Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

We chose to write our own as these vows were so religious.  We had a legal ceremony and were able to use our own.  There were only a few extra sentences he added to the ones we wrote, which I am assuming as sentences that need to be included to make it legal. 

Originally Posted by cdnbridelinzy View Post

So I had emailed Chandlynn asking what the vows were and I recieved them back and they are SUPER religious, and I am not okay with using them.  I emailed her back asking if the minister had to use those vows to make it legal, and I didnt really get a straight answer back.  What did previous brides do that didnt want to use the religous vows provided by the resort?

Here is what she sent me:

Vow Script

Who gives this woman to be married to this man?

Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of God and these witnesses to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony.

The apostle Paul in his writings declared marriage to be a Holy Estate instituted by God therefore it ought not to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly but reverently, respectfully and in the love of God. Into this Holy Estate these two now come to be joined. Give heed therefore to the questions I ask you.

………….Do you take ……. to be your lawful wedding husband/wife to have and to hold from this day forward for better, for worse, for richer for poorer in sickness and in health, to love, honor and cherish for as long as you both shall live.

………..I take you to be my husband/wife,

To have and to hold from this day forward,

For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health,

To love, honor and to cherish for as long as we both shall live.

This is my solemn vow to you.

Rings:

……..I give you this ring as a token of the Covenant made between us this day and as a pledge of our mutual love, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen

Having pledge your faith in, and live to each other and having sealed your solemn marital vows by giving and receiving rings in the presence of the Almighty and these witnesses here gathered on the island of Jamaica this 21st day of October 2010 I now pronounce you husband and wife.

The Lord Bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. The Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you Peace . Amen

On behalf of the Management and Wedding Planners of the Gran Bahia Principe I take in great pleasure to present to you Mr. & Mrs……………………...!!!!.

Here is a copy of the vows we wrote.  Hopefully they will help someone out.

Opening

Good afternoon, we meet here today surrounded by the beautiful ocean and blue sky to celebrate one of lifeâ€s most joyous occasions and to add our best wishes to the words which shall unite Mason and Jayne in marriage.  In the time they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife.

On behalf of Mason and Jayne, I welcome you and thank you all for gathering here on this beautiful day to witness their marriage ceremony. The fact that you all have travelled such a great distance to be here today is a testament to the amazing amount of love and support they have. All of you have given them much happiness, love, warmth, and guidance through the various stages of their lives. They would like to sincerely thank you all for being here to celebrate their special day.

Ceremony

Marriage is an affirmation of life, an undying commitment, a spiritual, emotional, and intellectual bond between two people. It is created from the purest of friendship, respect and love. The institution of marriage should not be entered into lightly, as it is true commitment on every level.

Marriage has been described as living in love with your best friend; an adventure in the most intimate of human relationships. It is the mutual commitment of two people sincerely in love who share the same dreams about life, their fears and desire of family. The vow of marriage is a pledge of their everlasting love, whereby, they commit to share all life has to offer.

The marriage between Mason and Jayne does not mark the beginning of a new relationship; rather, it is an acknowledgement and celebration of a relationship that has been flourishing since they met.

Love is the longing two people feel for one another. It is the need to share, in body and spirit, the warmth, serenity and peace two people can give to one another. A simple touch, a hand held at a time of uncertainty.  Love is lifeâ€s highest emotion. It makes us less selfish, it makes our personalities grow, and it makes our lives more meaningful. It is caring about the welfare and happiness of your partner as your own. Love makes burdens lighter because you divide them. It makes joys more intense because you share them. And it makes you stronger so you can reach out and become involved with life in ways you dared not risk alone.

A successful marriage takes more than just love. It takes trust, to know in your hearts that you want only the best for each other. It takes dedication, to stay open to one another, to learn and grow, even when it is difficult to do so. And it takes faith, to go forward together without knowing what the future holds for you both.

Mason and Jayne, you have chosen to walk through life together. There is no truer statement of love. The choice was not made by any one moment, but by being together you grew to realize that you belonged together and that you fulfilled each otherâ€s needs. You have come to thrive upon each otherâ€s presence, loyalty and wisdom. The foundation of your love is profound friendship. A friendship you have nurtured until at last you realized that you wanted to be together always. The commitment you make today will be the foundation on which you will build your life together.

