Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Originally Posted by greatbritain View Post

I leave tomorrow for my wedding! I promise once I get back I will post a full review :) AH!!!

Have a fantastic time! Hope your wedding is everything you ever imagined it was!  Can't wait to hear your review!

Hi Kristo, you indicated that you used your ipod for music at your reception party at the gazebo....did you have to bring your own speakers, or is there some kind of speaker system at the gazebo?

Originally Posted by Kristo View Post

After the dinner we all headed back down to the gazebo for the party!  We didn't hire the dj, nor did we hire a bartender.    Instead we just paid the $250 for the gazebo rental and brought our ipod full of music with a special playlist for the wedding especially.  Some of our friends had gone into town that morning and picked up lots of rum, vodka, beer and wine and had it all ready to go for us down there.  The only problem was there was no ice (that Donnalee had promised).  So after they ran back a couple times to find out where it was, they came down and delivered it to us.  While we were waiting for that though we set off the sky lanterns that we brought down.  They were a HUGE hit and everyone just loved them!  Some didn't quite make it up in the air and crashed into the ocean, but people still had a lot of fun doing them, taking pictures of them and making wishes. 

Next was our first dance… it was beautiful!  We had provided everyone with sparklers and while we were dancing we looked around the entire gazebo and saw them all a glow!  It was another magical moment for us! 

When you rent the gazebo you're only supposed to have it for 2 hours… they kept the lights and power on till midnight for us, which was great!  After that, some people called it a night, while others changed and headed to the disco!

Hey there, we tried to get them in bulk but the company doesn't sell them that way.  We got them from Canadian Tire.  They are normally about $13 each, but each spring and fall they got on sale for $6.99, so if you can swing it, get them then as you'll be saving a bunch of cash!

Originally Posted by Geral View Post

Hi Kristo,

The Bubba Kegs appear to be a great idea. Did you buy the bubba kegs in bulk?  Where did you find them, and how much did it cost you?

Since we didn't hire the DJ it was all up to us.  So we brought an ipod dock with us, and then our ipod.  It worked out perfectly because we had sat down and picked all the songs we wanted for the night (worked out to about 3 hours of music) and put them in order as well.  So after the first dance, father/daughter, mother/son dance, it just played all night long, with our pre-set paylist.   Worked out perfectly!

Originally Posted by Geral View Post

Hi Kristo, you indicated that you used your ipod for music at your reception party at the gazebo....did you have to bring your own speakers, or is there some kind of speaker system at the gazebo?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

My fiancee and I visited Gran Bahia Principle last July and had an amazing holiday - gorgeous resort, brilliant atmosphere and trips and just a truly fantastic time. We got engaged last November and are now planning are wedding for July 2014 at Gran Bahia Principle. I have read through most of this thread- thanks for all the advice and wedding pics which have been shared.

Just wondering if you could answer a couple of questions about wearing your wedding dress in Jamaica- How did it feel? How many hours could you wear it for? 

Thanks!

Hello Destination Brides,

I have purchased my Totes for the Welcome bags, and have no idea where to start in terms of decorating them. Iron on transfers won't work...and I was thinking of adding a pretty tag and perhaps a pretty flower..!  Then I thought of it may end up coming off during the packing and traveling.! Here is a picture...ideas welcomed...!  

bag.jpg

I think if you added a colorful tag they would look great.  With out OOT bags we wanted to make them pretty simple so people would actually use them and re use them once home.  I do agree that a flower may come off while in transport, and not everyone (guys) probably dont want flowers on their bags.  We did a colorful tag to spruce up our bags and our guests could take it off if they wanted to.

Originally Posted by Stay cee1 View Post

Hello Destination Brides,

I have purchased my Totes for the Welcome bags, and have no idea where to start in terms of decorating them. Iron on transfers won't work...and I was thinking of adding a pretty tag and perhaps a pretty flower..!  Then I thought of it may end up coming off during the packing and traveling.! Here is a picture...ideas welcomed...!  

bag.jpg

Thanks Kristo.  I didn't think about it that way but it makes sense. Guys don't appreciate these things as much as the ladies do, but we don't want them to feel left out, so I was thinking of doing Mugs for the guys! 

I agree with the colorful tag as it also will be easier, and cost effective!