Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

When I checked into having my dress steamed down there Chandlyn had informed me that the resort does not have a steamer.  She said that one of the local flower companies steams garments starting at $90usd and goes up from there depending on what you need done.

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride View Post

Is any one getting there dress steamed down there or know if the resort does do drycleaning or steaming???

That is good to hear!!!!! Hope your big day is amazing!!! Can't wait to hear all about it! Have fun!!!!

Originally Posted by acw271011 View Post

OMG ladies - this place is spectacular!!  4 days to go!!  the gazebo is just exactly what it is in the pics. it's gorgeous!!  can't wait for thursday!!  hair and nails trial on tuesday at 4 pm then the big day. going to do the sunset cruise tomorrow (Monday). sounds like fun. still trying to find someone to take our camera and do pics for us.

wish us luck. it's almost here and we're definitely in PARADISE!!!!  I'll try to update again later in the week. catching some rays today.

Hi Jodiann! I haven't heard anything else about it. I belive they will set it up according to how you want it. The Dj is included in the $1700.00 if you privitize it. You can also request that they continue to serve wine, beer soda and juice for the full 4hrs, for free! otherwise they will shut that down after 2hrs. You can bring your own liquor for the reception but they do charge a $15 corkage fee per bottle which is still cheaper. The food menu is from the Doycle Vita, all Italian. And its right by the ocean so there is a constant breeze flowing through. You don't have to privitize the restaurant but then you only have 2hrs for your dinner. I booked it because i liked the idea of being by the ocean. I also ordered 90 skylights to let off into the sky after the reception. I don't think you really have to have a minimum of guests. Hope this helps.

Angela

Originally Posted by Jodiann View Post

Hi Angela, I was wondering if you found out any other info about the Picsis? Like a min of guests, how they set it up, or anything really? I am thinking of renting this out also. I just like the idea of having everyone in the same place the entire time. Its just so hard to pick and choose when your not there to see any of it cry.gif

I fortunately didn't need to steam mine, but we purchased a cheap travel steamer from Bed Bath and Beyond to take with us for the bridesmaids dresses and his suit.  The resort only has an iron.

Originally Posted by ashley490 View Post

When I checked into having my dress steamed down there Chandlyn had informed me that the resort does not have a steamer.  She said that one of the local flower companies steams garments starting at $90usd and goes up from there depending on what you need done. 

I can't believe they said that about Dunn's River Falls.  I have been also and had a GREAT time.  My husband, who is really not into stuff like that was also glad we went.  Surprising. 

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride View Post

ACW-   WOW time has definately been flying by, Just think how long we've been on this forum discussing our weddings for so long. I am so happy for you I hope you have an amazing time and enjoy it truly  smile159.gif . I have been the same way it's not real yet for me. I was just talking to a friend that has been there and he said Dunn's river's falls is a rip off so just thought I would throw that out there.

Hi Natalie,

I wore heels.  The path is cobble stone, so like cupcake said, if you are not an experienced heel wearer, be cautious.  Recommend that you take them to rehearsal with you, so that you can get a feel for the walk.  It is a pretty long path, my song played the whole way thru.  I had my lady in waiting keep my flip flops on hand but I wanted to wear heels for the height.  I will say, the wind was blowing so darn hard, that my dress kept getting caught on my heels...it was funny because every few steps, I had to stop and regroup it on the fly ;-)

But because after the ceremony we IMMEDIATELY went into picture mode, and we took several pics on the cliffs/rocks, I knew my heels would show and wanted to make sure I showed them off ;-). 

My bridesmaids also opted for heels

Originally Posted by Natalie2012 View Post

Does anyone know what the walk down the isle is like (gazebo)...are wearing heals possible or is it a flip flop walk?? I just found some beautiful hot pink heals with bling bling on them that I would LOVE to try to wear...lol..I'm not a very experienced high heal walker either so I am torn...not sure what shoes to wear??  Thx ladies:):)

Hope this helps, these are pics others took at the reception.  I am convinced Gran Bahia kept some of my freeze dried rose petals for their usage ;-( because it was supposed to cover the tables more. 

DSC05997.JPG

my table numbers were printed the wrong way accidently ;-( .  All good.  No one noticed ;-)

IMGP0352.jpg

This is a pic of the menu card Gran Bahia provides. 

IMGP0357.jpg

Originally Posted by belledame View Post

Does anyone have pictures of their centre piece decorations for their reception at Dolce Vita? I know they have rectangular tables that seat 8 -10 people, I just want to get an idea of the type of decorations and centre pieces I will need.

Enjoy every minute!!! Looking forward to hearing about your day!

Originally Posted by acw271011 View Post

OMG ladies - this place is spectacular!!  4 days to go!!  the gazebo is just exactly what it is in the pics. it's gorgeous!!  can't wait for thursday!!  hair and nails trial on tuesday at 4 pm then the big day. going to do the sunset cruise tomorrow (Monday). sounds like fun. still trying to find someone to take our camera and do pics for us.

wish us luck. it's almost here and we're definitely in PARADISE!!!!  I'll try to update again later in the week. catching some rays today.

I'm in the process of going over my budget and accounting for tipping, etc.  I was just curious as to what past brides have given the wedding coordinators?  I want to be fair and tip them for their services, and was originally going to give them $100 each.  Now, after hearing so many bad things about Donnalee, I don't know that she deserves $100 tip. And I'm not sure about Chandyln either, as all of my communication has been via Donnalee.  I recognize that they have been doing behind the scenes organization for several months and that they'll be doing all of the decor and whatnot on the big day so I want to recognize them, but I don't want to go overboard.  Has anyone else thought to give them a gift instead?  If you tipped them, how much did you give them?  

ACW - I'm so glad that you're having an amazing time!!! It makes me SO excited to go...counting down the days!  Can't wait to hear more when you get home! :)