Jump to content

Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#1591 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
  • Jr. Member
  • 335 posts

    Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

    Sorry for the double post, I completely forgot to ask in my last one!

     

    I'm making a jerk seasoning favor for my OOT bags, and try as I might, I haven't been able to come up with anything super cute to write on the label!  Does anyone have any suggestions?

     

    Also, if anyone is interested, there are huge 800g containers of Cool Runnings Jerk Seasoning at Walmart for $2.97 (should be enough for about 10 favors)! I'm going to divide them up into smaller shaker containers that I got at Dollerama 3 for $1!  



    #1592 JayKay

    JayKay
    • Sr. Member
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

    Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:05 PM


    According to our TA our group quote is only valid for so long.  And because January is high season she suggested booking as early as possible.  Plus with our travel company we are going with by booking so early we are also getting an early booking bonus which is saving us an extra $400.
     

    Originally Posted by acw271011 

    I'm curious why, when your weddings aren't until next January that you have to have bookings by next week?  Gosh - ours is in November and our cutoff for the group rate date is July 6th.

     



     



     



    #1593 ehpage

    ehpage
    • Newbie
    • 72 posts

      Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:16 PM


      This is true, i'm a TA and when we receive your group rates they are usually only valid from 14-30 days. after that deadline we have to requote all over again and the rates could be higher.. and they also could be lower.

       

      From experience the earlier you book the better. Prices early in the season are always low, because of early booking bonuses and saving like "no fuel surcharge" I always highly recommend people booking early. In fact I've got 5 wedding groups booked for 2012 already and another 3 to go for fall of this year.

       


       

      Originally Posted by JayKay 


      According to our TA our group quote is only valid for so long.  And because January is high season she suggested booking as early as possible.  Plus with our travel company we are going with by booking so early we are also getting an early booking bonus which is saving us an extra $400.
       



       



       



      #1594 mekanabr

      mekanabr
      • Member
      • 537 posts

        Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:33 AM

        ehpage- so soon!  I can't imagine your excitement!!!!!  Hope you have the best time and can't wait to hear all about it when you return (with pics!!) 

         

        and tris- you are so soon too!!! Have soooooooooooo much fun!!!!  can't wait to see your pictures and I hope your day is beautiful. 

         

        If I forgot to mention any other soon to be brides, please forgive me! but I hope you have the weddings of your dreams!!!!!

         

        We leave for Jamaica in 3 months... I'm starting to worry that I need to have stuff done that I haven't thought of! Agh!!  Plus my fiance (who is a grad student) is now 5 hrs north, at the tip of Michigan, for his research season until the wedding so it's just me trying to get everything finished (we live several states away from  family so my stress level is getting even higher knowing that I have so much to get done on my own!) For recent and upcoming brides...any last minute things I should be making sure I have done?  I sent in a copy of our birth certs and passports... I hope that is all we needed and we will bring the originals with us. 



        #1595 ehpage

        ehpage
        • Newbie
        • 72 posts

          Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:28 AM

          Hey mekanabr,

           

          I was in the same boat.. I live a good 5hr drive away from my family and friends and my FI was away with the military for 9 weeks before now and I did everything for our wedding on my own. To be honest, the best way I think.. Everything was done MY WAY, no one had a say in anything and it kept me busy and organized.

           

          I'm leaving work now for the week and getting in the car for our 5 hour drive down to Halifax which is where we're flying from . I can't wait!

           

          I'm still not packed.. need to run home and throw some stuff in a suitcase~! lol this is the way I always pack lol I'm an old pro by now!

           

          I'm starting to get nervous that i'm going to forget soemthing.. why didn't I make lists!!! I woke up at 5am this morning and woke up my FI to tell him I didn't like the shirt we bought for the wedding.. he was like "oh great, thanks ERIN!!" now I'm gonna run out and see if the one I love is avail in his size.. (it wasn't when we 1st looked) man way to add stress to the mix eh!!

           

          Anyways have a great week ladies, I'll be thinking of you when I'm in Jamaica!!

           

          Tris - don't forget to come introduce yourself. My ceremony is 4:30pm on the 26th (Tuesday)

           



           

          Originally Posted by mekanabr 

          ehpage- so soon!  I can't imagine your excitement!!!!!  Hope you have the best time and can't wait to hear all about it when you return (with pics!!) 

           

          and tris- you are so soon too!!! Have soooooooooooo much fun!!!!  can't wait to see your pictures and I hope your day is beautiful. 

           

          If I forgot to mention any other soon to be brides, please forgive me! but I hope you have the weddings of your dreams!!!!!

           

          We leave for Jamaica in 3 months... I'm starting to worry that I need to have stuff done that I haven't thought of! Agh!!  Plus my fiance (who is a grad student) is now 5 hrs north, at the tip of Michigan, for his research season until the wedding so it's just me trying to get everything finished (we live several states away from  family so my stress level is getting even higher knowing that I have so much to get done on my own!) For recent and upcoming brides...any last minute things I should be making sure I have done?  I sent in a copy of our birth certs and passports... I hope that is all we needed and we will bring the originals with us. 