Vows

Mason please repeat after me:

I, Mason, choose you, Jayne to be my wife. 

I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems difficult, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort.

I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard.

I promise to support you and to be there for you no matter what.

These things I give to you today, and for all the days of our life.

Jayne please repeat after me:

I, Jayne, choose you, Mason to be my husband. 

I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems difficult, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort.

Rings

May I have the rings please.

Notice that these rings are a perfect circle, with no beginning and no end. They represent the unconditional love that you have for one another. Let these rings serve as a bond between you and wear them with honor and pride, as they are a visible reminder of the vows and promises that you will make here today.

Mason, as you place this ring on Jayneâ€s finger, repeat after me.

I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and commitment to you and a lasting reminder of the vows made between us today. With this ring I marry you and join my life to yours.

Jayne, as you place this ring on Masonâ€s finger, repeat after me.

I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and commitment to you and a lasting reminder of the vows made between us today. With this ring I marry you and join my life to yours.

Engagement Ring

The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention. Now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled. Mason, place the engagement ring on Jayneâ€s finger over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage.

May the sacredness of this moment and the vows and rings you have exchanged ever remain as a priceless memory in the heart of each of you.

Signing of Marriage Certificate

Sand Ceremony

Mason and Jayne,

Before you met, your lives were on separate roads, each going in different directions and seemingly leading to different destinations.  But somewhere along the way, through some twist of fate, you met and fell in love. Today, standing beside the ocean, you find yourselves together at the entrance of a new path, as you promise to forever join your once separate journeys into one.

You have just sealed your marriage by giving and receiving of rings. Although you will be sharing one life, never forget that you are two separate people.  Cherish and affirm your differences.  Love each other. Together you will laugh and cry, be sick and well, be happy and angry, share and grow. Grow sometimes together, sometimes separately.

To symbolize this union and the importance of the individuals within the marriage, two separate colors of sand will be combined. Each container of sand represents the separate journeys you once were on. In a moment I will ask that you both blend your individual containers of sand together, representing the coming together as husband and wife through your marriage, into one.

I now ask that you blend your containers of sand together.

Mason and Jayne, as the sand has blended together, your lives are now joined; your separate journeys through life are now one. Just as these grains of sand can never be serperated and poured into the individual container, so will your marriage be a molding of two individual personalities, bonded  together forming one heart, one life, and one family.

Closing

Mason and Jayne, remember to give to one another new experiences of joy. Challenge one another so that you may grow. May the love you hold for each other, now sealed in marriage, continue to mature with the passing years. May you never take each other for granted, but always experience the wonder of your union. Be slow to anger, quick to forgive, leaving no tracks of resentment behind each day.

We who are present today, hope that the inspiration of this moment will never be forgotten. May all your days and years to come be filled with vision, joy and passion. May the love you now share continue to grow, and may the happiness you bring to each other be a continuing part of your life together. May you continue to live well, laugh often and love much and enjoy each and every day, believing in yourself and believing in each other. May your love be a sanctuary and a source from which you draw strength to live your lives with enthusiasm and imagination. May the people you touch in your lifetime know how much you love and care for one another and may you love one another forever.

Presentation of Couple

Mason and Jayne, you have expressed your love and commitment, and promised each other the joy of all your days before family and friends; along with the sun, the sand, and the sea, it gives me great pleasure to pronounce you as husband and wife.

You may kiss your bride!

Family and friends, it is my honor to present to you for the very first time, Mr. and Mrs. Mason and Jayne Jensen.

Wow!

I wish I would have found this earlier.

I have just started dealing with the wedding planner, and I am getting nervous, everyone is planning so far in advance.

We used a TA, and she has been dealing with them for over a year now, and we did specifically tell her we didn't want anything over the top, or stressful. Everyone's questions&answers on here have been very helpful. We have 37 people booked to come with us, and we are leaving January 31st as to have a week there before everyone else. (they are coming Feb 7-14th) That way we can get everything figured out, and spend time with our people. 

