Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#2731 Natalie2012

Natalie2012
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:47 AM

Does anyone know what the walk down the isle is like (gazebo)...are wearing heals possible or is it a flip flop walk?? I just found some beautiful hot pink heals with bling bling on them that I would LOVE to try to wear...lol..I'm not a very experienced high heal walker either so I am torn...not sure what shoes to wear??  Thx ladies:):)

#2732 cupcake1382

cupcake1382
    • Site Supporter
    • 252 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:44 AM

They only charge for the colored ties.. not the white covers.

Originally Posted by futurejohnson 

Hi Tekeya, just wondering if you were charged for your seat covers?

09-10-11
      Runaway Bay, Jamaica
      I married my best friend!

#2733 cupcake1382

cupcake1382
      • Site Supporter
      • 252 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

Well, the walk is pretty long and it stone but not the kind that has the creases in between the rocks.. It is pretty smooth..  so if you aren't an experienced heel wearer I suggest wearing other shoes. I'm assuming your dress is long and no one will see your shoes..

I walked down the aisle with flip flops and I wear heels every day. But since I knew all the dancing and pictures would be taken next to the gazebo right after the ceremony in the sand I didn't want to have to change shoes. So in our pictures I wear heels but everything else I had flip flops on.

Ok so to give you an idea.. We are halfway down the aisle at this point. The golf card drops you off back at the stone wall (behind a tree so no one can see you). To me it was a pretty long walk. My song was 2 minutes long and my song was almost done by the time we go to the gazebo.

Does anyone know what the walk down the isle is like (gazebo)...are wearing heals possible or is it a flip flop walk?? I just found some beautiful hot pink heals with bling bling on them that I would LOVE to try to wear...lol..I'm not a very experienced high heal walker either so I am torn...not sure what shoes to wear??  Thx ladies:):)

09-10-11
        Runaway Bay, Jamaica
        I married my best friend!

#2734 Natalie2012

Natalie2012
        • 212 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the reply, your advice and for a closer picture of the oh so long walk....Flip flops it is...I will change into my heals for the pics:):)

Originally Posted by cupcake1382 

Well, the walk is pretty long and it stone but not the kind that has the creases in between the rocks.. It is pretty smooth..  so if you aren't an experienced heel wearer I suggest wearing other shoes. I'm assuming your dress is long and no one will see your shoes..

I walked down the aisle with flip flops and I wear heels every day. But since I knew all the dancing and pictures would be taken next to the gazebo right after the ceremony in the sand I didn't want to have to change shoes. So in our pictures I wear heels but everything else I had flip flops on.

Ok so to give you an idea.. We are halfway down the aisle at this point. The golf card drops you off back at the stone wall (behind a tree so no one can see you). To me it was a pretty long walk. My song was 2 minutes long and my song was almost done by the time we go to the gazebo.

334935_10150344321706313_500281312_8110588_741964243_o.jpg

#2735 acw271011

acw271011
          • Moderators
          • 3,128 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
          • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
          • LocationToronto Area

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

OMG ladies - this place is spectacular!!  4 days to go!!  the gazebo is just exactly what it is in the pics. it's gorgeous!!  can't wait for thursday!!  hair and nails trial on tuesday at 4 pm then the big day. going to do the sunset cruise tomorrow (Monday). sounds like fun. still trying to find someone to take our camera and do pics for us.

wish us luck. it's almost here and we're definitely in PARADISE!!!!  I'll try to update again later in the week. catching some rays today.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#2736 Natalie2012

Natalie2012
          • 212 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

Whoo hoooo!!!! I am so excited for you!!! Have an amazing time and wedding day! Can't wait to see pics and hear your review:):):) YAY!!!!

Originally Posted by acw271011 

OMG ladies - this place is spectacular!!  4 days to go!!  the gazebo is just exactly what it is in the pics. it's gorgeous!!  can't wait for thursday!!  hair and nails trial on tuesday at 4 pm then the big day. going to do the sunset cruise tomorrow (Monday). sounds like fun. still trying to find someone to take our camera and do pics for us.

wish us luck. it's almost here and we're definitely in PARADISE!!!!  I'll try to update again later in the week. catching some rays today.

#2737 belledame

belledame
            • 195 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

acw271011.........I'm so happy for you!! Hope your big day is an amazing one. Thanks for the gazebo review, that got me excited :-) I can't wait for your review!!!

#2738 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:02 AM

I hope you have an amazing time!! 

Originally Posted by acw271011 

#2739 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
              • 200 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:27 AM

Is any one getting there dress steamed down there or know if the resort does do drycleaning or steaming???

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

#2740 Jodiann

Jodiann
                • 21 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hi Angela, I was wondering if you found out any other info about the Picsis? Like a min of guests, how they set it up, or anything really? I am thinking of renting this out also. I just like the idea of having everyone in the same place the entire time. Its just so hard to pick and choose when your not there to see any of it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users