She said a corkage fee of $15 US per bottle will apply. I don't mind doing this, as it is way cheaper than spending almost $20US pp/per hour for a total of 4 hours. I'm expecting 60+ guests, so the price will add up.
I have thought of that as well...
I was looking into that as I think that there would be alot of things to consider.
Are you thining to bring the alcohol from Canada or buy in Jamaica?
If bringing from Canada
1. Would the air line you have chosen allow such a weight and volume of Alcohol?
2. I know fed-ex will not secure or guarantee any shipping of glass
3. The cost to ship would be astronomical
4. Not sure about Jamaician customs?
If you are buying in Jamaica
1. The price states that there is corkrage fee of $15 per bottle which carries a 17.5% tax on top of that
2. If they are doing a fee for that, does that cover the service or are they just opening them and leaving them for a free for all. ( I have heard of some resorts doing that, Opening 30 bottles at once and just walking away.
3. What about mixers and ice? Glasses,
4. Who clearing the glasses, and are new ones available?
5. If you are required to hire service then there is also 17.5% tax on that.
Sorry if you feel I am being negative I am just trying to think of everything, It would be bad if you did all this planning and there were hik-ups when you got there.
Now I have heard of a bride at GBPJ who asked for a cooler and ice, but they were all on their own for service.
I am sure there is a great solution! With 60+ guests I think the biggest problem will be the clearing of glasses and the new glasses available to you ( if there is no service)
Average person drinks 3 drinks an hour 60 x 3 = 180 times by 2 hours = 360
I know it's frustrating...........