Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#1271 lmarie

lmarie
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

cupcake.. more purchases from esty? haha

I love the flowers, I want to use blue in my bouquet too!

Originally Posted by cupcake1382 

Here is my bouquet.. I ordered it off Etsy... I didn't want real flowers since I wanted to keep my bouquet after the ceremony and put it on my coffee table back home.. My 4 bridesmaids will have the same bouquet just smaller.

bouquet.jpg

I ordered my dress, wooohoo.. It will be here in June!

#1272 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:14 PM

I love this!! 

Originally Posted by ehpage 

Flower Arrangement

#1273 mekanabr

mekanabr
    • 537 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:33 PM

I love all the flowers ladies!  So pretty and I LOVE the colors!

I never posted my quote from Jan's flowers but I got an awesome price from them (IMO) because I really wanted real orchids.  We aren't using any flowers for centerpieces which is saving us a lot of money, although I'm hoping that I can use the included package flowers from the resort as some sort of head table centerpiece or something...

Bridal Bouquet   - bouquet using a combination of white mini calla with                          $120.00

white cymbidium, pink dendrobium and orange mokara orchids

GROOM              - matching boutonniere with white calla lilly & orange orchid                $  15.00 

Bridesmaid          - 2 bouquets using mainly pink & orange orchids with white   2@$50  $100.00

Boutonniere        - 5 boutonniere for groomsmen & fathers using orchids             5@$8   $  40.00

·         Orchids for brides hair @ $15 plus two bridesmaids @ $10ea                                  $  35.00

·         Pink & orange orchids cascading on cake                                                                $  25.00

DELIVERY FEE                                              $  20.00

FLOWERS / DECORATION COST           US$355.00

in case anyone needs it their email is jansflowers@hotmail.com and their website is jansflowersjamaica.com

#1274 tris

tris
      • 609 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:52 PM

I've heard a lot of good things about Jan's. I'm going through Tai Flora because, for what I wanted, it was extremely reasonable and they've been great. In the end I'm getting full white hydrangea bouquets wrapped in turquoise ribbon. It's under $400 for my bouquet, 2 BM bouquets, 5 bouts, 2 wrist corsages & 2 pin corsages.

I'm curious if using another florist incurs a "vendor fee". I know a lot of resorts get people with this.

Originally Posted by mekanabr 

I love all the flowers ladies!  So pretty and I LOVE the colors!

I never posted my quote from Jan's flowers but I got an awesome price from them (IMO) because I really wanted real orchids.  We aren't using any flowers for centerpieces which is saving us a lot of money, although I'm hoping that I can use the included package flowers from the resort as some sort of head table centerpiece or something...

Bridal Bouquet   - bouquet using a combination of white mini calla with                          $120.00

white cymbidium, pink dendrobium and orange mokara orchids

GROOM              - matching boutonniere with white calla lilly & orange orchid                $  15.00 

Bridesmaid          - 2 bouquets using mainly pink & orange orchids with white   2@$50  $100.00

Boutonniere        - 5 boutonniere for groomsmen & fathers using orchids             5@$8   $  40.00

·         Orchids for brides hair @ $15 plus two bridesmaids @ $10ea                                  $  35.00

·         Pink & orange orchids cascading on cake                                                                $  25.00

DELIVERY FEE                                              $  20.00

FLOWERS / DECORATION COST           US$355.00

in case anyone needs it their email is jansflowers@hotmail.com and their website is jansflowersjamaica.com

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#1275 mekanabr

mekanabr
        • 537 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:44 AM

Hey Tris!  As far as I know there shouldn't be any outside vendors fees.  That was one of my first questions for Beverly and she said no, so if Chandlyn decides there is, I have my emails from Beverly which will be traveling down to Jamaica with me to prove the original info I was told! 

That is a great quote for your flowers, they sound beautiful!!!  I love hydrangeas!

#1276 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
          • 267 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:17 AM

So...if the judge fees were originally $400, does that mean that the 2011 prices go down $200 then too?  I know we were supposed to pay the judge $400 cash as part of our package...is it only $200 then?  Heck - if I can save $200 - that's a start!!!

#1277 toesinsand30

toesinsand30
            • 82 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:58 AM

Chandlyn just sent me the 2011 packages and the judge fee still quotes $400, not sure if this is going to change or not when we get there, either way I dont care (would be nice to save money) but if i have to pay $400 then we will !!!

Originally Posted by missy&eric2011 

So...if the judge fees were originally $400, does that mean that the 2011 prices go down $200 then too?  I know we were supposed to pay the judge $400 cash as part of our package...is it only $200 then?  Heck - if I can save $200 - that's a start!!!

October 18, 2011 Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              I married my bestfriend with 60 of our closest family and friends

and I would do it all over again :D

#1278 ehpage

ehpage
              • 72 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

I received the following email:

As per your email below please note that this is not the case where clients for this year were promised next year's price. There is however a similarity with the price for the Free package for this year and next year. This would be the cost of US200 +10% taxes.

ddedI have confirmed that the Judges 

#1279 ehpage

ehpage
                • 72 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:55 AM

oops the bottom bit got jumbled.. i did confirm the judge fee for the free package for my 2011 wedding are 200.00 + taxes

#1280 toesinsand30

toesinsand30
                  • 82 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:05 AM

Thats good to know :) I think Im going to wing it, I will take $400 with us for the judge just incase but if its $200, then sweet :)

Im not so much worried at the moment since we still have 7 months to go !!!

Originally Posted by ehpage 

oops the bottom bit got jumbled.. i did confirm the judge fee for the free package for my 2011 wedding are 200.00 + taxes

October 18, 2011 Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                    I married my bestfriend with 60 of our closest family and friends

and I would do it all over again :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users