Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

I also dont see the point to pay someone to press a button...do they have the hook-ups for an ipod - this is not my area i am not tech navvy at all.

Another thought that I saw in my bridal mag - do we know if they have a steamer there for all of our dresses and BM's or are we expected to bring our own? ahhhhhh...so many quesitons! lol

Originally Posted by missy&eric2011 View Post

How bizarre...I just used one of your past quotes and now poof...here you are!!  Were your ears ringing!??  lol!

Thanks for that website...some really awesome pictures...I really want to see more people's wedding pics from there...those are the ones that I am obsessed with!!  Freakish thing though...I entered our dates to stay..and that website said that they don't have any availability!  Glad we aren't booking through them or I would be panicking!

Ironically we were just starting to put together our song lists and there was one that came out in my Brides Magazine...has a lot of hit dance songs!  We are for sure playing:

Lady Gaga – Just Dance                                                               Usher – Yeah

Kylie Minogue – Can’t Get You Outta My Head                       Gwen Stephani – Sweet Escape

Beyonce – Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)                              B-52’s – Love Shack

Cindi Lauper – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun                              Big & Rich – Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy

Brian Setzer Orchestra – Jump, Jive & Wail                              Lou Vega – Mambo #5

Kid Rock – All Summer Long                                                        Lynard Skynard - Sweet Home Alabama

Shakira – Hips Don’t Lie                                                              Rhianna – Don’t Stop the Music 

But I have been kicking around the idea of bringing down a speaker docking system for the ipod...I dont know what they are going to have and I have not heard an answer on what exactly will be available if we don't use the DJ and if we have to pay to rent it, what is required to set it up...etc.!?  Do any of you ladies have any of those answers?!

What are ya'll doing for flowers?  Have you decided?  Are we able to go with a different vendor other than the contracted Tia Floral or does that cost extra?

I am wondering about the steamer too! Missy - my fam has stayed there before and I've looked through their vacation photos. They were sure the one restaurant by the water was the Italian but it wasn't open yet so no pics of the inside. I just liked how it was right on the water. I'll see if I can get their pics and figure out how to post them on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanabr View Post

Hey girls! I haven't had time to post in a while but welcome to all the new gbp brides! So exciting to have more on the forum.

I totally agree about the dj, what's the point if I'm bringing my own music anyway?? What songs are "musts" on your playlists?? Would love some suggestions!

I found a great site to share with you all... www.oyster.com. they have reviews of hotels & resorts and tons of pictures! Search for gbp and they have a great detailed review of everything at the resort and over 100 pics that you won't find on gbp's website...its amazing!

This website is so awesome and the review is professional - unlike some of those whiners you get on trip advisor. Thanks for sharing!

Hi Ladies!!

I am a recent GBP bride so I can try to help answer your questions!  I just got married July 30 and everything about my day was perfect! You really have nothing to worry about with Beverly. She takes care of everything. She has been doing this for years so relax!!!

I am going to write down everything I can to help you!  I am probably going to jump all over the place, but I know you won’t mind!

Once you arrive down there you just go to the front desk to make an appointment to meet with Beverly. During your meeting you will pick your flowers (she has a book with a lot of different choices), where you want your dinner reception to be (She already had mine picked because I knew that I wanted to have it at the Dolce Vita, You have to choose a menu for your guests. Even though it is all inclusive since it is a large amount of food you have to have a set menu, but it worked out fine and everyone loved the food!  Dinner can be no earlier then 6:30 because that is when the restaurants open.. so dinner was from 6:30-8:30 and we actually didn’t  finish until 8:45. I thought that we could be done dinner in an hour but it was the perfect amount of time… The Dolce Vita was beautiful and it over looks the ocean.  The room that Beverly set up for us was pretty private.. We had 33 people total and the room fit everyone just perfectly..

As for the reception part, they have a really nice piano bar near the lobby and went there from 9-11 then we went to the disco. We didn’t have to pay any extra for this and we had an amazing time! We wanted to rent out the disco but it was 700.00 (plus 15.00 for each guests to drink at the bar) for them to open it up at 9. We didn’t think that it was worth the extra money so we just decided to go to the piano bar then off to the disco at 11. You can rent the gazebo area for 500.00 plus the 15 per person.  Anything that you decide will be sooo nice so no worries!

Beverly also made us an appointment to meet with the DJ so we could go over all the songs, the one I was walking out to, bridesmaids, our first dance and parent dances.. We brought all our music on CDs. The DJ also has tons of music too. We actually used some of his.  First your hubby walks out and for this we used Jason Miraz, (which the dj had), Then our bridesmaid and groomsmen walked out to Three little birds by Bob Marley, Then I walked out to instrumental romantic bridal music (which was beautiful) that Beverly recommended, but if you want something in particular you should bring it on cd! The DJ was really good with everything so I am sure that he would be worth getting if anyone is planning on renting out the Gazebo for the reception!  

Here’s how my wedding day went:

Ceremony was at 3:30- The minister was really good and very nice! I actually printed out my own ceremony from home and he followed everything I had written down. I even had two readings that I had my family members come up and read. They do use a microphone so everyone can hear.

