Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#4391 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by HopeToBe 

Ah ok got it. The cheap cost for the gazebo /DJ is ONLY if you do the semi-private dinner... Which means you will be eating with the general public. Semi-private is not private at all. Hence the expensive cost of $1700 for your own private, separate, dinner venue...hope everyone is aware of the difference in private vs. semi-private. I personally don't want to be eating my nice, fancy, relatively formal, celebratory dinner with every other guest at the hotel :P

To clarify again, anyone can't rent the gazebo for a spot to have a dj and some dancing up to 11 pm and for a 2 hr period. if anyone goes way back to the beginning of these posts, you'll see that it's an option that a lot of brides have done and has worked out really well. Unless you rent the Piscis open location which is private or ask for the Dolce Vita privately at a cost of $2500, all other reception locations are semi private. Yes there are other diners there, but the resort really does work hard at trying to make sure the wedding groups are as close to private as possible and the Dolce Vita has a semi private room where they put wedding groups. I've never seen a single complaint about uninvited guests at a reception held there. Ladies - you have to remember this is Jamaica and it's a resort. it's a different wedding experience and a wonderful one. you're going there to have a special no stress wedding. don't try to make it like a wedding you would plan at home. that's not the idea. Enjoy the planning experience and the fact that you're on a beautiful island in the Caribbean marrying the love of your life.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4392 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by acw271011 

To clarify again, anyone can't rent the gazebo for a spot to have a dj and some dancing up to 11 pm and for a 2 hr period. if anyone goes way back to the beginning of these posts, you'll see that it's an option that a lot of brides have done and has worked out really well. Unless you rent the Piscis open location which is private or ask for the Dolce Vita privately at a cost of $2500, all other reception locations are semi private. Yes there are other diners there, but the resort really does work hard at trying to make sure the wedding groups are as close to private as possible and the Dolce Vita has a semi private room where they put wedding groups. I've never seen a single complaint about uninvited guests at a reception held there. Ladies - you have to remember this is Jamaica and it's a resort. it's a different wedding experience and a wonderful one. you're going there to have a special no stress wedding. don't try to make it like a wedding you would plan at home. that's not the idea. Enjoy the planning experience and the fact that you're on a beautiful island in the Caribbean marrying the love of your life.

Sorry - this was meant to be that anyone CAN rent the gazebo for a spot to have dancing and a dj, not can't.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4393 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

I wanted to rent the Piscis for a private party but another bride beat me to it so I am renting the Gazebo.  How does the bartender charge go...?  I know it is $20 per person, but they don't charge for the teens and kids, do they?

#4394 Jamaica2014

Jamaica2014
    • 24 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

Well said...we allneed to remember this :)

#4395 Jamaica2014

Jamaica2014
      • 24 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Great thanks for the info

so how does it work if one of your paying guests will be taking pictures for you for your wedding...photography is a hobby for many people... I don't see how the resort could charge you the vendors fee for that! One of my friends who has been invited to the wedding also does photography and has offered to take pictures.

#4396 MelB2012

MelB2012
        • 182 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by acw271011 

Hi,

I just wondered what your colours are? I have a beautiful little flower girl dress, never worn, with matching shoes and flip flops, matching hair band with a flower and a coordinating sash that goes around the waist of the dress. The tags are still on everything. If the colour is right, I could send you pics if you want.

Hi acw,

My colours are strongly turquoise, with accents of "sand" and deep purple. I imagine my flower girl to be in a white dress with turquoise accents.

#4397 EmTy23

EmTy23
          • 30 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

Hi All,

I am trying to request information from the WC but haven't gotten a response!!

Does anyone have the WC email address?

Thanks!

#4398 EmTy23

EmTy23
            • 30 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

Hi All,

I have been trying to contact the WC with no luck...  Not responding!

I was wondering if anyone can give the WC email address.

#4399 MelB2012

MelB2012
              • 182 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by EmTy23 

Hi All,

I have been trying to contact the WC with no luck...  Not responding!

I was wondering if anyone can give the WC email address.

I got a reply from Stephany Elson yesterday.

assistantweddingplanner2bpjam@bahia-principe.com

#4400 EmTy23

EmTy23
                • 30 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

Oh Thanks so much!

It is awesome to get a response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users