Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#1111 exquisite02

exquisite02
  • Site Supporter
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

Thank you for everyone for welcoming me to the thread. A big thank you goes out to ashley490 for posting the "new" package informaition. Originally, I was thinking about the free package for my May 2012 wedding but now I'm considering the other packages because there is only a couple of hundreds of dollars between the different options.

I definitely think that they want to attract more people like jaykay said above, but I was also wondering if it is because of the low American dollar and maybe because next year is the Summer Olympics so people will be travelling for that instead of making trips to the Carribean.

Do you ladies know if they have increased or decreased the cost for the open bar or renting the gazebo for the party or even for the private reception? I wouldn't be shocked if they increased these prices so that the costs balance out for them. The new package price might be a ploy. The saying goes if it is too good to be true then it might not be. I don't want to sound like a "debbie downer" but i want my budget to be as realistic as possible. I REALLY do hope though that the prices go down and that the Canadian dollar keeps on going up!! lol

#1112 lmarie

lmarie
    • 211 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:18 AM

Welcome exquisite02 and happy planning!

#1113 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
      • 200 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:12 AM

Happy Planning exquisite it happens so fast. I set my date on this past saturday. Yesterday i heard from Chandyln and booked my restaurant and i found out the DJ and private gazebo is 500 so I probably will be booking that so we  have somewhere to do the garter and first dances and stuff. Now to get my dress and bridesmaids dresses.

November 25th-2011 wedding

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

#1114 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
        • 200 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:17 AM

I can't open the attachment why would they go down that's not fari for us booking this year shout

Originally Posted by ashley490 

I'm not really sure, but I'll definitely take it!  So far I've noticed that the minister fees are cheaper and there are some restrictions on things like the spa discount.  I haven't had a close enough look to find all the differences yet but I don't think it's anything major.

#1115 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
          • 200 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:19 AM

that was suppose to say shoot LOL what is the price for the sunshine for 2012?

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride 

I can't open the attachment why would they go down that's not fari for us booking this year shout

#1116 stacey33

stacey33
            • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:17 AM

Mekanabr, here is what I got for you...

As for the rooms with a cd player, no they do not and some of them don't even have an alarm clock that works right.

When you check in make sure to get TWO room keys as you will need one to stay in the unit on the wall by the door at all times to have electricity. It's weird I know but that is how it works. Just stick the key in and walk away .

you don't get to pick the place for dinner, Chandlyn does this for you, and it is impossible to change it. We had Dulce Vitca (sorry I know that is not the right spelling. ) the Italian place. It was very good, as well as the other restaurants are very good too.

We had 27 people at ours and it worked out great.

we used the minister that they picked. He was great no worries on that. They know what they are doing so everything is good. we gave him a $20 tip for his services, and paid him an additional $40 to expedite our marriage license, or it could take up to 3 months to get. This way we should have it hopefully in a few weeks.

Ocho's riu shops should work for you for flowers. we just used the resort flowers for us as that was included in the package. Plus for the table flowers we didn't feel the need to have them as the tables were decorated beautifully.

Hope this helps, reply here is you need more questions answered, I'd be happy to help.

Best wishes to you!

#1117 a084596

a084596
              • 58 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:28 AM

Could you please copy and paste the wedding packages as some of us cannot open the files.

Thanks,

#1118 ashley490

ashley490
                • 136 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:05 AM

My date is Jan. 18 @ 4pm...only 10 more months  lol!  When is your's? 

Originally Posted by erindegagne 

Hey ashley490.......I am getting married in January 2012 too :) what is your date?

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012

#1119 ashley490

ashley490
                  • 136 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:09 AM

The 2012 Sunshine pkg is $400usd.  The only difference from the old sunshine pkg to the new one is 1) the pkg price, and 2) the supplement per additional guest is now cheaper..only $25usd  Other than that everything else is the same.

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride 

that was suppose to say shoot LOL what is the price for the sunshine for 2012?

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012

#1120 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
                    • 200 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:22 AM

OMG that is way cheaper I wander if there is  a way to get some kind of discount.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users