Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#1981 Natalie2012

Natalie2012
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:55 AM

I just booked Merrick Cousley for our photographer! Yay..one less thing checked off my list! Only 300 days to go....Whoo hoooo!!

#1982 Tekeya Thompson

Tekeya Thompson
    • Site Supporter
    • 196 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:45 AM

Does anyone know how much the guest pass cost for Gran Bahia Principe resort?  I have been given one quote of $80 but another bride told me she was quoted $150 so I wanted to be sure because I have 2 guest that are not staying at the resort.

Also, did anyone have to pay guest pass for DJ, photograpphers,etc?  I asked Chandlyn and all she said was let her know who for security but never answered my question about the cost of it or even if there was one.

#1983 acw271011

acw271011
      • Moderators
      • 3,128 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

thanks. I really like both of them. the wedding band is a US jewellers called Gordon's. their stuff is really nice and very reasonably priced. my FI's ring is either Tungsten or Titanium - he hasn't finalized his decision yet, but Gordon's has a pretty good selection of both.

Originally Posted by JayKay 

Your wedding dress is beautiful!! And I love your wedding band.  I to have a solitaire and wish I could have found something like this.  I instead just went with one diamond band for now and hope to get another one later on down the road. 

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#1984 acw271011

acw271011
      • Moderators
      • 3,128 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

my understanding is the guest pass is $75 per and yes, if your photographer is not the resort one, then you need to pay. I guess if you're using a DJ that isn't from the resort either then you would need a pass for them. Chandlyn told me that if they aren't using any hotel facilities like restaurants, you don't pay, but if you want your guests to eat with you, then I guess you need to pay for them.

Originally Posted by Tekeya Thompson 

Does anyone know how much the guest pass cost for Gran Bahia Principe resort?  I have been given one quote of $80 but another bride told me she was quoted $150 so I wanted to be sure because I have 2 guest that are not staying at the resort.

Also, did anyone have to pay guest pass for DJ, photograpphers,etc?  I asked Chandlyn and all she said was let her know who for security but never answered my question about the cost of it or even if there was one.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#1985 Dutchie600

Dutchie600
      • 53 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

I Just Booked Stacey Clarke of Stacey Clarke Photography. She's an amazing individual and a very sweet woman.. you can look her up on Facebook or www.staceyclarkephotography.com

#1986 Tekeya Thompson

Tekeya Thompson
        • Site Supporter
        • 196 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:13 PM

Stacey is AWESOME....I wanted to book her also but she wasn't going to be working on that weekend.

#1987 Tekeya Thompson

Tekeya Thompson
          • Site Supporter
          • 196 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:33 PM

Thank you much ACW271011...As soon as I checked this, I finally got a response from Chandlyn.  Basically saying the same as you.  if they are there for a quick min (like the florists) then I don't need a pass...but I do need one for the photographer, etc because they are there long term.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by acw271011 

my understanding is the guest pass is $75 per and yes, if your photographer is not the resort one, then you need to pay. I guess if you're using a DJ that isn't from the resort either then you would need a pass for them. Chandlyn told me that if they aren't using any hotel facilities like restaurants, you don't pay, but if you want your guests to eat with you, then I guess you need to pay for them.

#1988 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
            • 335 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:23 AM

I'm really surprised to hear this, because when I asked Chandlyn in March she advised that there are no vendor fees or guest passes required!  This must have been a more recent change!  I hate that you have to stay so on top of them!!!

Originally Posted by Tekeya Thompson 

Thank you much ACW271011...As soon as I checked this, I finally got a response from Chandlyn.  Basically saying the same as you.  if they are there for a quick min (like the florists) then I don't need a pass...but I do need one for the photographer, etc because they are there long term.

Thanks!

#1989 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
              • 200 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:56 AM

ACW Love your dress and ring great choice!!!!

I am so excited I am going dress shopping this week-end and I also am going to get the MOH dress and bridesmaid. Hopefully my om will get something too. I have beenwaiting all week and it seems it's taking Saturday forever to get here LOL

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

#1990 tamandrob

tamandrob
                • 349 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

That's awesome! I am looking into photographers now just trying to find someone who is within our budget! Are you going with his classic package? Aand are you going to do TTD session?

Originally Posted by Natalie2012 

I just booked Merrick Cousley for our photographer! Yay..one less thing checked off my list! Only 300 days to go....Whoo hoooo!!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users