Jump to content

Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#3931 MrsViolo

MrsViolo
  • Newbie
  • 117 posts

    Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

    I just heard back today that the white covers are included in the price - which was unexpected! So ill just need to pay 2.50 per chair for the sashes. She also mentioned that they do have wooden white chairs but those are an additional cost. [quote name="sbelland" url="/t/51518/any-gran-bahia-principe-runaway-bay-brides-out-there/3870#post_1846752"]The ugly banquest chairs are the only ones that they have, thus you basically have to use the chair covers. I know that there were some weddings however that did not use the sashes and just had the white chair covers. I would try and negotiate for this if you wanted to use your own decorations at a lower cost although they do a very good job with the what they have. Keep in mind though that if you want any of your decorations back to put someone in charge of collecting them after the ceremony. We were never offered any of our decorations back or were able to use them at the reception. It wasn't a big deal for us but I know for others having an at home reception they were very upset about not being able to reuse them.

    #3932 MrsViolo

    MrsViolo
    • Newbie
    • 117 posts

      Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

      I'm not sure if this is the most up to date!

       

       

      Groups Menus

      Set menu applies for groups more than 12 pax

       

      Please choose one option as a startes , one option as a second course, one main dish and one dessert (menu is 3 dishes)

       

      page5image10896
       
       

      Garden Grill

      Soups. Crèmes. Starters

      ï€Onion Soup au Gratin with Bread Crouton

      ï€Beef and Vegetable Soup

      ï€Mexican Tortilla Soup

      Second Dish

      ï€Coleslaw Salad

      ï€Caesar salad with chicken

      ï€Blue Cheese Salad

      Main Dish

      ï€Mix Grill
      ï€Snapper with Balsamic Sauce and Tequila Reduction

      ï€Grilled Lamb Chops with Baked Potatoes

      Dessert

      Cheese cake

      Lemon pie

      Apple crumble

      Coffee

      Wine

      White –Red Wine from the House

      Beverage – Sprint Water

       

      Dolce Vita - Italian

      Soups. Crèmes. Starters

      ï€Cream of Tomato and fresh Basil

      ï€Minestrone Soup

      ï€Caprese Salad

      Second Dish

      ï€Spinach Ravioli with Sauce "Boscaiola"

      ï€Neapolitan Penne Rigatto

      ï€Cream of Roasted Squash and Thyme

      Main Dish

      ï€Beef Scaloppini with Fungi Sauce Porcini

      ï€Seafood Chopping
      ï€Chicken breast with ricotta, walnuts and bacon - basil - risotto crunch

      Dessert

      ï€Tiramisu
      ï€Panna
      cotta
      ï€Profiteroles with Cream and Chocolate Coulis

      Coffee

      Wine

      White –Red Wine from the House Beverage – Sprint Water

      Vegetarian Menu

      Main Dish

      Fried Spinach Pasta

      Vegetable Mousaka

      Peppers filled with Risotto

      Gratin Zucchini

      Crepes filled with Veggies

      page5image26912
      page5image27184    


      #3933 MrsViolo

      MrsViolo
      • Newbie
      • 117 posts

        Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

        I thought the sound and DJ package was more... see below from the events manual I have. 

         

        Sound + DJ Package - Up to 100 pax

         

        (2 Speakers, Mixer, Double CD, wireless microphones, DJ for 4 hours)

        US$ 550.00

        Our technical team will set up all equipment contracted inside the meeting room and will be assinting before the event.

        If you need a technical service during the event it will have an extra charge of $ 200.00 (4 hours). If you provide your audiovisual equipment, it will be charged with 20% of our sell prices. You need to specify us of all the audiovisual equipment you will bring. The hotel is not responsible if the audiovisual equipments are not compatibles with the hotel connections, plugs or client laptop.

        All the audiovisual system that the hotel needs to contract with external suppliers will have ann extra charge for transportation of US$ 100 



        #3934 nknn

        nknn
        • Newbie
        • 2 posts

          Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

          Hi all. I'm new on here. Getting married June 2013 in gran bahia principle resort jamaica. Anyone else having a June wedding there? I was wondering what happens because my ceremony is at 11am, when does the reception takes place and can you hire a reception area out? Any advice or experience you have or know would be really good

          #3935 belledame

          belledame
          • Jr. Member
          • 195 posts

            Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

            Originally Posted by MrsViolo 

            I thought the sound and DJ package was more... see below from the events manual I have. 

