Ill try to answer what I can! Your wedding is fast approaching, you must be getting so excited!
1. Our group had all our reservations pre booked when we arrived at the resort. They handed us a piece of paper will all the dates and restraints for them. If your tour company doesn't do this (which turned into a big headache anyway) I believe you book them when you arrive, as soon as you can if you want certain restraints and times.
2. We had a few guests in section 17, which was a pretty nice section. Close to everything. We were way over on the other side in section 23. It was far away from everything.
3. I was really happy I brought my own shampoo and conditioner!! The stuff the resort provides is crap. My husband didn't even use it, and he will usually use anything. It was that bad! If you plan on doing Dunns river falls, bring water shoes. You can buy them at the resort but they are crappy and expensive. I also wish we would have brought our own snorkel gear. You can rent some from the hut at the resort for free, but you only get them for an hour and the entire week we were there all the equipment was rented the entire time. Some of our group bought some there, which was really expensive and cheap quality. Bring your own if you plan on snorkeling!
4. Because we were in the club golden section our pool towels were included in our room when we arrived (From what I understand if you are not in the club golden you have to get them from the towel stand with towel cards that are left in your room). It was really nice, however, we had no idea that you can exchange your towels once a day at the towel hut. We used the same pool towels all week because no one mentioned that we could exchange them. I also wish I would have known that the spa doesn't take cash. Everything from the spa (such as bridal hair and makeup) gets charged to your room.
5. We would tip the bartenders a dollar or two every couple of drinks. If you tip with every drink you will be really poor really quick. The drinks they make are really tiny cups so they sure don't last long. The maid cleans the room twice a day, so we would leave a couple bucks in the morning and a couple bucks in the afternoon (if we were back in our room, most days we left in the morning and didn't go back until the evening to get ready for supper). We found that when we tipped the maid our room was cleaned better and our mini fridge was well stocked. We brought about $150 dollars worth of American $1s. We went through probably half of them in the week we were there.
Hope that helps!
Originally Posted by greatbritain
Hi ladies! I haven't posted in here in a while because I've been super busy but my wedding is rapidly approaching! (June 21!!) Any ladies who have recently been to Gran Bahia (JayKay?) I have a few questions (and I super apologize if these have been answered, I haven't read through the old posts in months and months and the newer ones that I have skimmed through didn't have these answered):
1. When do you make reservations for the restaurants?
2. I requested to be placed in Block 13 because I wanted to be more centralized as per someone's post here, but is there a location others prefered?
3. Anything specific you wish you had brought but didn't or things you brought that you were very happy you did?
4. Anything specific you wish you had known but didn't?
5. What kind of tips did you leave for the bartenders/maid staff? Just trying to get an idea of how much to bring!
I am not too nervous or anxious, I feel pretty as ease but I am getting asked some of these questions and I don't really have any answers for some of the guests!