Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Originally Posted by STemple View Post

Hello welcome to the site and congratulations!

I am set to be married may 19 2014 at the BP. I would suggest asking your travel agent if there is an early booking bonus associated with the pricing and/or is there a best price guarantee. Some companies offer these incentives in order to get you to book early (the best price guarantee usually allows a one time price adjustment if the price drops)

I'm not booked for January but 1800 seems to be definitely on the high end, however my opinion is based on package prices out of Toronto.

Good luck!! :)

Thanks! Congrats to you too! Your date is the day before my birthday. We are booking from Toronto too, I thought 1800 sounded high. Tell me a little about your wedding, I would love to hear what other brides are planning at the same resort! :)

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

-We brought our own Cd with music on it.  We had music they could play before the ceremony while everyone was being seated, our music for our ceremony, and music that they played after our ceremony while we enjoyed the champagne.  I would think if you dont bring a CD they would provide some kind of music for you.

-I beleive you can do a rehersal the day before.  We had the option but chose not to.  We rather just went with the flow and everything turned out great.

-Our a la carte dinners were pre reserved so when we got there they gave us a paper with all the times and dates.  We didn't ask for this so it was a nice suprise.  However, that being said, all our reservations were super early, like 6pm, which kind of sucked as it would have been nice to have a few later on.

I had my hair and makeup done at the spa and I was really happy with the work they did.  I don't even remember the girls name that did my hair but I took her pictures and she basically did it exactly the same.  As so makeup, I don't normally wear a lot of makeup so I told her something really simple and neutral and she did just that.

Most travel companies have a policy that if you book early in advance and the price drops they will refund you the difference.  That happened with us.  The price dropped about 6 months before our wedding and we all got to take advantage of the lower price.  I would say ask your guests to book as soon as they can as that way you can get a clearer idea of how many people will be there.  I know for us we had to give our deposit once booking but didnt have to pay until november (we were married in January).  We paid about $2000 per person for 1 week.  We flew out of Calgary and chose a direct flight for a little bit more money versus saving $100 for a two stop flight. 

Quote:

Thanks for the info! Just curious, did you have to keep checking if the price went down or were you notified? Your wedding sounds beautiful! Which package did you go with? Did you add many extras? Any advice for me? Thanks :)

Originally Posted by MrsViolo View Post

We're getting married the week before you!

We're getting our guest to book ASAP since there is an early booking discount and prices tend to go up as things fill up.

I booked through transat and they have a lowest price guarantee so if the rates drop after you book, you get the lowest price.

From Toronto we're paying 1500 for the regular section and 1600 for the club golden section.

Prices from Calgary were closer to 2000.

It really depends where you're flying from.

I also know that your week the prices went up, that's one of the reasons we decided on the week before.

Congrats! What travel agent are you going through? I am getting quotes from Marlin and Flight Centre. What wedding package are you doing? I am flying from Toronto as well. I am still in the beginning stages of planning. Have you got things all figured out? Thanks :)

Hey Ladies,

I just want to say how helpful all you have been with little tips about getting married at GBP.  I have a question to past brides, I really want to have some of my hair down (looking at maybe half down and half up) but have been told the wind at the gazebo can be horrible.  I have booked Raschel for hair and makeup and know that she can probably make a suggestion but I would like to have some sort of idea how my hair will look for the big day.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Happy planning everyone!

That is true.  At all the meals they only provide certain alcoholic drinks like wine and beer, no other drinks. 

Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post

Hi ladies. All this time ive just assumed as its an all inclusive resort that alcoholic drinks will be available throughout the reception meal for free, is this right?

I had my hair half up and half down.  Yes, it was really windy at the gazebo and because of that I chose not to wear my veil but I didn't want to compromise on my hair.  

Originally Posted by Dena View Post

Hey Ladies,

I just want to say how helpful all you have been with little tips about getting married at GBP.  I have a question to past brides, I really want to have some of my hair down (looking at maybe half down and half up) but have been told the wind at the gazebo can be horrible.  I have booked Raschel for hair and makeup and know that she can probably make a suggestion but I would like to have some sort of idea how my hair will look for the big day.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Happy planning everyone!

Jenn83-

I kept checking the prices and noticed that they had gone down.  I mentioned it to my TA and she was able to contact Transat and they lowered our price.

We just used the free package.  We had a smaller group (18 in total) so it made sense for us to use that package verse paying for one.  We didn't add any extras at all.  We used everything provided from the resort (minus chair ties, which I brought myself) but were pleasently suprised with everything.

Jenn83: I've reserved a 4pm ceremony time at the gazebo, I figure it won't be as hot for everyone that time. I havent decided on a wedding package yet since Chandlyn doesn't have the 2014 prices out yet. For our reception we are doing it outdoors at the piscis. I've just booked rashel edwards for hair/make up.She's been excellent to communicate with, responds right away. That's about all I've solidly decided on so far, what are your plans?? Also I am a travel agent and generally when it comes to lower price adjustments, it is up to the client to keep an eye on the price. I highly recommend finding a package with the price drop guarantee, that way you can give your guests piece if mind when booking that they are getting the best price. Shop around with different companies (air transat, sunquest, air Canada, etc...) each one has different perks to benefit the bride and groom. Happy planning!

Just got back from my wedding there last week! Everything was perfect! Everyone there is amazing. Already planning on goin back for our one year! We had the ceremony at the gazebo then reception be rented out the snack bar area in the private deck it was decorated beautifully and right on the water and set off wish lanterns at the end and was a huge hit! We chose this area cause not only is it gorgeous but it's private so you're not having your wedding reception with other people in the same restaurant on the resort. It was 1700 extra but if you have a big group (we had 40) totally worth it! Felt more like a real wedding reception lol. And outside keeps with the tropical theme. The whole reason we wanted to have it there :) We took our own music for the ceremony and for our special dances then had the unforgettable package so had the DJ for the rest of the music for the dance/ reception. I must at had the steel drum band for the first part of dinner which was a great add. Used them there instead of at the gazebo since we wanted our own music for the ceremony. Also had sparklers for everyone for our first dance. The whole day was just magical. Highly recommend this resort for your special day. If anyone has questions feel free to ask! Also I recommend if you want photos that you'd love, since they last a lifetime...Don't use the one on the resort. We still got 15 free one with our package and they look just like the one from my mothers cellphone. We used dean Clark and he was AMAZING!!! Had an assistant too so captured everything!!! For the full day!! Every shot I had in mind from Pinterest etc he was already on it! And they look amazing!!!!

I purchased mine from this website

http://www.weddinglinensdirect.com/chairsashes.html

They were already precut to the proper length.  It was worth it for us to save some money as the resort charges $2.50 per each and I beleive we paid around $0.60 per each one.

Originally Posted by Wicket76 View Post

JayKay- you said you brought your own chair ties -. How long should they be and how much did you spend? We have about 40 people coming so not sure if there will be a cost savings to bring my own.