Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#4321 tram13

tram13
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Wow! You ladies are getting awesome deals! I wonder if I should ask my travel agent if Air Canada has any kind of perks like this!!!

#4322 dutchess

dutchess
    • 120 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Ohhh I don't have to confirm flight and make deposit till the 19th...maybe I will check with marlin.

#4323 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

If you are not big meat eaters I would probably not chose the Grill.  I would try to change your dinner to the Dolce instead.

Originally Posted by Stay cee1 

Thanks JayKay...I appreciate your response. It certainly makes things clear...I wish I knew this prior to choosing this restaurant though...as most of our guests are not big meat eaters...I guess that's what happens when you assume right?  LOL.  I'm not going to worry too much about it. I will email Chandlyn and let her know that we may need to make other arrangements....Perhaps even go with the Dolce instead. 

Oh the joy of planning continues.........!!!

#4324 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
      • 145 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by MrsViolo 

With Marlin Travel and Transat I'm getting every 13th person free!

I booked through Marlin Travel and Transat and they initially offered every 16th free, but I said I wanted every 12th free and they gave it to me.  Plus they offer one-time price drop protection so I am watching the prices to see if they drop.  Right now we are $1,505 pp with the Royal Golden upgrade out of Toronto.  That's for Dec 7 - 14.

#4325 kts883

kts883
        • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jamaica2014 

Hey ladies...I'll be getting married in January 2014...and I cant wait! Thanks again everyone for all the helpfull advice...this site has made the planning process so much smoother :) I have rented the Gazebo and DJ for the after dinner party/dance. Can anyone tell me if this is the same gazebo that you get married in? As well, does the resort set up any decorations, lighting in the gazebo? Thank you!

Me too...on January 9, 2014; when is your date?  Have you been to the resort before?  It's a gorgeous area for a wedding!  To answer your questions:  the gazebo you rented for the party/dance is the same one as for the ceremony.  The resort doesn't really set up any decorations (I'm sure they will if you pay an arm and a leg), and when I was there in December it looked as though there was some lighting already there (sort of like lanterns) around the gazebo area.  The resort was very busy when we were visiting in December, but that side of the resort was never crowded...I think it's because it's the rocky beach side!  Congratulations and happy planning!  

#4326 kts883

kts883
          • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

I was there for a site visit in December....and did not see anybody get married on the beach side of the gazebo.  It's fairly rocky where they have the ceremony, so you probably wouldn't be able to have your toes in the sand anyway.  However, the gazebo is beautiful as it overlooks the water----and it's fairly private as most resort-goers stay on the sandy side of the beach way on the other side of the resort:)  

#4327 dutchess

dutchess
            • 120 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Wow I have to rebook everything I had planned as hotel informed me that I will be there for easter Sunday! April 20th 2014 is easter Omg! Many of my guests have an issue with that so looks like I'll be leaving week before instead!

#4328 MrsViolo

MrsViolo
              • 117 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by kts883 

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jamaica2014 

Hey ladies...I'll be getting married in January 2014...and I cant wait! Thanks again everyone for all the helpfull advice...this site has made the planning process so much smoother :) I have rented the Gazebo and DJ for the after dinner party/dance. Can anyone tell me if this is the same gazebo that you get married in? As well, does the resort set up any decorations, lighting in the gazebo? Thank you!

Me too...on January 9, 2014; when is your date?  Have you been to the resort before?  It's a gorgeous area for a wedding!  To answer your questions:  the gazebo you rented for the party/dance is the same one as for the ceremony.  The resort doesn't really set up any decorations (I'm sure they will if you pay an arm and a leg), and when I was there in December it looked as though there was some lighting already there (sort of like lanterns) around the gazebo area.  The resort was very busy when we were visiting in December, but that side of the resort was never crowded...I think it's because it's the rocky beach side!  Congratulations and happy planning!  

January 15th 2014!! - We'll be at the resort from the 11th to the 18th. Maybe we'll see you there!

#4329 MrsViolo

MrsViolo
                • 117 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Hi ladies I just started a new thread specifically for reviews of photographers at the resort. I've been in touch with the coordinator of Arrecife studio (the resort photographers) and he said, although he can't show me individuals photographers profile's I can request a certain one to shoot my wedding.

Hoping to get some reviews on who does a good job and who doesn't since there seems to be a variety. For those who have already gotten married there and used their photographer, can you click on the link and provide a quick review?

Thanks!

http://www.bestdesti...-in-runaway-bay

#4330 Samantha262

Samantha262
                  • 12 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

OMG I booked months ago my wedding date, I wasnt given many dates to choose from so I picked Dec 5th 2013, I asked for confirmation of my date so I could include it in my information packages/invitations. They sent me a confirmation email stating that date was mine. I couldn't get my fax machine to work so I send my filled out forms as an attachment through email which they recieved. I relaxed for a while waiting to find out the actual guest # before continuing to book things and they responded that dec 5th, 2013 was not available and they never heard from me so they gave it away and the only date/time is at 11am :( Really not happy and not sure what to do, anyone have any suggestions??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users