Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#2661 AngelaandTrevor

AngelaandTrevor
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:50 AM

There is a Tommy Bahamas in Vaughan/Toronto it is an outlet store with great prices! We went there 3 weeks ago and Trevor got all kinds of cloths! 

Angela

#2662 Tekeya Thompson

Tekeya Thompson
    • Site Supporter
    • 196 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:46 AM

Hi FutureJohnson,

We did our rehearsal dinner there also, I was told I could only have 20 for our rehearsal dinner, but the restaurant is big, plenty of room.  The Salmon dish is great. The better wines is "extra" costs...we end up bringing our own Moscato and stuff. 

Originally Posted by futurejohnson 

Hi everybody!

We're getting married in 3 weeks and I was just told by Donnalee that the Dolce Vita has already been requested by the other wedding that day, so we are doing our wedding dinner at the Garden Grill.  Has anybody eaten there before, and what menu did you pick for your wedding? Any suggestions on what's good and not good?  

Thanks!!!

#2663 Tekeya Thompson

Tekeya Thompson
      • Site Supporter
      • 196 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

Hi Divas,

Sorry for the delay.  Here's RoxRoy's information.  He is very reasonable and willing to work with you.  The lil 4 min video was something extra he did as a favor to me for my AHR. 

Hi Tekeya!

Your video is spectacular!  RoxRoy did an amazing job, and you're right... it felt like you're watching a movie!  I am in agreeance with all the other brides, I now am thinking I want to include a videographer!  Do you have his contact information?

Thank you for all of your input and information, it is soo helpful to all of us upcoming brides!

Sam

#2664 Tekeya Thompson

Tekeya Thompson
        • Site Supporter
        • 196 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:29 PM

Hi Dutchie600...

I actually had to get flower girl dresses for the AHR, and they were really really nice and inexpensive...so I wanted to throw it at you also.

The ones I got are these:

ACW what do your flower girl dresses look like? Im looking for some.. Do you live in North America somewhere?

#2665 PoshAms

PoshAms
          • 30 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:19 AM

Hey ladies

My flowergirls will be wearing this http://www.pinkmarie...olor=IV&scolor=

They are going to look adorable.

I have a pretty random question for those of you who are already wed- what did you do about table numbers? Chandlyn has mentioned printing these out for us but also says that she does not have table number holders. Did you bring your own or were you able to prop them up on the table somehow?

Thanks in advance!

Ams

#2666 PoshAms

PoshAms
            • 30 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:26 AM

Another question for you ladies- has anyone had their reception at the Pisces outdoor restaurant? Is anyone planning on having their meal/reception there? I have booked it for our big day but not heard a great deal about it. We are getting the Jamaican buffet for our meal and exclusive use for our dancing. Sounds fab but worried as I have not heard anything on any forums about it.

Just 4 weeks until we set opff for JA and I am a bundle of nerves! Stepped up the exercise today- woke up at 5am to work out. I wonder if I have enough time? I am rambling

Thanks guys

Ams

#2667 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
              • 200 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:44 AM

Tekeya- Your video was fabolous and I love you dress and head band you looked stunning

Acw- You must be so excited it's almost here good luck girl !!!!!!!!!!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

#2668 Tekeya Thompson

Tekeya Thompson
                • Site Supporter
                • 196 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:11 AM

I did take my own frames for the table numbers.  I printed them out and she set them all up.

Originally Posted by PoshAms 

Hey ladies

My flowergirls will be wearing this http://www.pinkmarie...olor=IV&scolor=

They are going to look adorable.

I have a pretty random question for those of you who are already wed- what did you do about table numbers? Chandlyn has mentioned printing these out for us but also says that she does not have table number holders. Did you bring your own or were you able to prop them up on the table somehow?

Thanks in advance!

Ams

#2669 Tekeya Thompson

Tekeya Thompson
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 196 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:18 AM

That's one of the snack bars.  I don't know recall eatting at that one.  I didn't know they had that one as an option, they only gave me the Grill and Dolce as options..so that's great.  I attached a map that I included in my welcome booklets so that you can see where it is.

Another question for you ladies- has anyone had their reception at the Pisces outdoor restaurant? Is anyone planning on having their meal/reception there? I have booked it for our big day but not heard a great deal about it. We are getting the Jamaican buffet for our meal and exclusive use for our dancing. Sounds fab but worried as I have not heard anything on any forums about it.

Just 4 weeks until we set opff for JA and I am a bundle of nerves! Stepped up the exercise today- woke up at 5am to work out. I wonder if I have enough time? I am rambling

Thanks guys

Ams

#2670 JayKay

JayKay
                    • 3,472 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:26 AM

The only options we have been given were the Grill or Dolce Vita.  And when we enquired about a buffet they said no, its a plated dinner with one menu for all.  Are you paying to rent it out?

Originally Posted by PoshAms 

Thanks guys

Ams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users