Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#191 mekanabr

mekanabr
  • 537 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:30 PM

thanks for the encouragement! I just had to vent! But we have bunch of mutual friends, soI think she'll change it...keeping my fingers crossed!!

What are your FIs wearing for the wedding? I'm trying to figure out what Trev should wear, as well as his groomsmen. I still want it to be formal, but a little laid back. But I'm not sure where to look, the bridal shops are too formal. I found a great line from Jcrew, but its so expensive!

#192 tris

tris
    • 609 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:34 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by mekanabr
      thanks for the encouragement! I just had to vent! But we have bunch of mutual friends, soI think she'll change it...keeping my fingers crossed!!

What are your FIs wearing for the wedding? I'm trying to figure out what Trev should wear, as well as his groomsmen. I still want it to be formal, but a little laid back. But I'm not sure where to look, the bridal shops are too formal. I found a great line from Jcrew, but its so expensive!
      My FI is wearing a gorgeous tan coloured linen suit we're getting from Le Chateau. I'm pretty sure it's just a Canadian store though. We paid a little more than we would have liked (about $250) but it fits him so well and it's so nice.
      Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#193 AshleyL

AshleyL
      • 263 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:42 PM

My FI was having trouble finding a suit. We want something light coloured but not linen (wrinkles easily). The problem is that he is very broad in the shoulders and needs a large jacket, the pants that usually come with that size jacket end up be way too big. We finally found a line of separates by Calvin Klein. The best part is that they are on sale at Tip Top Tailors! For the groomsmen we are thinking khaki pants and white button down shirt. Still debating if we want them to wear ties to match with the bridesmaid dresses.
        Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

#194 soontobemrsdow

soontobemrsdow
        • 250 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:18 AM

I don't think we're even going the suit route....just some dress pants and dress shirt...we're still even discussing if he wears a tie or knot. Before he wasn't but now that I got my dress it's a little fancier than I what I thought so he might need to wear a tie to not look underdressed.

#195 katelynn

katelynn
          • 414 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by soontobemrsdow
            I don't think we're even going the suit route....just some dress pants and dress shirt...we're still even discussing if he wears a tie or knot. Before he wasn't but now that I got my dress it's a little fancier than I what I thought so he might need to wear a tie to not look underdressed.
            Mike got his at Tristian and America which is in the Eaton Centre in Toronto. Its a plain linen pant and an off white button up shirt. It was sooo hard to find off white as we needed that to match my dress. He isnt wearing a tie, they are all going to wear a bright aqua flower on their lapel to match the girls. I think it came to like $175 for their whole outfit...shoes, pants and shirt..no to bad I guess.

I wanted him to wear a tie to be a little more formal but I lost that battle...lol
            Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#196 katelynn

katelynn
            • 414 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:58 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mekanabr

hahaha I feel your pain...both my bestfriend (and I was here MOH) and Mike's brother have already backed out of the wedding. I actually got discouraged for awhile but then realized as long as Mike and I are there who cares now, I am not stressing about things like that anymore.

#197 StephAli

StephAli
              • 120 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

Hey,

My FI is wearing a white linen suit from Stockhomme (in Fairview Mall and Yorkdale Mall) and a light blue shirt (still not sure of the style for that). We decided to go against the tie as its probably gonna be too hot. The groomsmen are wearing the same pants and shirt as my FI, but they aren't going to have a jacket.

On another note, I confirmed with Beverly that you are able to purchase bottles of liquor for our reception in the beach gazebo and therefore would not need a bartender. She didnt say how much each bottle cost, but it has to be less then a bartender!! 

#198 AshleyL

AshleyL
                • 263 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:56 PM

StephAli - thanks for the info from Beverly. Buying our own booze does seem like it would be much cheaper. Does anyone have an idea of what kind/how much liquor for around 40 people?
                  Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

#199 akua420

akua420
                  • 301 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:07 AM

I know! Same thing with me, I"m my Best friends MOH, and she's not evven coming to mine.  And neither is any of my sisters or any of my FI's siblings, its pretty much going to be some of our friends, my aunt and uncle and our parents, but whatever.  We'll have a good time regardless!  As long as we both show up...

I'm contemplating making my FI (hahaha) wear tan pants with either a white button up shirt, or a bright blue one.  Haven't been able to convince him about the blue yet, so we will see.  No suit jacket thouhg, he'd be too hot.

Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

#200 katelynn

katelynn
                    • 414 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:00 PM

Thats really good to know about the booze as there is no way I can afford the $15pp for it...I would ask around of what people like, I would deff say Vodka and Rum and some beer...youll need some mixes too. I might ask if they can set up a table so its a little more forma. I know when I went to cuba we payed the one bartender we got to know and he gave us full bottles and mixes for like $10...looks like we all need to charm some bartenders, lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users