           



          #1596 missy&eric2011

          missy&eric2011
          • Jr. Member
          • 267 posts

            Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:52 AM

            Congratulations and I hope your wedding is everything you dreamed it to be!!  Have fun becoming a MRS!!!

             

            Originally Posted by ehpage 

            Hey mekanabr,

             

            I was in the same boat.. I live a good 5hr drive away from my family and friends and my FI was away with the military for 9 weeks before now and I did everything for our wedding on my own. To be honest, the best way I think.. Everything was done MY WAY, no one had a say in anything and it kept me busy and organized.

             

            I'm leaving work now for the week and getting in the car for our 5 hour drive down to Halifax which is where we're flying from . I can't wait!

             

            I'm still not packed.. need to run home and throw some stuff in a suitcase~! lol this is the way I always pack lol I'm an old pro by now!

             

            I'm starting to get nervous that i'm going to forget soemthing.. why didn't I make lists!!! I woke up at 5am this morning and woke up my FI to tell him I didn't like the shirt we bought for the wedding.. he was like "oh great, thanks ERIN!!" now I'm gonna run out and see if the one I love is avail in his size.. (it wasn't when we 1st looked) man way to add stress to the mix eh!!

             

            Anyways have a great week ladies, I'll be thinking of you when I'm in Jamaica!!

             

            Tris - don't forget to come introduce yourself. My ceremony is 4:30pm on the 26th (Tuesday)

             



             



             



             



            #1597 tris

            tris
            • Member
            • 609 posts

              Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:54 AM

              Okay, Tuesday at 4:30! I'll be looking for you. What's your name again? Sorry :(

               

              Originally Posted by ehpage 

              Hey mekanabr,

               

              I was in the same boat.. I live a good 5hr drive away from my family and friends and my FI was away with the military for 9 weeks before now and I did everything for our wedding on my own. To be honest, the best way I think.. Everything was done MY WAY, no one had a say in anything and it kept me busy and organized.

               

              I'm leaving work now for the week and getting in the car for our 5 hour drive down to Halifax which is where we're flying from . I can't wait!

               

              I'm still not packed.. need to run home and throw some stuff in a suitcase~! lol this is the way I always pack lol I'm an old pro by now!

               

              I'm starting to get nervous that i'm going to forget soemthing.. why didn't I make lists!!! I woke up at 5am this morning and woke up my FI to tell him I didn't like the shirt we bought for the wedding.. he was like "oh great, thanks ERIN!!" now I'm gonna run out and see if the one I love is avail in his size.. (it wasn't when we 1st looked) man way to add stress to the mix eh!!

               

              Anyways have a great week ladies, I'll be thinking of you when I'm in Jamaica!!

               

              Tris - don't forget to come introduce yourself. My ceremony is 4:30pm on the 26th (Tuesday)

               



               



               

               

              We leave Saturday morning! LAST DAY OF WORK TODAY!
               

               


              Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

              #1598 katelynn

              katelynn
              • Jr. Member
              • 414 posts

                Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:33 AM

                Thanks for all the great advice ladies...we head home on Monday to get ready to pack and chill and we fly out next Saturday....8 days!!!

                 

                I also went for my final dress fitting this morning and picked it up so we are all ready to go!!

                 

                Is there going to be any of you down there from April 30 - May 7th when I am?

                 

                I know Tris and Erin are the week before but anyone else???


                Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

                #1599 BusyBee123

                BusyBee123
                • Jr. Member
                • 335 posts

                  Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:08 AM

                  Good luck Katelynn! All of your hard work planning will definitely pay off! Now is the time to sit back, relax and just enjoy the moment!  Can't wait to hear all about it! 
                   

                  Originally Posted by katelynn 

                  Thanks for all the great advice ladies...we head home on Monday to get ready to pack and chill and we fly out next Saturday....8 days!!!

                   

                  I also went for my final dress fitting this morning and picked it up so we are all ready to go!!

                   

                  Is there going to be any of you down there from April 30 - May 7th when I am?

                   

                  I know Tris and Erin are the week before but anyone else???



                   



                  #1600 toesinsand30

                  toesinsand30
                  • Newbie
                  • 82 posts

                    Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:34 AM


                    I also requested the new building but was told that we wont know until we get there

                     

                    I dont really trust my TA as she has made tons and tons of mistakes so far and Ive been able to catch most of them all except one :(

                     

                    What did you do in order to request and confirm that you all were in the new building ?
                     

                    Originally Posted by ehpage 


                    Oh i'm so excited I leave on Sunday!

                     

                    We too are confirmed in building 23. I got confirmation of this today. Was it super nice?? I've stayed at the Bahia before and did find the rooms were getting a little tired, so I specifically requested the new section.

                     

                    I can't wait.. I"'m SOOOO Excited!!
                     



                     



                     


                    October 18, 2011 Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                    I married my bestfriend with 60 of our closest family and friends

                    and I would do it all over again :D





                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users