Jump to content

Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#3451 Kim Deslippe

Kim Deslippe
  • Newbie
  • 85 posts

    Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

    Question for the recent brides...I remember reading somewhere in the 342 pages here , that the resort does not have face clothes in the rooms.  I this correct?  I was at making some returns at Zellers today and noticed that they had B1G1 on some of their towels, face clothes, etc....came across some face clothes that were a 10pk for 4.97.  We are figuring on having a fairly large group, so I grabbed 6-10pks, which ended up being 60 face clothes for about $16.00 that I can put in OOT/Welcome bags...SCORE!! 

    But if the resort does have them, I'll just return them and keep my eyes peeled for other hot deals!



    #3452 Natalie2012

    Natalie2012
    • Jr. Member
    • 212 posts

      Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

      As far as I know they do not have face cloths...I have added them to my oot bags too:)

       

      Originally Posted by Kim Deslippe 

      Question for the recent brides...I remember reading somewhere in the 342 pages here , that the resort does not have face clothes in the rooms.  I this correct?  I was at making some returns at Zellers today and noticed that they had B1G1 on some of their towels, face clothes, etc....came across some face clothes that were a 10pk for 4.97.  We are figuring on having a fairly large group, so I grabbed 6-10pks, which ended up being 60 face clothes for about $16.00 that I can put in OOT/Welcome bags...SCORE!! 

      But if the resort does have them, I'll just return them and keep my eyes peeled for other hot deals!



       



      #3453 JayKay

      JayKay
      • Sr. Member
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

      Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

      We had face clothes in our rooms, two of them.  We were in the royal golden so I'm not sure if thats why we had them or if anyone has them.  I did bring my own though because I had heard some people say there were some but others say there wasn't, so I think it would be a great thing to include in the OOT bags.



      #3454 Jamaicanmecrazy

      Jamaicanmecrazy
      • Newbie
      • 94 posts

        Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:17 AM

        What are the options for a private dinner? I am expecting around 30 guests 



        #3455 dbric

        dbric
        • Newbie
        • 2 posts

          Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

          Hi All. I did a search of this thread and couldn't find the answer I'm looking for.

           

          Do any of you past of future guests of this resort know if you can arrange to have a Projector/TV available during the wedding reception to play a video or powerpoint presentation?

           

          Thanks



          #3456 dbric

          dbric
          • Newbie
          • 2 posts

            Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

            Hi All. I did a search of this thread and couldn't find the answer I'm looking for.

             

            Do any of you past of future guests of this resort know if you can arrange to have a Projector/TV available during the wedding reception to play a video or powerpoint presentation?

             

            Thanks



            #3457 JayKay

            JayKay
            • Sr. Member
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

            Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

            I imagine the only way you would be able to do this is if you were having a private reception by paying the money to rent out a restraurant.  Even then, Im not sure if they offer this option at the resort.

             

            Originally Posted by dbric 

            Hi All. I did a search of this thread and couldn't find the answer I'm looking for.

             

            Do any of you past of future guests of this resort know if you can arrange to have a Projector/TV available during the wedding reception to play a video or powerpoint presentation?

             

            Thanks



             



            #3458 Kim Deslippe

            Kim Deslippe
            • Newbie
            • 85 posts

              Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

              Thanks JayKay....I have an email out to the resort to check and my TA said he would see what he could find out too!!
               

              Originally Posted by JayKay 

              We had face clothes in our rooms, two of them.  We were in the royal golden so I'm not sure if thats why we had them or if anyone has them.  I did bring my own though because I had heard some people say there were some but others say there wasn't, so I think it would be a great thing to include in the OOT bags.



               



              #3459 Kim Deslippe

              Kim Deslippe
              • Newbie
              • 85 posts

                Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

                As far as I am aware they do not privatize for anything less then 45 guests, which kinda sucks because if you do want to privatize a restaurant it is about $2500 and the Pisces is $1700.  So if your paying that kind of money who cares how many guests you have.  They do however offer the Dolce as a semi private space because it kinda has a room off to the side.

                 

                I would suggest that you contact the WC at the resort because they seem to be making quite a few changes this year and who knows, they could have changed the policy on this too!!  This site is wonderful and super helpful, but contacting the resort with your questions is you best bet to make plans for anything because then you also have your correspondence with them as evidence of what the quoted you for stuff.
                 

                Originally Posted by Jamaicanmecrazy 

                What are the options for a private dinner? I am expecting around 30 guests 



                 



                #3460 pask454

                pask454
                • Newbie
                • 75 posts

                  Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

                  Kim, could you let us know what the resort has to say about the face cloths? Thanks so much!!!

                   

                  It makes me so nervous that the resort is doing all these changes all of the sudden...I hope everything turns out good...for everyone! ahh!!






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users