Right after the ceremony you have a champagne reception right next to the Gazebo for about an hour. As soon as you walk down the aisle as husband and wife they hand you and your hubby glasses of champagne… During this time you do your first dances, parent dances, garter toss and bouquet toss! Make sure you request an extra bouquet to toss,  I used one of my bridesmaids or maybe just bring a fake one from home to toss..) you never see it again!  You also cut your cake at this time!  It may sound a little funny but trust me it all works so wonderfully!

My photographer was taking pics during this whole time and then me and my hubby left to take some pics on our own!  Beverly announces that dinner will be at 630 in the Dolce Vita so this allows your guests some time to go grab a drink or go and freshen up. Some of our guests went to the snack bar which is right next to the Dolce Vita. My hubby and I arrived back by 630 and we had a wonderful dinner. The maid of honor and best man gave their speeches during dinner too!

After dinner like I said we went to the piano bar until 11 and then we went to the disco! The DJ played awesome music, all new and up to date songs, and a lot of Michael Jackson which is my hubby’s favorite. He will play songs that you request as well. We had an amazing night and danced until 2:00!

As for decorations what I brought down with me was:  clear stone rocks in my color (aqua), and aqua and white flower petals, Beverly decorated the tables at Dolce Vita with them and they looked beautiful!

Aqua fans( which were put on all the chairs at the gazebo), starfish bottle openers for favors and Beverly got us bottles of Appleton Rum too! She is really nice and will try to help you in any way she can!    

The photographer I used was Misha Earle and she was awesome! She is soo accommodating and a great person to work with. She made everyone feel so comfortable. She came to the resort at 130 and didn’t leave until 930.. Then the next day she picked us up and took us to a beautiful garden and beach to take more pics! I did a TTD session too which was soo much fun! We paid 2500 but I didn’t mind because I want to have beautiful pics to remember forever! I posted her contact info.. a few months ago, but let me know if anyone needs it again.

Ok, I think that covers pretty much everything! If anyone has any other questions let me know! I’m not really on the site that much but I will try to check as often as I can. If anyone wants to see pics send me a private message with your email address and I’ll try to send you some pics that my friend took!  Hope this helps!!!!!!!  In the words of Bob Marley! “ Don’t worry about a thing!! Every little thing is gonna be alright”

Here are some pics Ladies! I don't have access to see if they downloaded or not! I only have 15 posts and I think you need 150 but let me know if you guys can see them!

post-22851-138622099138_thumb.jpg

post-22851-138622099144_thumb.jpg

post-22851-138622099167_thumb.jpg

post-22851-138622099174_thumb.jpg

post-22851-138622099178_thumb.jpg

post-22851-138622099184_thumb.jpg

post-22851-13862209919_thumb.jpg

post-22851-138622099194_thumb.jpg

post-22851-138622099199_thumb.jpg

That would be GREAT!  Hopefully you can get some pics!

Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post

I am wondering about the steamer too! Missy - my fam has stayed there before and I've looked through their vacation photos. They were sure the one restaurant by the water was the Italian but it wasn't open yet so no pics of the inside. I just liked how it was right on the water. I'll see if I can get their pics and figure out how to post them on here.

Hi Ladies to answer the question about the steamer.... Beverly told me they don't have one at the resort but the florist company they use does do steaming which starts at 90 usd... My mom's friend brought down her mini steamer and it worked great! She steamed all my bridesmaids dresses... I carried my dress on the plane and they hung it up in the cabin for me so it wasn't wrinkled at all =)rolleyes.gif

Thats what I'm planning on doing too.  My mom just went to Mexico and there was a bride on the plane and the flight attendant put it in the very front area and hung it up so it didn't get wrinkled.  Thats my plan, I hopefully won't have to do anythign whe nI'm down.  The nice thing abuot the material in the dress though is its gathered, and you can't really see the wrinkles when its on, thank goodness. 

JMarie - What nights is the piano bar available?  Do they play every night?  I know All of us on here are getting married on different nights...Do you remember what is available? 

Okay ladies, after her review, I am really up in the air as to what we are going to do...I was totally set on the gazebo idea...but now I am questioning it if it is that much fun doing the "included" stuff!!! 

I am bringing down a small handheld steamer to "freshen" up my dress...but hopefully I won't have to worry about wrinkles too much.  I am bringing down 2 dresses as I don't want to have to dry clean my "real" dress before my AHR...I am changing into the other dress sometime after the ceremony (don't know if I will wait until after dinner or not) and I am also wearing this same dress for the TTD session...anyone else doing something like this???

Hi Missy,

The piano bar is available every night. We got married on a Friday night and there wasn't anyone playing the piano so Beverly let us bring our Ipod Dock in there and we played our own music until we left for the disco.. I don't remember what nights there is someone playing the piano... What is good is that you don't have to decide where you want your reception until your down there.. Once you get down there you can look around at the different options and see what works best for you.. Beverly will do her best to help you in any way! She wants all her brides to be happy!