Jump to content

Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#1441 tris

tris
  • Member
  • 609 posts

    Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:03 AM

    We're bringing our own down. We only have 2 tables, plus our table, so it's not that bad... We're bringing plastic vases down (that I dolled up with ribbon & jewels) so we don't have to worry about stuff breaking. We're not bringing table clothes or napkins though... it just seemed like too much. We DID manage to find awesome table runners at JYSK that will spruce the tables up a bit though :).

     

    I just found the prices for centerpieces a little steep for what I was looking for... that's all.
     

    Originally Posted by BusyBee123 

    On the subject of centrepieces, has anyone asked Chandlyn about the options they have available there?  Or is everyone just bringing their own?  Last email she sent, she told me that all of that decor stuff could be arranged once we arrived.

     

    I've picked up some seashells and starfish, and a whole bunch of tea lights, but haven't really thought too much beyond that!  Has anyone priced out floral arrangements as centrepieces?  



     


    Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

    #1442 Dutchie600

    Dutchie600
    • Newbie
    • 53 posts

      Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

      Hey Ladies!!!

       

      In regards to Photographers and having them included in your packages. I heard that those guys are Crap.

      I came across A woman who lives in Jamaica.. her work is exquisite. She's fairly priced and Grand Bahia allows photographers on the premises with no extra cost.

       

      Her name is Stacey Clarke ( photography)

      She was recommended by a friend who used her services.

       

      I can say that I have booked Stacey for next March. 

       

      I hope this helps!

       

      Heres her link: http://staceyclarkep...index2.php?v=v1



      #1443 acw271011

      acw271011
      • Moderators
      • 3,128 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

      Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:15 AM

      who told you they allow photographers with no cost? I was told I have to pay $75 for a pass for our photographer and he's from Jamaica or $20 for the pass if he doesn't go into any of the bars (?? go figure)  do you have an email with that in writing cuz I would definitely like to go back about that if you do!

       

      Originally Posted by Dutchie600 

      Hey Ladies!!!

       

      In regards to Photographers and having them included in your packages. I heard that those guys are Crap.

      I came across A woman who lives in Jamaica.. her work is exquisite. She's fairly priced and Grand Bahia allows photographers on the premises with no extra cost.

       

      Her name is Stacey Clarke ( photography)

      She was recommended by a friend who used her services.

       

      I can say that I have booked Stacey for next March. 

       

      I hope this helps!

       

      Heres her link: http://staceyclarkep...index2.php?v=v1



       


      I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

       

       

      http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

       

       

      event.png


      #1444 lmarie

      lmarie
      • Jr. Member
      • 211 posts

        Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:12 PM

         

        Here it is cassierose:

         

        http://www.marthaste...irectory-how-to



        #1445 lmarie

        lmarie
        • Jr. Member
        • 211 posts

          Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:16 PM

          I was told that my photographer, who is from Jamaica, was $75 as well to get in on  a day pass 

           

          Originally Posted by acw271011 

          who told you they allow photographers with no cost? I was told I have to pay $75 for a pass for our photographer and he's from Jamaica or $20 for the pass if he doesn't go into any of the bars (?? go figure)  do you have an email with that in writing cuz I would definitely like to go back about that if you do!

           



           



           

          Attached Files



          #1446 ashley490

          ashley490
          • Newbie
          • 136 posts

            Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:36 PM

            I was told that while there is no vendors fee to bring outside photographers into the resort, there is a $75 day pass that must be purchased.  It appears for the most part that this is a consistent message for most of us.

             

            On another note I just bought these great little luggage tags to give to my guests.  I'm so pumped about them I thought I'd share a pic  

             

             

            Flip flop luggage tag.jpg

             

             

             


            Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012

            #1447 lmarie

            lmarie
            • Jr. Member
            • 211 posts

              Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

              ashley, they are so cute!!!



              #1448 BusyBee123

              BusyBee123
              • Jr. Member
              • 335 posts

                Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

                That's a great idea Tris! I'm in the same boat where I really don't want to lug anymore stuff down! All the OOT stuff will be enough!  Our group is going to be small as well, so that might be manageable.  I was even thinking of taking the bridesmaids bouquets once they're done with them and using them as part of the centrepiece!

                 

                Originally Posted by tris 

                We're bringing our own down. We only have 2 tables, plus our table, so it's not that bad... We're bringing plastic vases down (that I dolled up with ribbon & jewels) so we don't have to worry about stuff breaking. We're not bringing table clothes or napkins though... it just seemed like too much. We DID manage to find awesome table runners at JYSK that will spruce the tables up a bit though :).

                 

                I just found the prices for centerpieces a little steep for what I was looking for... that's all.
                 



                 



                 

                Ashley: Love the luggage tags! Have been checking those out myself! Any chance they're from a Canadian place that didn't charge you a ton of shipping? That's been my dilemna, trying to find a place that won't charge me what they're worth, just to ship them!
                 

                Originally Posted by ashley490 

                I was told that while there is no vendors fee to bring outside photographers into the resort, there is a $75 day pass that must be purchased.  It appears for the most part that this is a consistent message for most of us.

                 

                On another note I just bought these great little luggage tags to give to my guests.  I'm so pumped about them I thought I'd share a pic  

                 

                 

                Flip flop luggage tag.jpg

                 

                 

                 


                On the subject of photographers, we managed to find a photographer from home who was willing to forgo all of the fees for enagement, rehearsal dinner, wedding and trash the dress sessions in exchange for travel.  That being said, they will be guests at the resort as well.  I didn't want to ask in case they tried to charge me extra, but as they are guests with us for the week, there can't possibly be a vendor fee right?

                 

                Hope all your planning is going well! :)
                 

                 



                #1449 BusyBee123

                BusyBee123
                • Jr. Member
                • 335 posts

                  Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

                  Oh I forgot to mention to you ladies that Vistaprint is having a huge sale online! Sale goes until April 14th. I was able to get 100 postcards, 25 magnets, 25 sheets of letterhead for welcome letters, a personalized stamp and 140 return labels that I'm going to try to paste on lip balm tubes. All of them are personalized and I only had to pay $26 for shipping! Definitely worth checking out!



                  #1450 ashley490

                  ashley490
                  • Newbie
                  • 136 posts

                    Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:47 PM

                    Thanks lmarie!

                     

                    BusyBee123: I bought them from Michaels Craft Store for $4 each, it's a pretty big chain.  As far as I can tell you can't purchase them from Michaels online, but I'm sure there must be one close to you seeing as how you live in Ontario.  They also have a sale on their fans right now, I bought 18 turquoise fans for $22.  I got them to put on the chairs for guests at the ceremony.  Also, if you keep your eye out sometimes they have really good coupons.  Right now they have a coupon to save 40% off of one wedding item and tomorrow there's a coupon to save $5 for every $25 spent (or something like that).  Here's their website if you want to have a look at their deals, flyer, and other wedding items http://www.michaels.com/ 


                    Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users