All I have left to do are the favors, and we are waiting on our bridal party gifts.

Anyone have any last minute advice/things to MAKE SURE to pack? 

Also, I noticed a lot of you brought silk bouquets for the bridal party with them. I was hoping to bring nothing, but are extra bouquets and boutonnieres that much more money? I had budgeted on $70/ per extra bouquets. Anyone know?

Thanks everyone!

Cheers

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

Opening

Good afternoon, we meet here today surrounded by the beautiful ocean and blue sky to celebrate one of lifeâ€s most joyous occasions and to add our best wishes to the words which shall unite Mason and Jayne in marriage.  In the time they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife.

On behalf of Mason and Jayne, I welcome you and thank you all for gathering here on this beautiful day to witness their marriage ceremony. The fact that you all have travelled such a great distance to be here today is a testament to the amazing amount of love and support they have. All of you have given them much happiness, love, warmth, and guidance through the various stages of their lives. They would like to sincerely thank you all for being here to celebrate their special day.

Ceremony

Marriage is an affirmation of life, an undying commitment, a spiritual, emotional, and intellectual bond between two people. It is created from the purest of friendship, respect and love. The institution of marriage should not be entered into lightly, as it is true commitment on every level.

Marriage has been described as living in love with your best friend; an adventure in the most intimate of human relationships. It is the mutual commitment of two people sincerely in love who share the same dreams about life, their fears and desire of family. The vow of marriage is a pledge of their everlasting love, whereby, they commit to share all life has to offer.

The marriage between Mason and Jayne does not mark the beginning of a new relationship; rather, it is an acknowledgement and celebration of a relationship that has been flourishing since they met.

Love is the longing two people feel for one another. It is the need to share, in body and spirit, the warmth, serenity and peace two people can give to one another. A simple touch, a hand held at a time of uncertainty.  Love is lifeâ€s highest emotion. It makes us less selfish, it makes our personalities grow, and it makes our lives more meaningful. It is caring about the welfare and happiness of your partner as your own. Love makes burdens lighter because you divide them. It makes joys more intense because you share them. And it makes you stronger so you can reach out and become involved with life in ways you dared not risk alone.

A successful marriage takes more than just love. It takes trust, to know in your hearts that you want only the best for each other. It takes dedication, to stay open to one another, to learn and grow, even when it is difficult to do so. And it takes faith, to go forward together without knowing what the future holds for you both.

Mason and Jayne, you have chosen to walk through life together. There is no truer statement of love. The choice was not made by any one moment, but by being together you grew to realize that you belonged together and that you fulfilled each otherâ€s needs. You have come to thrive upon each otherâ€s presence, loyalty and wisdom. The foundation of your love is profound friendship. A friendship you have nurtured until at last you realized that you wanted to be together always. The commitment you make today will be the foundation on which you will build your life together.

Vows

Rings

Notice that these rings are a perfect circle, with no beginning and no end. They represent the unconditional love that you have for one another. Let these rings serve as a bond between you and wear them with honor and pride, as they are a visible reminder of the vows and promises that you will make here today.

Engagement Ring

The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention. Now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled. Mason, place the engagement ring on Jayneâ€s finger over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage.

May the sacredness of this moment and the vows and rings you have exchanged ever remain as a priceless memory in the heart of each of you.

Sand Ceremony

Mason and Jayne,

Before you met, your lives were on separate roads, each going in different directions and seemingly leading to different destinations.  But somewhere along the way, through some twist of fate, you met and fell in love. Today, standing beside the ocean, you find yourselves together at the entrance of a new path, as you promise to forever join your once separate journeys into one.

You have just sealed your marriage by giving and receiving of rings. Although you will be sharing one life, never forget that you are two separate people.  Cherish and affirm your differences.  Love each other. Together you will laugh and cry, be sick and well, be happy and angry, share and grow. Grow sometimes together, sometimes separately.

To symbolize this union and the importance of the individuals within the marriage, two separate colors of sand will be combined. Each container of sand represents the separate journeys you once were on. In a moment I will ask that you both blend your individual containers of sand together, representing the coming together as husband and wife through your marriage, into one.