             

            Sound + DJ Package - Up to 100 pax

             

            (2 Speakers, Mixer, Double CD, wireless microphones, DJ for 4 hours)

            US$ 550.00

            Our technical team will set up all equipment contracted inside the meeting room and will be assinting before the event.

            If you need a technical service during the event it will have an extra charge of $ 200.00 (4 hours). If you provide your audiovisual equipment, it will be charged with 20% of our sell prices. You need to specify us of all the audiovisual equipment you will bring. The hotel is not responsible if the audiovisual equipments are not compatibles with the hotel connections, plugs or client laptop.

            All the audiovisual system that the hotel needs to contract with external suppliers will have ann extra charge for transportation of US$ 100 


            Is the Sound + DJ Package for a private dinner?



            #3936 SarahJ

            SarahJ
            • Newbie
            • 92 posts

              Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

              Hi ladies. 

               

              I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and is now looking forward to the New Year celebrations.

               

              Just a couple of questions.  1) should I be requesting a menu for my reception meal at the Dolce Vita and inform them what meals we want before we arrive ?  I just assumed this was a set menu that we'd choose from on the night of the wedding.  2) Does the minister for the wedding have the standard marriage vows as we are not writing our own, we are happy with just the standard wedding vows but i'm not sure if i'm meant to take them or if they already have them at the hotel? Thanks.



              #3937 JayKay

              JayKay
              • Sr. Member
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

              Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

              We chose our menu once we had our meeting with the wedding planners, a few days before our wedding.  We had to pick one option from each category but it could be from either menu. You do not get to choose on the wedding night, and all guests get the same options.  My mom has a severe dairy allergy so they were able to give her a few different meals so she could at least eat something.

               

              We wrote our vows as the ones they use are really religious and we arent very religious.  We chose to write our own instead. 

              Originally Posted by SarahJ 

              Hi ladies. 

               

              I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and is now looking forward to the New Year celebrations.

               

              Just a couple of questions.  1) should I be requesting a menu for my reception meal at the Dolce Vita and inform them what meals we want before we arrive ?  I just assumed this was a set menu that we'd choose from on the night of the wedding.  2) Does the minister for the wedding have the standard marriage vows as we are not writing our own, we are happy with just the standard wedding vows but i'm not sure if i'm meant to take them or if they already have them at the hotel? Thanks.



              #3938 MrsViolo

              MrsViolo
              • Newbie
              • 117 posts

                Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

                Is there away to get a hold of the vows they use ahead of time? If its VERY religious we may consider writing our own vows as well. 



                #3939 MrsViolo

                MrsViolo
                • Newbie
                • 117 posts

                  Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

                  Hi Everyone,

                   

                  I'm wondering what your experiences have been with the GBP photographer and videographer?

                   

                  Are they any good? For the people that used them, how did the photos turn out? how much time did they spend with you? and what types of prices did they quote for videos and additional photos that were not included in the package? 

                   

                  I'm getting the impression that those that used them were not really happy?



                  #3940 sbelland

                  sbelland
                  • Newbie
                  • 47 posts

                    Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

                    I used an outside photographer and would highly recommend doing so. We got 11 free photos from the hotel photographers and were so happy that we decided to get another photographer to be there to capture our special moments. We used Stacey Clarke and would highly recommend her as our pictures were gorgeous!!!! 

                     

                    Stacey and her assistant actually caught the hotel photographer sleeping during the ceremony on the beach instead of taking our pictures and he clearly fancied one of my bridesmaids as most of our wedding pictures were of her and not us. If those were the only pictures we had, I would have been very upset. The funny part is that they take all of the pictures and put them on their computers in their 'studio' and modify them to make it seem like you have many more photos to choose from. We had one picture altered four different ways and they claimed that they were all different pictures. 

                     

                    Unfortunately I know that they had recently made a change to the outside photographer policies and have an $800 charge for them to be there. We avoided this by having Stacey stay the night as she was now a hotel guest we did not have to pay the vendor fee. 

                     

                    Originally Posted by MrsViolo 

                    Hi Everyone,

                     

                    I'm wondering what your experiences have been with the GBP photographer and videographer?

                     

                    Are they any good? For the people that used them, how did the photos turn out? how much time did they spend with you? and what types of prices did they quote for videos and additional photos that were not included in the package? 

                     

                    I'm getting the impression that those that used them were not really happy?

                     






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users