Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#2401 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:26 AM

hey jaykay, his name is Michael Spencer and seems to have quite a name for himself in a good way. My FI works with someone that got married at GBPJ in May and said the guy is great. The only catch is the email we were given bounced back. I have 2 phone numbers but haven't tried them yet. The company name is Spencer's Tour & Taxi and the numbers are 876-842-0527 or 876-326-5436. I haven't even been able to find anything on the Internet about them. if we can get a good email address I'll pass it on cuz we definitely are going to look him up when we go in 6 weeks.

I'm looking for some information, and Im hoping someone who has been to this resort can help.

My aunt was at this resort about 6 months ago with a friend and they hired someone at the resort, possibly named Spencer, to transport them from excusions and back to the resort.  She did give me a card with his contact number, but somewhere in between moving from house to house and city to city, it dissapeared.  I am wondering if any of you may know who this person is and if you would know how to contact him or have his contact number.  Thanks in advance!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#2402 JayKay

JayKay
  • 3,472 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:33 PM

Thank you so much!!

Originally Posted by acw271011 

hey jaykay,
his name is Michael Spencer and seems to have quite a name for himself in a good way. My FI works with someone that got married at GBPJ in May and said the guy is great. The only catch is the email we were given bounced back. I have 2 phone numbers but haven't tried them yet. The company name is Spencer's Tour & Taxi and the numbers are 876-842-0527 or 876-326-5436. I haven't even been able to find anything on the Internet about them. if we can get a good email address I'll pass it on cuz we definitely are going to look him up when we go in 6 weeks.

#2403 erindegagne

erindegagne
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:18 AM

Hey everyone, I have a random question, has anyone timed the walk down the aisle or have any idea how long it will take? Thanks

#2404 AngelaandTrevor

AngelaandTrevor
    • 54 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:30 AM

Hi Natalie, Could you answer this question for me? Do you need the long form or short card birth certificates to be certified? Chandlynn isn't responding! Thank you

#2405 Natalie2012

Natalie2012
      • 212 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:59 PM

The Short form is acceptable but MUST be notarized! (and if u do this get more than 1 copy...just in case) long forms, as far as I know do not need to be notarized.

Originally Posted by AngelaandTrevor 

Hi Natalie, Could you answer this question for me? Do you need the long form or short card birth certificates to be certified? Chandlynn isn't responding! Thank you

#2406 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

I think everyone is told something different.  Not sure where you are from but I am from Canada and we payed to get the long form birth certificates.  We also had to take our passports and get notarized copies from a lawyer.  I emailed copies of these to Chandlynn and she said they were acceptable.  Other brides have done other things, so we decided to make sure we had all the proper documents.  Id rather pay an extra $100 dollars for notarized copies and birth certificates then to get there and not be able to legally get married!

Originally Posted by AngelaandTrevor 

#2407 CdnBeatPrincess

CdnBeatPrincess
        • 296 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:28 AM

Hey Angela and Trevor,

I'm leaving the day you are getting married.

Hi Ladies! Trev and I are getting married on April 21 2012 at 4pm! We have had a lot of problems too with Donnalee, now we only deal with Chandlynn. I do have a question "Do you have to have a long form birth certificate or can you use the short form cards?" Thanks Angela

#2408 AngelaandTrevor

AngelaandTrevor
          • 54 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:29 PM

We arrive on the 16th of April! and leave on the 23rd! How is your planning going? We have booked the Grill for $2500.00 so the resturant will be shut down for us as well we get the band that was playing in there included.

#2409 AngelaandTrevor

AngelaandTrevor
            • 54 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

I agree! I applied yesterday for the long form! It takes 15 days to come in! I don't want to take any chances!

#2410 ashley490

ashley490
              • 136 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:58 PM

Hi Ladies!

Just thought I'd share my recent experience purchasing wedding attire for my fiance, his groomsmen, and our ring bearers online.  We ended up ordering through islandimporter.com  I've heard some really great things about the quality of the clothing from there from previous brides.  The transaction went through very smoothly.  I had emailed them prior to placing my order to see if there was a current promotional code I could use, but instead they said since my order was so much they would give me free shipping  whoohoo! (especially since it's international for me)  Anyway, I'll have to keep you all posted once my order arrives but so far I'd highly recommend ordering through them.

What is everyone else doing for groom/groomsmen attire?

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users