Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#2331 ashley490

ashley490
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

I'm using Paula and Damian from Sungold Photography.  I love their work!  They have a website if you want to look at their portfolio.  They are a little more pricey but they also have associates who do amazing work that don't cost as much.

Originally Posted by Kristo 

I'm looking for a great, creative photographer for my trash the dress session and was wondering if you ladies had any recommendations?  I got a quote from Merrick already and was wondering if there was anything more competitive out there.... thanks in advance!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012

#2332 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:16 AM

Well we booked yesterday. To leave Oct 15th. Now hopefully Chandlyn or Donnalee will confirm either Oct 20th or 21st for our wedding. I sent them the note to cancel the 17th of November and we have a tentative hold on Oct 21st but first choice would be for the Thursday instead of the Friday. Means we can party a little later and not have to worry about packing to leave. We get both Chandlyn and Donnalee as our witnesses. Imagine... strangers signing my marriage licence. Weird. But it is what it is and we're getting a wedding in Jamaica even without everyone else.

So if you're around drop by and say hello...

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#2333 tamandrob

tamandrob
    • 349 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

Thanks for the info I emailed them today and asked them to take the lilies out because mine were the same (roses, orchids and lilies) they said not a problem and it actually dropped in price by about $100. This way I hopefully wont have any wilted flowers and I am below budget!!!!!

Originally Posted by mekanabr 

Everything held up really well except for the lillies. I wasn't surprised though, I didn't really understand why they would put them I'm a bouquet when it's 90 degrees out! But everything was beautiful, and they delivered on time. My bouquet wasn't really like the pic I had sent them that I wanted but it was still pretty and very tropical which I liked.

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#2334 Kristo

Kristo
      • 68 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

So I just got a quote for the gazebo at night and at first Donnalee quoted me $500 for the 2 hours + the DJ.  I told her we didn't need the DJ as we'll be bringing out ipod with us.  She came back and quoted me $300.  What happened to the $250 everyone else was quoted on here?!  I want that quote!!!!   

#2335 greatbritain

greatbritain
        • 171 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:35 AM

I would e-mail Donnalee back and CC Chandlyn inquiring about the price and saying that other brides had been told $250. I have been in touch with Donnalee before and she has misquoted and I CC'ed Chandlyn and she replied with corrections so it might have just been a typo or a mistake. It doesn't hurt to ask!

Originally Posted by Kristo 

So I just got a quote for the gazebo at night and at first Donnalee quoted me $500 for the 2 hours + the DJ.  I told her we didn't need the DJ as we'll be bringing out ipod with us.  She came back and quoted me $300.  What happened to the $250 everyone else was quoted on here?!  I want that quote!!!!   

#2336 Kristo

Kristo
          • 68 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:17 AM

Thanks, I did end up sending an email back, so we'll wait to see what she says!

Originally Posted by greatbritain 

I would e-mail Donnalee back and CC Chandlyn inquiring about the price and saying that other brides had been told $250. I have been in touch with Donnalee before and she has misquoted and I CC'ed Chandlyn and she replied with corrections so it might have just been a typo or a mistake. It doesn't hurt to ask!

#2337 mekanabr

mekanabr
            • 537 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:44 AM

I had gotten both of those quotes before as well, but when I got to the resort, armed with allllllll of my emails, Chandlyn had all the prices correct and there had been no need to fret :)  But like GreatBritain said, never hurts to double check!

#2338 mekanabr

mekanabr
              • 537 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:29 AM

I couldn't wait to share this with you girls! It's a preview from our photographer, I love it!!! I keep looking at them over and over lol :) http://www.laurieten.../trevorandmegan

#2339 Natalie2012

Natalie2012
                • 212 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:22 PM

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!! Wow...thank you so much for posting!! Only 234 more days to go for me...lol...I seriously can't wait:):)

I couldn't wait to share this with you girls! It's a preview from our photographer, I love it!!! I keep looking at them over and over lol :)

http://www.laurieten.../trevorandmegan

#2340 tamandrob

tamandrob
                  • 349 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

I love your pictures!!! They look awesome, I can't wait for my day to come. It looks like your group had such a great time! Thanks for sharing!

I couldn't wait to share this with you girls! It's a preview from our photographer, I love it!!! I keep looking at them over and over lol :)

http://www.laurieten.../trevorandmegan

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users