Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#3301 JayKay

JayKay
  • 3,472 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

4mins is plenty of time.  My song was probably 3:30 but definetly didn't need all of it.  I was walking so fast anyways so It probably only took 1-2 mins.  My mom actually told me to slow down haha!

Originally Posted by Kim Deslippe 

I know this question has been asked before but I cannot seem to find the page it's on; about how long is the walk to the gazebo from the drop off point?  I have found the song I want to walk down to and it's about 4 min. long and I want to make sure it's long enough.  Thanks!!

http://weddingmusicp...-road?permalink

#3302 GBP2012

GBP2012
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

Quick question about footwear for men.

We have advised our group that long pants are required for a la carte and the reception, and we have heard men are also not permitted to wear sandals in the a la carte restaurants?

Did you find that to be true, or were the men able to get away with long pants and sandals?

Just curious!

#3303 shimmer1614

shimmer1614
    • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

Men are allowed sandals with their long pants!

#3304 Kim Deslippe

Kim Deslippe
      • 85 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:24 AM

Thanks ladies!!  I good with the whole song not being played, just wanted to make sure that is was long enough.  I probably be one to walk too fast also; I'll have to have my dad slow me down!!

Originally Posted by shimmer1614 

To answer some questions... 

The walk down the aisle looks long but its not really, i had a song about 4min and it was plenty of time!

Also, we brought a photographer and as long as they were a paying guest (which she was), there was no extra charge!

And i WOULD NOT recommend paying extra for the open bar service. They absolutely don't care if you bring in your own bottles and we later found out that our guests were ordering liquor drinks from the waiters and they made them no problem, no charge!

Originally Posted by acw271011 

it definitely isn't 4 mins! lol  that's more than enough time! and they'll turn it off when you get to the steps of the gazebo anyway.

Originally Posted by JayKay 

4mins is plenty of time.  My song was probably 3:30 but definetly didn't need all of it.  I was walking so fast anyways so It probably only took 1-2 mins.  My mom actually told me to slow down haha!

#3305 ashley490

ashley490
        • 136 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

The walk only took me about a minute.  I walked a little fast but it's not like I was running lol!  I'd say even if you walked slower (which I don't think most brides do since we're anxious to get up there) then a minute and a half would be about right.

Originally Posted by Kim Deslippe 

Thanks ladies!!  I good with the whole song not being played, just wanted to make sure that is was long enough.  I probably be one to walk too fast also; I'll have to have my dad slow me down!!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012

#3306 ashley490

ashley490
          • 136 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Yes, men are allowed to wear sandals.  My hubby and his groomsmen all had sandals on and there was no problem.  We actually ate at all of the a la carte restaurants while there and we would see men wearing knee length shorts and sandals without issue.  The only a la carte that does firmly adhere to the long pants rule was Don Pablo's...but even then men were allowed to wear jeans.

Originally Posted by GBP2012 

We have advised our group that long pants are required for a la carte and the reception, and we have heard men are also not permitted to wear sandals in the a la carte restaurants?

Did you find that to be true, or were the men able to get away with long pants and sandals?

Just curious!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012

#3307 acw271011

acw271011
            • Moderators
            • 3,128 posts
            • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
            • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
            • LocationToronto Area

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

we were told for wedding dinner for wedding party sandals are ok in the a la cartes, but otherwise proper shoes and attire are requested. having said that we did see people improperly dressed and nothing was said to them. we saw jeans, shorts and sandals and I was tempted to ask why some people were told the rules and others weren't but we let it go.

Just curious!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#3308 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:10 PM

We went to all the a la cartes and the men wore sandals for all of them and there was never a problem.  They also wore shorts at all of them except for Don Pablo.  They were turned away at that restraunt to put pants on, but sandals were okay.  They were allowed to wear jeans as well.

Just curious!

#3309 GBP2012

GBP2012
            • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

Thanks for all the replies!! That made my fiance and his friends VERY happy!!

They were going to go out and buy boat shoes... but this made his night!

Less than 40 days to go so I may have some more questions!

lol

#3310 Jodiann

Jodiann
              • 21 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

Gotta question for the PAST BRIDES ..  are the room keys just standard (credit card) size? And do they have a hole in them to attach a lanyard or something? Im trying to get my welcome bags together and def want to add room key holders. Thanks so much for your help! =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users