Jump to content

Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#4401 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jamaica2014 


so how does it work if one of your paying guests will be taking pictures for you for your wedding...photography is a hobby for many people... I don't see how the resort could charge you the vendors fee for that! One of my friends who has been invited to the wedding also does photography and has offered to take pictures.

 

If you're asked, I would just tell the WC that the person doing pictures for you is a family member that is travelling with you from home and is staying at the resort for the week with you. I would even throw in a comment to the effect that you had to ask around to family members for someone to do it for you because the cost of a photographer plus the resort vendor fee was too much of a cost for you.


I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

 

 

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

 

 

event.png


#4402 tram13

tram13
  • Newbie
  • 80 posts

    Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

    Originally Posted by MelB2012 

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EmTy23 

    Hi All,

     

    I have been trying to contact the WC with no luck...  Not responding!

    I was wondering if anyone can give the WC email address.

     

    Thanks :)

    I got a reply from Stephany Elson yesterday.

     

    assistantweddingplanner2bpjam@bahia-principe.com

    Thanks for the e-mail!  My TA seems quite surprised that no one has contacted me at all about our wedding yet.  So, at least I can hopefully confirm my details with her!



    #4403 Samantha262

    Samantha262
    • Newbie
    • 12 posts

      Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

      A few people have mentioned that if you book the wedding Gazebo....you can request coolers, ice, cups, and rum punch from the wedding coordinator and they will set it up on tables for you. Have your guests bring drinks from mini fridge in room (someone mentioned there guests kept emtying the fridge so they kept refilling and had a bunch of drinks to bring down to put in the coolers). Saves you from paying for a bartender and from what I have heard everyone has loved it!!



      #4404 CdnBrideJoanne

      CdnBrideJoanne
      • Newbie
      • 145 posts

        Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

        Originally Posted by Samantha262 

        A few people have mentioned that if you book the wedding Gazebo....you can request coolers, ice, cups, and rum punch from the wedding coordinator and they will set it up on tables for you. Have your guests bring drinks from mini fridge in room (someone mentioned there guests kept emtying the fridge so they kept refilling and had a bunch of drinks to bring down to put in the coolers). Saves you from paying for a bartender and from what I have heard everyone has loved it!!

         

        Thanks Samantha!  I've just started reading through the entire thread again to pick up some info that I missed the first time around.  That is a great suggestion, so I will try that.  I'm sure I wouldn't have to book the bartender until we have our meeting at the resort anyhow.  Now I just need to decide where to book dinner...  Dolce Vita looks a bit nicer, but the Grill seems to have a better menu that would appeal to most of the guests.



        #4405 EmTy23

        EmTy23
        • Newbie
        • 30 posts

          Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

          Hi All

           

          I am a December bride also, new to the site. :)

           

          I just gave up with the email and called Chandlyn directly yesterday. How awesome was that.

          You get so much more done. I was able to book my date at the gazebo, Reserve the restaurant and get all costs for things like cocktails.

          I was worried that our conversation would be just that, A conversation with no paper trail of my requests.

          However, within 5 mins I recieved an email with confirmations for everything........ AWESOME!

           

          I don't have an internation phone plan but I can tell you that whatever it costs it was so worth it. At the same time she emailed me all catalogues for flower, entertainment and all the forms I need to fill out.

           

           

          FYI- to new brides here, There are absolutely no dates left in the month of November 2013



          #4406 EmTy23

          EmTy23
          • Newbie
          • 30 posts

            Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

            Originally Posted by staceydale 

            Hi!
            I'm getting married at this resort in November 2013, I have been dealing with Chandlyn but I find that the details have been fairly vague. I sent her a list of questions but it takes so long to hear back. Does anyone know the details on the Private Dinner option?

            I was looking into the renting the Piscis outdoor location for $1,700 but I was wondering what was included. I know a DJ is included in this price but is the meal or the open bar?

             

            Thanks!

            Hi Staceydale,

             

            I was reading your post, not sure if this was answered but I called and spoke with Chandlyn yesterday. I am renting Piscis also.

            She told me that, that price includes

            restaurant for 4 hours

            DJ for 4 hours

            cake cutting if you want it there

            However, when I asked her about drinks she told me that the guests will have the option to have pop, beer and wine all night and that if I wanted something more than that then we could contract a bar. She did not tell me that drinks stopped after two hours. As you probably know Piscis is the beach bar so they have a bar there, the other thing she told me is that our guest could just go and get whatever they wanted at a bar???

            Contracting a bar service fee in the "additional Fees" states the price is 20 per person per hour, she also told me this price

                However it would be very upsetting if we contracted a bar for our guests and they only had to walk a few feet to get a drink like on the other side of the bar... LOL

               Don't forget that the rental of Piscis has a fee + 10% tax and if you want a bar it is fee + 17.5% tax

            If you have found any different information from your reaseach or other brides that have had a wedding please let me know.



