Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Congrats Erin! Your wedding looked absolutely beautiful! So glad to hear that you enjoyed your day and that Chandlyn was great! That's definitely encouraging! 

Your centrepieces looked great! Interesting that the resort lost them however!

Congrats again!

You look fabulous Erin! congrats.  Those centrepieces turned out perfect.

I am also curious how windy it was down there by the gazebo.  I was thinking about doing parasols for my bridesmaids instead of bouquets and I dont want them getting wrecked in the wind lol!

i got married on a particularly windy day (April 12, 2011) and I would not recommend wearing your hair down or parasols. It made the pics look pretty because my dress and the bm's dresses were swishing in the wind. That being said, because my dress was 3 layers it was an effort to walk because  i am a small frame and the wind made the dress seem heavier. I think your hair would be in your face and the parasols would be wrecked if it happened to be windy. But the wind kept us cooler so I was appreciative. best of luck planning !  :)

wow - those are gorgeous!!  great job. you must have had a ton of compliments on them!!!

Originally Posted by ehpage View Post

My flowers were "real touch" and I made and brought them down myself... it was SOOO hot the mens real bout's were wilted in hours. So glad I brought fake with me...

My centerpieces are below: I bought the mirrors at the dollar store, plastic glasses at Zellers, fake flowers at dollar store, purple gems at michaels and sat them on top of a closet LED light purchased at dollar store.. Sat the light on top of the mirror, glass on top of light, gems in bottom, water in, flower in and VOILLA!! they looked GREAT!!! and so cheap! I left them there, wasn't bothering to bring them home!

228197_10150594957785313_535835312_18075281_6542427_n.jpg223484_10150594958075313_535835312_18075290_8319789_n.jpg

I have a question that I haven't seen anything about here.  did anyone change out of their wedding dress after their ceremony or reception to go dancing??  I don't want to but even though I have almost no train on my dress, I worried about hiking around in it.

so I think I can finally add something of value here. everyone else seems to have great suggestions.  here's mine. for any of you that are feeling especially crafty, we've come up with a way to do our invitations that is saving us a TON of money!!  We're a really small group and we just couldnt' justify the price that is being asked for 25 invitations and thank you cards (we don't need any of the other pieces).  and we're old school - an "evite" just doesn't do it for me.  I found a website that allows you to download templates in Word of invitations. lots of different designs that you can do yourself. you can get a 3 pce or 10 pce set depending on the "extras" that you need - reply cards, etc. we only needed invites and thank yous. the templates can be paid with paypal and they are $15 for the 3 and $29 for the 10 pce. we found a place here in Ontario that will allow you to order beautiful paper in the quantities that you want. you don't have to get 50 or 100 sheets if you don't need that many. and they have tons of beautiful colours. the invitation website gives you examples of wording if you need the help.  we're doing thank you cards with a photo so only some are thank you for those that go to Jamaica, then we're doing "Our Wedding" cards with a photo or the ones that can't make it.  we figure we can do 25 invitations with a "dinner and reception" insert card and 50 thank you/our wedding cards for about $60 CDN tops. I also found a printer in downtown Toronto that is going to print them for me for about $25. everything we looked at was well over $100 just for 25 invitations. that didn't include anything else so we had to try and be creative. our invitations are cream colour with watermelon colour ink wording with a guava coloured background paper that the cream is glued to in a guava or watermelon coloured envelope (I haven't made the final decision on envelope colour yet).  they look pretty slick and keep our "tropical punch" theme!!

here's the websites:  www.paper-garden.ca           www.printable-wedding-invitations.com      check them out even just for fun and see what they have. we picked the palm tree invitation and the company changed the ink colour for me at no charge.

Thanks for the feedback! I will look into making some bouquets!!!

Originally Posted by TMwedding2011 View Post

i got married on a particularly windy day (April 12, 2011) and I would not recommend wearing your hair down or parasols. It made the pics look pretty because my dress and the bm's dresses were swishing in the wind. That being said, because my dress was 3 layers it was an effort to walk because  i am a small frame and the wind made the dress seem heavier. I think your hair would be in your face and the parasols would be wrecked if it happened to be windy. But the wind kept us cooler so I was appreciative. best of luck planning !  :)

it actually has what they called a sweep train that I wanted to cut off, but my MOH said to keep it and get them just to do the bustle, so I'm not even walking with it down. I'll take it down for pics on the beach but otherwise it's staying up, but I was just thinking about moving around with it on. it's strapless, but it has more layers than I realized. plus I really hope nobody spills anything on it... like beer!! lol

Originally Posted by mekanabr View Post

acw271011- As long as you have your dress bussled, I don't think you'll notice.  Plus I think it will be fun to have a little extra dress to play with while dancing :)

ha bustled! I knew when I wrote that it looked off... :)  Maybe you can do a Janet Jackson so that in case there is an oops with your strapless dress you'll be covered! haha jk, I'm sure you'll be just fine!  And I know what you mean about your fear of beer being spilt on your dress, I feel the same way!  Guess I'll stick to the clear drinks!

Originally Posted by acw271011 View Post

it actually has what they called a sweep train that I wanted to cut off, but my MOH said to keep it and get them just to do the bustle, so I'm not even walking with it down. I'll take it down for pics on the beach but otherwise it's staying up, but I was just thinking about moving around with it on. it's strapless, but it has more layers than I realized. plus I really hope nobody spills anything on it... like beer!! lol