Jump to content

Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#1181 ehpage

ehpage
  • Newbie
  • 72 posts

    Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:56 AM

    Chandlyn told me that the new prices are for 2012 ONLY and it's not her who made up the rates.. It's coming directly from her head office for Bahia Principe and she has no control over the price and she cannot change them...

     

     



    #1182 mekanabr

    mekanabr
    • Member
    • 537 posts

      Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:59 AM

      Hi girls,

       

      Today I visited the Bahia Principe main website and found this contact page: http://www.bahia-pri...tacto/index.htm#

      I wrote a comment to the generic contact which I am hoping is to some sort of corporate office. 

       

      I wrote them a nice complaint, encouraing whoever creates the wedding packages through corporate to offer the reduced package rates to current brides at Runaway Bay.  I have no idea if it will do any good but I figured why not try.  I said the fact that we are already having to pay for food and drinks at a supposed "all inclusive" resort is upsetting enough, but to know that we can't be offered those prices is really unsettling.  I told them that I understood that the wedding coordinator at the resort is not responsible for the rates offered so I hope that someone who is responsible for these package rates will consider reducing them now.  I also mentioned the fact that we are prob having about 50 guests stay at their resort for 4 or more nights so this is bringing in a large amount of revenue for them and we aren't receiving any sort of incentive to do this or getting any discounts, so being offered the reduced rates would be greatly appreciated.

       

      Anywho- if anyone else is interested in contacting them I figure it can't hurt! :) 



      #1183 Dutchie600

      Dutchie600
      • Newbie
      • 53 posts

        Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:37 AM

        EEEK!! 400/hr? I contacted a Local in Jamaica and arranged for him to come and play at the wedding. He's EXTREMELY cheap. 



        #1184 lmarie

        lmarie
        • Jr. Member
        • 211 posts

          Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:36 AM

          You have to pay for food and drink? Are you talking about at the wedding dinner? In my package info that I got from Bev about 6 months ago, it said that I would have to pay a certain amount per guest after I had reached the limit of 16 ( or however many it is included in the free wedding package). But I remember that it wasnt very much money, many $20 or so a person. Is that what you mean? or do you have different info?

           

          Thanks

           

          Originally Posted by mekanabr 

          Hi girls,

           

          Today I visited the Bahia Principe main website and found this contact page: http://www.bahia-pri...tacto/index.htm#

          I wrote a comment to the generic contact which I am hoping is to some sort of corporate office. 

           

          I wrote them a nice complaint, encouraing whoever creates the wedding packages through corporate to offer the reduced package rates to current brides at Runaway Bay.  I have no idea if it will do any good but I figured why not try.  I said the fact that we are already having to pay for food and drinks at a supposed "all inclusive" resort is upsetting enough, but to know that we can't be offered those prices is really unsettling.  I told them that I understood that the wedding coordinator at the resort is not responsible for the rates offered so I hope that someone who is responsible for these package rates will consider reducing them now.  I also mentioned the fact that we are prob having about 50 guests stay at their resort for 4 or more nights so this is bringing in a large amount of revenue for them and we aren't receiving any sort of incentive to do this or getting any discounts, so being offered the reduced rates would be greatly appreciated.

           

          Anywho- if anyone else is interested in contacting them I figure it can't hurt! :) 



           



          #1185 FleetMac bride

          FleetMac bride
          • Jr. Member
          • 200 posts

            Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:36 AM


            Can I also get the menu for the italian restaurant as I have also booked there for my reception
             

            Originally Posted by ashley490 

            Hey Katelynn, I emailed the menu options to you.  You must be getting so excited!  I can't wait till I can say only 44 more days...but alas I've still got 10 months to go  lol!

             



             



             


            Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

            #1186 FleetMac bride

            FleetMac bride
            • Jr. Member
            • 200 posts

              Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:38 AM


              Wow I missed alot too LOL can you email me the pictures of the bouquts choices pretty please and I wander if they are  the same bouquets for the sunshine package?

              wow. step away for a few days and you really miss a lot!!

               

              not sure if I can help out here at all except to pass on what I've been given.  all of the AI resorts I've ever been to guys are NOT allowed shorts - dress or otherwise - for dinner and shirts must have a collar. I plan to check on the sandals bit cuz my guys are wearing them with their wedding clothes. I had completely forgotten about that until I saw it mentioned here, but again, my FI has always had to wear proper shoes at the dinner restaurants and we've been to different AIs in several different places.

               

              I was told there are chair covers even with the free package, but that you pay for the sashes, and that's from the 8 page information thing I got from Bev before she left. there are actually 3 choices of bouquets that you can chose from and for some reason I can't paste them here, but if anyone wants them I can send them.

               

              I think I might email tomorrow and see what kind of answer I get back about the price changes.  we're nov 17th which is ALMOST 2012 right? that should cound for something.  it's also coincidentally 8 months from tomorrow!!! exactly in fact. thurs 17th tomorrow and we're thurs 17th. dress shopping is on for this saturday. anyone else getting guys into Tommy Bahama? that's what we've picked. they actually have a destination wedding section on their website!!

               

              as an FYI, I got another email today about another fuel surcharge, sunwing again. they're adding more - another $30 per person for new bookings. 

               

                 

               



               


              Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

              #1187 mekanabr

              mekanabr
              • Member
              • 537 posts

                Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:49 PM

                No, I meant the extra people cost, in the package I have right now (Blissful Love) its $40 p/p after 30 I think...and then the charges for the bar at the reception ($15 pp/hr).

                 

                I just put it in that complaint to emphasize the fact that we are already paying a lot...cut us a break! lol. 



                #1188 lmarie

                lmarie
                • Jr. Member
                • 211 posts

                  Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

                  haha. Thats what I was hoping you meant, because if we were being told different things about paying for the dinner, as well as all of the other conflicting info that we have all gotten, it would be getting a bit too ridiculous!!

                   

                  Originally Posted by mekanabr 

                  No, I meant the extra people cost, in the package I have right now (Blissful Love) its $40 p/p after 30 I think...and then the charges for the bar at the reception ($15 pp/hr).

                   

                  I just put it in that complaint to emphasize the fact that we are already paying a lot...cut us a break! lol. 



                   



                  #1189 ehpage

                  ehpage
                  • Newbie
                  • 72 posts

                    Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

                    I have the menu options from 2010.. anyone have the 2011 menu, or is it the same??



                    #1190 lsmith211

                    lsmith211
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 168 posts

                      Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:03 PM


                      I followed up with Chandlyn yesterday to see if there was any changes to the menu, cause I leave in 2 weeks and wanted to make sure we still had the same options....  She got back to me the same day (!!!) telling me they are the same
                       

                      Originally Posted by ehpage 

                      I have the menu options from 2010.. anyone have the 2011 menu, or is it the same??



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users