Mason and Jayne, as the sand has blended together, your lives are now joined; your separate journeys through life are now one. Just as these grains of sand can never be serperated and poured into the individual container, so will your marriage be a molding of two individual personalities, bonded  together forming one heart, one life, and one family.

Closing

Mason and Jayne, remember to give to one another new experiences of joy. Challenge one another so that you may grow. May the love you hold for each other, now sealed in marriage, continue to mature with the passing years. May you never take each other for granted, but always experience the wonder of your union. Be slow to anger, quick to forgive, leaving no tracks of resentment behind each day.

We who are present today, hope that the inspiration of this moment will never be forgotten. May all your days and years to come be filled with vision, joy and passion. May the love you now share continue to grow, and may the happiness you bring to each other be a continuing part of your life together. May you continue to live well, laugh often and love much and enjoy each and every day, believing in yourself and believing in each other. May your love be a sanctuary and a source from which you draw strength to live your lives with enthusiasm and imagination. May the people you touch in your lifetime know how much you love and care for one another and may you love one another forever.

Presentation of Couple

Mason and Jayne, you have expressed your love and commitment, and promised each other the joy of all your days before family and friends; along with the sun, the sand, and the sea, it gives me great pleasure to pronounce you as husband and wife.

You may kiss your bride!

Family and friends, it is my honor to present to you for the very first time, Mr. and Mrs. Mason and Jayne Jensen.

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

Opening

Ceremony

Vows

Rings

Engagement Ring

Sand Ceremony

Mason and Jayne,

Closing

Presentation of Couple

Mason and Jayne, you have expressed your love and commitment, and promised each other the joy of all your days before family and friends; along with the sun, the sand, and the sea, it gives me great pleasure to pronounce you as husband and wife.T

You may kiss your bride!

These are beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us all.  I get the idea now of where I need to start and the kind of things I need to include.  Do they have to take up a particular amount of time? or could they be quite short? Thanks again.

I purchased one extra bouquet and an extra boutineer and I beleive the cost for both was around $45.  I had the basic bouquet though, so if you want something more deluxe it probably will cost more money.

Originally Posted by Melly21112 View Post

Wow!

I wish I would have found this earlier.

I have just started dealing with the wedding planner, and I am getting nervous, everyone is planning so far in advance.

We used a TA, and she has been dealing with them for over a year now, and we did specifically tell her we didn't want anything over the top, or stressful. Everyone's questions&answers on here have been very helpful. We have 37 people booked to come with us, and we are leaving January 31st as to have a week there before everyone else. (they are coming Feb 7-14th) That way we can get everything figured out, and spend time with our people. 

All I have left to do are the favors, and we are waiting on our bridal party gifts.

Anyone have any last minute advice/things to MAKE SURE to pack? 

Also, I noticed a lot of you brought silk bouquets for the bridal party with them. I was hoping to bring nothing, but are extra bouquets and boutonnieres that much more money? I had budgeted on $70/ per extra bouquets. Anyone know?

Thanks everyone!

Cheers

Our ceremony start to finish was probably 15-20 minutes.  I think it was the perfect length.  Glad I could help you get started.  And there is a great breeze down at the gazebo so none of our guests complained that it was too hot.

Originally Posted by cdnbridelinzy View Post

That is so great! msnwink.gifThanks JayKay, at least now I have something to kinda get me started. It is beautiful! How long did the ceremony end up taking?  I know we are planning on doing the sane ceremony as well too, I just dont want it to be too long with there being no shade for the ceremony.

Yes you put what you own down there on a credit card.  Enjoy your wedding! You must be getting so excited!

Originally Posted by pask454 View Post

Love your ceremony JayKay!

Does anyone know if you can put the rest of what you owe for the wedding on a credit card while your down there? I leave in 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think there is a set time limit they need to be.  Ours took about 15-20 minutes.

Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post

These are beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us all.  I get the idea now of where I need to start and the kind of things I need to include.  Do they have to take up a particular amount of time? or could they be quite short? Thanks again.