Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#4281 SarahJ

SarahJ
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by tram13 

Hi Everyone!

This thread has brought me so much piece of mind, you have no idea!  I spoke with my TA for the first time last week, and she recommended this resort right off the bat...and my FI and I weren't sure if she was just trying to sell the place, or if it really was a good resort for what we want.  From what I've read, it sounds like it'll fit the bill!

I've been to two other destination weddings (one in Cuba and one in Mexico)...and I am loving the idea of having the ceremony in the gazebo (great way to avoid beach gwakers, I'm sure!) and am really interested in renting out the Picses to make our reception even more private. 

I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the wedding bouquets and boutonnieres that the resort supplies?  I hear there is the basic bouquet and one that you can upgrade to?  Are they nice?  I'm kind of debating buying my own from etsy and bringing them with me...that way, they are exactly what I want, and can be a keep sake.  Plus, it looks like it would cost $40 (and up) extra for a bridesmaids bouquet and $22 (and up) extra for boutonnieres.  Seems a bit much to me, especially since I don't know if I will like them!!

Past brides who have rented the Pisces out...do you really have to pay per head for guests still on top of the $1700?!  I thought that it included 150 guests?  And are the chair ties included if you spend the money for the Pisces?

I am hoping to get married there some time in late November or early December...still waiting to hear back from my TA about package prices and hopefully a date will still be available!!!

As i've said to MrsViolo, I have the pdf of the bridal bouquets but this site won't let me upload it as its too large. If you send me your email address I can forward it to you.  Chandlyn (the WC) told me the boutonniere will be made to match the bouquet you choose once you get to the resort.

#4282 SarahJ

SarahJ
    • 92 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by MrsCtobe 

Hi Ladies, I am having the free bouquet for my wedding, one of the Tropical Bouquets., They look beautiful.
      It Seems to be alot of money to upgrade, to roses, orchids etc when it's just H2B & me on the day.
      Then on our return, I am having my flower of choice for Our party.
      Has any past brides had their room upgraded?

Anyone getting married in May 2013?
      Thanks

Did you get to choose from bouquets 149-164? These are the ones I was allowed to choose from.

#4283 SarahJ

SarahJ
      • 92 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by ShanayJasmine14 

Is there a minimum amount of guests to have a wedding here? I'm only expecting about 20 people....

We only have 12 guests joining us...so there isn't a minimum...some have just the bride and groom....

#4284 leannesmith

leannesmith
        • 63 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

A question for past brides.....if you chose not to have a MC for the reception, will the DJ handles all the announcements? Did anyone hire an MC?

#4285 tram13

tram13
          • 80 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by SarahJ 

MrsViolo - I have the pdf of the catalogue for the bridal bouquets available but it's too large and this forum won't let me upload it for you even though i've zipped the file.  If you send me your email address I can forward it to you. Sarah

SarahJ - any chance you could send me that e-mail, too? Please?

#4286 kdaly

kdaly
            • 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

Hi SarahJ,

I was wondering what your email was? I thought it would be helpful to have eachothers emails since we are getting married within the same week =)  I'm so excited, just a little nervous making sure I have everything.  My email is daly1kn@gmail.com if you want to email me =)

#4287 Koolaide

Koolaide
              • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

Hi,

I will be getting married on May 1, 2013....OMG its soo close yet so far... there's so much little things left to do...:)

#4288 Koolaide

Koolaide
                • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

Hi Ladies, I am having the free bouquet for my wedding, one of the Tropical Bouquets., They look beautiful.
                  It Seems to be alot of money to upgrade, to roses, orchids etc when it's just H2B & me on the day.

Thanks

me, me, me....I will be getting married on May 1, 2013...what about you?  Are you almost ready...lol

#4289 tram13

tram13
                  • 80 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

Thanks

Hi MrsCtobe...

Just wondering, do you know how much it was roughly to upgrade?  SarahJ was super awesome and send me the pdf file of all the different bouquets to choose from...but, I think I like some of the others...just don't know how much it would cost me...

#4290 SarahJ

SarahJ
                    • 92 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

[quote name="tram13" url="/t/51518/any-gran-bahia-principe-runaway-bay-brides-out-there/4230#post_1881534"]SarahJ - any chance you could send me that e-mail, too? Please? ;) SENT :-) hope it helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users