            #4407 tram13

            tram13
            • Newbie
            • 80 posts

              Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

              Can I just ask you new brides how long it took you to book and confirm and sign contracts for everything? (like have your travel details and wedding date and venue from resort secured)  So far, it's almost been a month for me, and even though I've been told dates, every time they've sent me an invoice or a contract, it has been wrong...so I really have confirmation of nothing.  I am just wondering if this is the typical experience that most people are having?  And maybe this is the average time it takes? I was really hoping to have everything done and signed and set in stone by now...but, the fact that it isn't is only causing me more stress. 



              #4408 HopeToBe

              HopeToBe
              • Newbie
              • 41 posts

                Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

                Hi Staceydale, I was reading your post, not sure if this was answered but I called and spoke with Chandlyn yesterday. I am renting Piscis also. She told me that, that price includes restaurant for 4 hours DJ for 4 hours cake cutting if you want it there However, when I asked her about drinks she told me that the guests will have the option to have pop, beer and wine all night and that if I wanted something more than that then we could contract a bar. She did not tell me that drinks stopped after two hours. As you probably know Piscis is the beach bar so they have a bar there, the other thing she told me is that our guest could just go and get whatever they wanted at a bar??? Contracting a bar service fee in the "additional Fees" states the price is 20 per person per hour, she also told me this price     However it would be very upsetting if we contracted a bar for our guests and they only had to walk a few feet to get a drink like on the other side of the bar... LOL    Don't forget that the rental of Piscis has a fee + 10% tax and if you want a bar it is fee + 17.5% tax If you have found any different information from your reaseach or other brides that have had a wedding please let me know.

                Yes. Two different pieces of information, actually. One, I was told that the DJ is NOT included in the rental cost and that I'd have to pay above and beyond. And two, Chandlyn quoted us $16/pp for the bar service, not $20?!? I'm personally starting to get a little frustrated at the different pieces of info they keep telling us. Maybe we should all get on one big conference call so that we all receive the same pieces of info (and use each other as leverage to negotiate! LOL)...

                #4409 tram13

                tram13
                • Newbie
                • 80 posts

                  Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

                  Originally Posted by EmTy23 

                  Hi All

                   

                  I am a December bride also, new to the site. :)

                   

                  I just gave up with the email and called Chandlyn directly yesterday. How awesome was that.

                  You get so much more done. I was able to book my date at the gazebo, Reserve the restaurant and get all costs for things like cocktails.

                  I was worried that our conversation would be just that, A conversation with no paper trail of my requests.

                  However, within 5 mins I recieved an email with confirmations for everything........ AWESOME!

                   

                  I don't have an internation phone plan but I can tell you that whatever it costs it was so worth it. At the same time she emailed me all catalogues for flower, entertainment and all the forms I need to fill out.

                   

                   

                  FYI- to new brides here, There are absolutely no dates left in the month of November 2013

                  EmTy23 - would you be able to share the number with me?  Please PM it to me if that's okay.  I am wanting to get things 100% confirmed...and right now with e-mail and my TA, it doesn't seem to be happening...Thanks!



                  #4410 EmTy23

                  EmTy23
                  • Newbie
                  • 30 posts

                    Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

                    Originally Posted by HopeToBe 


                    Yes. Two different pieces of information, actually. One, I was told that the DJ is NOT included in the rental cost and that I'd have to pay above and beyond. And two, Chandlyn quoted us $16/pp for the bar service, not $20?!? I'm personally starting to get a little frustrated at the different pieces of info they keep telling us. Maybe we should all get on one big conference call so that we all receive the same pieces of info (and use each other as leverage to negotiate! LOL)...

                    No worries.... Just yet.

                     

                    I called again to recomfirm everything LOL

                    So I got the following document stating that the $1700.00 does include the DJ for 4 hours

                     

                    Private Dinner:

                    For private receptions guests are accommodated at the outdoor location of the Piscis restaurant at a cost of USD1700.00. The indoor location is offered at a cost of USD2500.00. Both locations are for 4 hours only and include DJ for dinner and dancing music.

                    The earliest time for dinner reception is 6:30pm.

                    Couples who wish to provide their personal silverware, place cards or other items to be placed on the table, must advise the wedding co-ordinator during the wedding interview.

                     

                    The attachment that they sent to me. It talks about everything on page 2. The font is crazy big?

                     

                     

                     

                    She did say $20 per person per hour for bar? And actually that is what is listed in the Gran Principe Additional Services page in the GBPJ Package information.

                    $16 per person for cocktails

                    Now maybe she gave you the price without the taxes?

                    $20.00 per person

                    or

                    $16.00 per person X 17.5% tax..... still only comes to $18.80 per person?  LOL

                    Okay I will bank on the $20.00 per hour per person X 17.5% tax which will be $23.50 per person per hour

                     

                    When I talk to her I have to say she is great! She is on the ball and she even doubled checked things for me in another room, even though I was on hold....... long distance LOL 

                    Attached Files






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users